Offensive Coordinator replacement for 2016

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'll stick with Bevell. In fact, I hope he gets a contract extension as he works well with Russ.

Tupps

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1nc5gbuk said:
Considering we've put the vast majority of Paul Allen's resources into our defense, we should be winning games with a two touchdown lead in the fourth quarter. The offense set us up to best Cincy, and unfortunately we let it get away

It's fairly even when considering dead money attributed to Harvin, Unger, Miller correct? Not sure this is relevant anyway, as the offense kinda set the defense up to fail with all the three and outs.

Obviously the defense could have played better (Kam was spotty and Cary did not play well), but the d-line in particular was showing signs of fatigue and one first down likely would have made a difference. Not sure if the lack of first downs is Bevell's fault, but the offensive strategy clearly needs some TLC going forward.

crosfam

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":14es0a89 said:
crosfam":14es0a89 said:
4. Keep Bevell - once we shake off the SB hangover, our offense should work fine. We did actually go the SB twice with him.

This argument needs to stop, it's a fallacy. We went to the Superbowl twice with Jon Ryan too, but we didn't go BECAUSE of him. We went to the Superbowl twice when I wore my #12 jersey all year, but we didn't go BECAUSE of my jersey.

It's a nationally recognized fact that our offense is at it's best when plays break down and Wilson has to pull magic out of his hat, or when Lynch breaks through tackles and bad blocks. To put it more simply: our offense only works when our elite players go off script. That means the script is awful and it's time to fire whoever penned it.

:sarcasm_on: So lets fire him and half the staff. And then when the replacements don't get us back to the SB, lets fire Pete and change the staff again. And then do the same next year. That competitive environment aught to get any coaches' juices flowing and make then want to work for the Seahawks, and make us preferred destination for FA signings. And learning a new offense every year will keep Russ sharp. Sure works for other successful teams. :sarcasm_off:

Bevell is the OC, and if we go back to the playoffs this year, he will be the OC that coaches us to that result. Then he may leave. Then we can replace him. with Scott Frost maybe. It would be a college coordinator, fired head coach, or a up-and-coming position coach. Or Tom Cable, who does not really seem like a play caller to me. Not Sean Payton, who will be with the Saints, or the Dolphins with a hefty HC promotion.

We like to bash him, but if fired, he will get a raise to OC with another team next year. Other threads are suggesting Richard is over his head as DC. After five games...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The only time Graham lined up at Split End, we ran the ball. Bevell seems more interested in trolling, and having his preconceived notions proven correct, than he does in actually playing to our strengths.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I thought Graham and Lockett were implemented in the office quite well. Surrendering a 17-point
lead in the fourth Q doesn't fall at the feet of the OC.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3odbyz6l said:
I thought Graham and Lockett were implemented in the office quite well. Surrendering a 17-point

After that Rawls' TD with 8:38 remaining in the 3rd Quarter, we scored zero offensive points.

Wake up, that falls on the offensive coordinator.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":12xuya82 said:
Siouxhawk":12xuya82 said:

After that Rawls' TD with 8:38 remaining in the 3rd Quarter, we scored zero offensive points.

Only in your world. I see a team coming together, especially on the offensive line. In most circumstances we protect a 17-point lead in the fourth. And once again, we can't have the pick in the red zone. We have to win the turnover battle. Overall though, I liked the development of our passing and run game. Bevell is helping this offense emerge.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Bill O'Brien. Tim Drevno.

I like Drevno, and he has some exposure to the NFL game. Cut his chops as an OL coach, so speaking in broad strokes, his run the ball style would be a fit.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2d8uizu7 said:
hawknation2015":2d8uizu7 said:
Siouxhawk":2d8uizu7 said:

Only in your world. I see a team coming together, especially on the offensive line. In most circumstances we protect a 17-point lead in the fourth. And once again, we can't have the pick in the red zone. We have to win the turnover battle. Overall though, I liked the development of our passing and run game. Bevell is helping this offense emerge.

