Official Maelstrom and Geno Smith Apology Thread

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I think its really.. just more or less to say congrats team yall did great. we're proud. Sorry Geno for doubting your and sorry @Maelstrom787 for being rude, and not looking at how you did with geno and you were correct.

Look an apology thats not giving credit to geno but acknowledging I was wrong in my assement of geno vs lock. As well as recognizing tonight was a team win.. why tf are people getting pissed at people for admiting they were wrong and eating crow? holy shit. I am happy to be wrong, This team looks refreshed and amped. As for those trying to push a narrative and they're panties are in a twist.. go to bed, get drunk, go smoke a something.. something holy cow try to be happy eh?
Yep this is exactly what I was aiming for with the OP. Not sure why it turned into a debate about the defense vs geno lol

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think its really.. just more or less to say congrats team yall did great. we're proud. Sorry Geno for doubting your and sorry @Maelstrom787 for being rude, and not looking at how you did with geno and you were correct.

Look an apology thats not giving credit to geno but acknowledging I was wrong in my assement of geno vs lock. As well as recognizing tonight was a team win.. why tf are people getting pissed at people for admiting they were wrong and eating crow? holy shit. I am happy to be wrong, This team looks refreshed and amped. As for those trying to push a narrative and they're panties are in a twist.. go to bed, get drunk, go smoke a something.. something holy cow try to be happy eh?
Don't apologize to me, man. It's fine.

There's a whole season to go. People think I think that Geno is a great quarterback - I don't, I just try to give him a fair shake. He's not that same kid that the Jets ruined. I'm just glad he was able to show again that he's capable of good, and opened some eyes to that.

The guys not some joke. He's not the future, but he earned his shot.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Don't apologize to me, man. It's fine.

There's a whole season to go. People think I think that Geno is a great quarterback - I don't, I just try to give him a fair shake. He's not that same kid that the Jets ruined. I'm just glad he was able to show again that he's capable of good, and opened some eyes to that.

The guys not some joke. He's not the future, but he earned his shot.
Oh I think overall tonight Geno def took what he did last season in the short time he started and impoved. He looks like a refreshed QB now. Im excited to see how he and team does. Im anxious to see what waldron has in store with him and im really eager to see him with KW3 back there. I think Geno truly might surpise us. I know so far I am. I can't be disappointed if doesnt pan out or whatever. As we've already seen that when he was with the jets.

And as others have stated Geno never got a fair shake his whole career. He's never had the talent/weapons he's surrounded with right now. And I've always felt that a QB can make or break your WR/TE and vica versa and to see him and DK on the same page in the MIDDLE was just amazing and refeshing.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Well that was the win we needed the most so he’ll yeah. The worst the Donks do the better. From here on the worse we do the better. No one wants their team to tank but this is not the season to be doing well.

Geno can hang them up.
After that win I’m perfectly fine if we lose out.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

After that win I’m perfectly fine if we lose out.
I wouldn't necessarily be mad if we did lose out, but now I'm wondering if this team can't accomplish more. They showed a lot of heart and Geno looked great. Makes me wonder if they have an outside chance at competing for the division.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily be mad if we did lose out, but now I'm wondering if this team can't accomplish more. They showed a lot of heart and Geno looked great. Makes me wonder if they have an outside chance at competing for the division.
If a run game develops, maybe? Beating RW was huge but 17 points isn’t enough to beat most opponents.
We are pretty much what we were last year if Geno continues to play well. I think we can now say he is comparable to RW but that is why we traded RW, not good enough.

I think the focus this year should be about development, win or lose.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
We agree that both were awesome plays by the defense. My point is more that both of those randomly bouncing balls bounced in ways that were fortunate for the Hawks and were scooped up by the Seahawks D. FYI, I define "luck" as "opportunity meets preparation." Kind of like that onside kick recovered by Chris Matthews in the NFCCG vs the Packers.

QDiggs dropping the Russell pick... that wasn't "bad luck" IMO, that was, "that's why Diggs is a DB and not a WR". Opportunity meets lack of catching ability = interception not made.
We dropped two picks and Wilson’s pump fake fumble magically bounced right back to him. This wasn’t a lucky win this was all a team effort. Do we need to clean some areas up on defense? Sure but this team has more heart than any Hawk team aside from LOB years I’ve ever seen.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Hey if you want to jump up and down about winning by one point, playing at home, while only scoring 17 - as the opposing QB was garbage?

