Official Maelstrom and Geno Smith Apology Thread

W

Welshers

@Maelstrom787 and geno have both cemented themselves into all time seahawks lore tonight.

Geno, I have done nothing but doubt you all off season. I said all I wanted was to win this game and you did it. You played amazing. You outplayed RW3 and I couldn't have been more wrong. Please accept my apology.

Maelstrom I'd like to also apologize to you. You did it. You backed geno relentlessly when so many of us chided you for it. I am guilty. Maelstrom you are a prophet.

Tears of joy tonight.

Oh, and russ was terrible.

Scout

Reaction score
What I didn't understand was Denver going with a game plan with RW throwing the ball 40+ times. The screen game was working as well as traditional iso run plays. Plenty of time to establish a run game as the score was close throughout four quarters. But it was said on the telecast with the Mannings that RW had more leeway with the new OC to change plays at the line.

If it wasn't the busted play with the rookie Bryant RW would have barely passed for 300 yards and had no TDs in this constest.

The flipside is that Waldron called a good game for three quarters and Geno executed. With only 28 pass attempts Geno had 195 yards passing but 2 TDs. Run game wasn't established on Seattle's side either. However, the difference was the Seattle's passing attack was more focused and efficient.

Moving forward teams will keep playing cover 2 and daring the Broncos to run the ball. Many teams will be happy to have Wilson throw 40 times per game with only 300 yards passing and few TDs.

Scout

Reaction score
It still amazes me that Carolina continues to overpay for average QB play with not just one but two QBs now. Granted, I think given more time that Baker Mayfied can do more than average QB play once he learns Carolina's offense better.

Right now the Seahawks are enjoying above average QB play from Geno at bargain prices. Not bad at all so far.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, what we've seen from Geno since last season in a Seahawks uniform has varied from 'fine' to 'good'. (Which, in reality, I undersold because 14 straight completions is better than just good and he just proved he can repeat that).

The obsession with how 'terrible' Geno would be seemed to be more a reflection of blind loyalty to one #3 or blind hatred of Old Man Pete, not something about Geno. Sorry, I don't buy for a second that the majority of people who hated Geno actually followed him closely in New York. Like, who the heck watches the Jets if they don't have to?

I'm still not convinced Geno is necessarily our QB of the future but nothing he's done since last year has warranted the consternation he's managed to work up from some folks on here. We definitely have bigger areas of concern than QB.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Are you really trying to give Geno the credit for this win?
The defense won this.
Geno got 2 TDs and FG. One on a blown assignment. He didn't exactly carry the team.

The defense had 2 goal line stands that resulted in zero points, in a game we won by 1. They won this.

Yes Geno kept the chains moving. He threw good passes. But he wasn't the difference.

And 17 isn't going to be enough moving forward.

Smellyman

Reaction score
The defense won this.
Geno got 2 TDs and FG. One on a blown assignment. He didn't exactly carry the team.

The defense had 2 goal line stands that resulted in zero points, in a game we won by 1. They won this.

Yes Geno kept the chains moving. He threw good passes. But he wasn't the difference.

As Geno said it was a team win and the D won it.

But Geno is not trash like half the board claimed. If he throws for 2 TDs and not ints every game you take it every time.

On pace for 34 TDs and 0 ints. :D

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The defense won this.

If only Hackett could've moved the goalposts like this. McManus might've made the kick.

Scout

Reaction score
The defense won this.

Well RW lone TD came on a blown coverage by a rookie CB. In fact I don't think this game would have been close if some of those INTs were not dropped by the Hawks.

But I agree that the defense is looking really good though. Clean up the tackling and this defense has very high potential to be really good.

Own The West

Reaction score
The defense won this.

Geno was 23/28 with 2 TD and 0 INT, a 119.5 QBR. That's carrying enough.

All three phases showed up tonight. It was enough.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The defense won this.

This thread isnt about giving Geno every ounce of credit for the win.
Nice strawman
This thread is about Geno being much better than many were giving him credit to be, which he was
Quit grasping at straws to keep a terribe narrative alive.
This isnt the night for that

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This thread isnt about giving Geno every ounce of credit for the win.
Nice strawman
This thread is about Geno being much better than many were giving him credit to be, which he was
Quit grasping at straws to keep a terribe narrative alive.
This isnt the night for that
The pervasive pessimism and nitpicking will continue, but I don't give half of a Russ after that fat W. You can't even speak well of Geno without people jumping to "stop giving him credit!!!"

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Hey if you want to jump up and down about winning by one point, playing at home, while only scoring 17 - as the opposing QB was garbage?

By all means.
But the reason the opposing QB WAS garbage was probably the defense. Call it a strawman if you want, but Geno was the bus driver not the one that won us the game. He didn't even do anything for the final quarter.
The defense held firm and deserves the credit.
Geno wasn't garbage. So kudos on that. But the defense deserves the flowers here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hey if you want to jump up and down about winning by one point, playing at home, while only scoring 17 - as the opposing QB was garbage?

By all means.
But the reason the opposing QB WAS garbage was probably the defense. Call it a strawman if you want, but Geno was the bus driver not the one that won us the game. He didn't even do anything for the final quarter.
The defense held firm and deserves the credit.
Geno wasn't garbage. So kudos on that. But the defense deserves the flowers here.
Wasn't garbage? Damn right.

He was perfect in the first half.