One more test left for this team.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2p7xeqxf said:
Largent80":2p7xeqxf said:
We flogged the Rams for over a decade and now we have a test to beat them?

The Rams are just a speedbump.

When was that, the 2000's? Cause they've been beating us up for a while now..........four out of the past five to be exact.

Prior to their present run, we swept them for many years, Google it if you must.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3q1pq2eu said:
Sgt. Largent":3q1pq2eu said:
Largent80":3q1pq2eu said:
We flogged the Rams for over a decade and now we have a test to beat them?

The Rams are just a speedbump.

When was that, the 2000's? Cause they've been beating us up for a while now..........four out of the past five to be exact.

Prior to their present run, we swept them for many years, Google it if you must.

So what does that prove. We used to beat the Cardinals a lot too back in the day before Warner got good for them, does that mean we shouldn't worry about them anymore either?

The past is irrelevant. To say the Rams aren't a problem for us is just flat out wrong. Until we start beating them regularly again, they ARE a problem.

Largent80

Reaction score
They are not a problem. And I'm not wrong. They are a friggin mess is what they are. And our lack of a solid middle of our O-Line is the reason for their ability to beat us, also having your starting QB with a high ankle sprain... but guess what?...It's getting better and I think we spank them good next go-around.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":24mgb4et said:
They are not a problem. And I'm not wrong. They are a friggin mess is what they are. And our lack of a solid middle of our O-Line is the reason for their ability to beat us, also having your starting QB with a high ankle sprain... but guess what?...It's getting better and I think we spank them good next go-around.

I hope you're right, but until we actually do kick the crap out of them there's no other conclusion than as of this point in time the LA Rams are a pain in our butts. Should they be? No. Why are they when they suck against everyone else? I have no idea. But............they............are.

btw, I was at the game last year at home against the Rams when we were the hottest team in the NFL rolling. Me and my bro in law were so happy walking into the stadium all confident and pumped up that THIS was finally the game the Hawks would stop this losing nonsense against a terrible team.

Giphy

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't think the biggest test is any one team that is left on the table but one thats that's on the coaches and the players to find a consistent and dependable running game.

Offensive Line needs to punch people in the mouth. RBs don't need to be spectacular just protect the ball and scrap for positive yardage. Get Play-Action and Zone Read back in the fold at a high level to keep Defenses cheating up to the LOS.

You get that running game rolling the Offense has the potential to be unstoppable especially if Kearse can step it up and gain back some of his clutch magic.

You get that running game going, you keep the opposing offense off the field with less opportunity to find holes and exploit the cover-3. You keep the Seahawks Defense fresh and focused especially if fatigue has been aiding mental laspes that allow big plays and some of the penalties we've seen. If anything the Seahawks Defense, is a snowball rolling down a mountain, at times you can avoid it or out run it, but once it gains enough momentum it turns in to an avalanche. They get in your head and will swallow you up. But they are human and are prone to mistakes and fatigue just like every other team. But it's all about limiting opposing offenses, and allowing that D get into their game to become the Avalanche.

And that is greatly helped with an offense that can control the clock, first and foremost, and 2ndly score points in doing so. To me, perhaps situationally, like in the first half, with a lead or a chance to take the lead, a 5-8 minute FG might be more valuable than a 1-4 minute TD. If you can score TDs though running 5+ minutes off the clock in doing so... thats the dream.

Basically long story short, you find that running game, you build on that running game, and you make that running game as tough and smash-mouth as it can be, Seahawks can beat any team, anywhere and likely do it it at a dominanting level.

If the run game is hit or miss, or downright non-existent like it has been you'll get what we've seen. A team thats not dominant but still good enough to battle and win. That's how good the rest of the team is, especially when they are allowed to play their game... i.e refs sucking out momentum on big plays or allowing other teams to cheat the rules but keeping the Seahawks to them.

The question is how much potential does this Running Game really have to progress?

I like the odds, its like a start of a new season for them. Cable is starting to play to his O-Lines strengths, not mandating to his ZBS philosophies. At the same time a young and inexperienced Oline is coming together, growing together and gaining the most vital aspects of any good or consistent OLine needs, trust and chemistry.

It's a whole new world for the RBs in the sense, Prosise got games under his belt and he is fresher than most RBs at this point. He's not a workhorse by any means but in a quality stable he can be great if he continues run with the same mentality he did against ME.

Rawls is returning, hes going to be rusty no doubt but he's is also fresh with enough games to get him going, health willing. Even if he's 75% of what he was last season, thats a huge boost to the running game.

Then there is everyones favorite Xfactor in Troymaine Pope, as a guy who is fresh but hasnt dealt with injuries. Time will tell if he can add something to the mix, but we've seen his potential and hes been receiving accolades from his coaching. Cable is not one to sugarcoat in regards to his RBs and yet he served some serious praise for Pope.

And if you looked at Cables history, hes had some success creating running games with no name RBs. Or getting the most out of some marquee names in the latter halves their careers. But it's all about trust, its all about staying on business to the design.

And that is what it comes down to, the Oline will likely continue to grow, Russ is getting his legs underneath each and every game, and I'm certain when the time comes that he needs to use them, he'll be another element to the ground game. Bevell is notorious in saving things in his back pocket.

Then you have three relatively fresh, hard-nosed guys in the backfield who have all displayed toughness and quickness between the tackles at one point or another. Three dogs with potential that if are all business for positive yardage and running the design... the ground game will improve.

You get those guys to thier ceilings in sync with the Offensive line, a Championship is there for the taking in dominant fashion.

Latest posts