By all means.
But the reason the opposing QB WAS garbage was probably the defense. Call it a strawman if you want, but Geno was the bus driver not the one that won us the game. He didn't even do anything for the final quarter.
The defense held firm and deserves the credit.
Geno wasn't garbage. So kudos on that. But the defense deserves the flowers here.
Your right the D showed up big time but that doesnt take away from good play from the offense and special teams... the hawks played all three phases well and thats just a fact... how ever this team has lots of work to do to be a great team... right now they are a team with a lot of potential they need to grow into their potential by mid season the rookies should be settled in and losing some of the mistakes... one thing i will say this was a decently officiated game that surprised me.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Y'all apologizing to the wrong man. Say "sorry, Pete!"
Slow your roll there sparky, PC has every reason to be extremely motivated to win this game, and we ended up winning by only 1 point. He will have plenty opportunities to run-run-pass and “conserve the lead” out of at least a couple of wins this season.

keasley45

Reaction score
Slow your roll there sparky, PC has every reason to be extremely motivated to win this game, and we ended up winning by only 1 point. He will have plenty opportunities to run-run-pass and “conserve the lead” out of at least a couple of wins this season.
His reason for run run pass is gone.

This is Peteball with Geno.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Ok. So let me get this straight. Last year, the D gave up gobs of yards but came up with timely stops and finished near top 10 in points allowed and you railed on how they were bad.

This year, the defense gives up gobs of yards, keeping the offense off the field almost the entire half, but makes timely stops and holds the opposition to 16 points and they're great?

Got it.

I think @keasley45 makes a good point here.
On the other hand, I give @TwistedHusky credit for not hiding like other Wilson fans have. OK, @John63 was too busy posting on his primary haunt, a Broncos fan board where he's achieved "All-Pro" status, but where oh where did "Failed" (with an "I" and a big fat "L"!) go?

BASF

Reaction score
How many times did we run-run-pass the last two seasons without trying to run out the clock in the fourth quarter with at least a two score lead? I went through every play by play in that time, and I guarantee you the answer is a lot lower than you think.

GemCity

Reaction score
Geno knocked it out the park. You know, I was mystified at this whole mention of “game manager” talk…how Pete doesn’t need a superstar QB….etc. We all know how todays game is geared towards a high power offense…

I still don’t have confidence in the 4th quarter runs..,waiting to see his consistency.

But, that was an extremely impressive game by Geno and the entire team.

His pocket presence in the first half was awesome!!! He just needs to carry that forward into the second half. The 3 and outs put us in jeopardy. He didn’t look as calm and collected.

But hey…that’s extreme criticism.

Very happy for him!!!! And us!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Geno played phenomenal in the 1st half, so I apologize for that.

BUT, he seemed to regress in the 2nd half and wasn't stepping up and making the same confident throws, so that worries me going forward.

It's like he can play loose and confident until the pressure tightens, then he becomes hesitant and shrinks in the moments, like we saw too often in the 2nd half last night.

We benefited GREATLY from Denver looking rusty and out of sync because Hackett didn't play any starters in the pre-season, that's not going to be the case going forward.

GemCity

Reaction score

There’s no pleasure is being right about a guy sucking.
The LJ pick had me frustrated (see…even mentioning it now lol) and I found myself constantly taking digs at those who were hopeful about the pick.

But let’s be honest. As fans, we want to see our guys succeed. Regardless of how much you despise a player, don’t agree with the pick, can’t stand their spouse or brand, you want players on YOUR team to succeed.

Geno’s performance last night…had to warm your heart. It did for me…and although I don’t think I’ve criticized him a lot directly (maybe I have…can’t recall…too lazy to look), I never thought he could do what he did last night.

I don’t think he’s our long term answer. He doesn’t have to be. I don’t think his performance will continue to be this damn good throughout the season. It doesn’t have to be. Last nights win felt like a Super Bowl.

But to his credit, he just put the smack down on his critics. It will be truly magical if his performance stays at a high level.

And if I’m wrong about him being the long term answer and he keeps balling, I’m going to be more than happy to come back and tell you I suck..,eat crow….foot in mouth.

Last night was simply….amazing!!!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
lets not get ahead of ourselves too much here. Did Geno exceed my expectations? Yes, for sure he looked amazing the first half. The second half he went 6-10 for 27 yards. Let's get 4 or 5 games under our belt before we get too excited.I loved his post game interview, Very cool to see that kind of joy on someone's face.

BamKam

Reaction score
Geno had a great first half and I am happy for him. He is still Geno Smith and will have plenty of “Geno” moments this year. Maybe he can be a top 20 QB but he didn’t suddenly turn into Joe Montana overnight.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Funny thread. You will never see those apologies go the other direction.