In football, you have to be able to continue scoring in the 4th quarter to win games. That did not happen for us AT ALL for most of the 3rd quarter, minus an amazing play by Rawls, all of the 4th quarter, and all of overtime. That is not acceptable when your offensive line is playing relatively well, Rawls is running great, and you have a dynamic receiving threat like Graham who is not being utilized.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2w2i1jeg said:
And would he ever be so damn dumb that he lined both his fullbacks up out wide in an empty set?

That never happened, did it? Did that really happen? Tell me that didn't happen, please.

How about having our best pass catcher block on a crucial 3rd down passing situation? I mean, what the flipping flip!? Who does that? Oh yeah.

HawkGA

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3eab0rf2 said:
This argument needs to stop, it's a fallacy. We went to the Superbowl twice with Jon Ryan too, but we didn't go BECAUSE of him. We went to the Superbowl twice when I wore my #12 jersey all year, but we didn't go BECAUSE of my jersey.

Well, that fake field goal in last year's NFC Championship game would beg to differ!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2oiz5kn8 said:
hawknation2015":2oiz5kn8 said:
Siouxhawk":2oiz5kn8 said:

The passing game is in shambles.

You are obviously family to Bevell.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1vwvnfj1 said:
Siouxhawk":1vwvnfj1 said:
hawknation2015":1vwvnfj1 said:
Siouxhawk":1vwvnfj1 said:

In football, you have to be able to continue scoring in the 4th quarter to win games. That did not happen for us AT ALL for most of the 3rd quarter, minus an amazing play by Rawls, all of the 4th quarter, and all of overtime. That is not acceptable when your offensive line is playing relatively well, Rawls is running great, and you have a dynamic receiving threat like Graham who is not being utilized.
I think I heard that the Hawks had never surrendered a 17-point fourth
Quarter lead ever in Pete's time with the Hawks before yesterday, so
No, that is an aberration and the offense did set the team up for a win. Then look at the Lockett catch that almost was, a
missed PI call that would have been huge and a couple of drive-killing holding and false start penalties. In any event, I see the offense as an upgrade in this game and look for better things ahead as we get into the part of our schedule that should be a little easier to handle

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":tth31hs7 said:
Siouxhawk":tth31hs7 said:
hawknation2015":tth31hs7 said:
Siouxhawk":tth31hs7 said:

The passing game is in shambles.

Not family. Just a Hawks fan. But thanks for your clearly ignorant assumption

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":t75axuwi said:
MontanaHawk05":t75axuwi said:

Sooooo I doubt he actually thought you were a member of Bevell's lineage.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1qyr6tld said:
Siouxhawk":1qyr6tld said:
MontanaHawk05":1qyr6tld said:

Gotcha. So why was it said? Can't someone have an objective opinion without a snide and debasing comment about having to be a family member to establish validity?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2mcpuxz6 said:
CodeWarrior":2mcpuxz6 said:
Siouxhawk":2mcpuxz6 said:
MontanaHawk05":2mcpuxz6 said:

Gotcha. So why was it said? Can't someone have an objective opinion without a snide and debasing comment about having to be a family member to establish validity?

Making a comment like "only in your world" seems equally snide and debasing, IMO.

I just find it amazing that you think Bevell should not be held accountable when the offense fails to score time and time again at the end of games.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":d24p7mmc said:
CodeWarrior":d24p7mmc said:
Siouxhawk":d24p7mmc said:
MontanaHawk05":d24p7mmc said:

Do you actually want it explained, or are you just being hypersensitive?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1qtzaswd said:
CodeWarrior":1qtzaswd said:
Siouxhawk":1qtzaswd said:

Making a comment like "only in your world" seems equally snide and debasing, IMO.

I just find it amazing that you think Bevell should not be held accountable when the offense fails to score time and time again at the end of games.[/quote]
And I find it equally amazing that you lay it all on him and dismiss everyone else. In any event, I see our offense coming together and am encouraged by that. We are about to hit our stride and put together a nice stretch like last year. That's how I see it.