on Bootlegs and Pull-blocking (rather, a question about them

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
I've read a few reviews of our OL from here (Kip & Scott I believe) mentioning that our pull-blocking is rather ineffective.

If the above is indeed the case, would this be one of the reasons we're not seeing very many bootlegs (plays that really compliment Wilson's strengths). In other words, does this kind of play require pull-blocks?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Fave ran play-action naked boots with great frequency and success. Both in Green Bay and Minny.

I have always imagined the naked booty would be a real attractive ass et for Russell Wilson.

OP
OP
ClumsyLurk

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
So on the naked-bootleg plays (say to the right), the Right Guard and Tackle would block like so and would this be considered pull blocking?

IVuAgvn

bestfightstory

Reaction score
On a naked bootleg nobody pulls. The fake in this example would be a dive play to the left and Wilson would play action boot to the right without any blockers pulling (LG or RG) to lead him (this 'naked').

Sometimes the blockers on the right side will block down (toward the center) rather than reaching (to their outside) in order to sell the dive or the fake to the left side.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The more I think about it.....

I'd really like to see someone put the naked boot in Wilson's arsenal....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have never commented on our pull blocking other than to say I don't think Carpenter has the footspeed to do it well or often.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3t8yid19 said:
I have never commented on our pull blocking other than to say I don't think Carpenter has the footspeed to do it well or often.

Mojoman...that is not exactly a secret on this message board. It seems to me that someone pours cement into his shoes before each game!! I could use another description.....but then I might be banned!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bestfightstory":30l1gll4 said:
The more I think about it.....

I'd really like to see someone put the naked boot in Wilson's arsenal....

preperation (h) in the separation joke.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I wonder if Big Walt coming in as an assistant to Cable and making all these guys push Cadillac SUVs around would help? Lol.

OP
OP
ClumsyLurk

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Nice and sorry for bringing you into this Scott.

It would be sweet to see Marshawn have a good day running. The way Russell hands off and curls out on many of their running plays would really help sell the run as well.

After reading up a bit - I had the wrong impression on pull blocking. And will definitely agree on Carp being too slow footed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
There is a good article on field gulls right now highlighting some pull blocks.

hidn

Reaction score
The naked boot is only effective if the DE is biting on the play action. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Against Seattle, that DE usually doesn't bite on the fake because they stress the read option all week.

Latest posts