One reason for Pete Carroll’s optimism?

ivotuk

Reaction score
The broken ankle wasn't Rawls fault, anybodies ankle would have broken had it got caught up in the awkward way it did.

With Justin Britt leading "grinding workouts" with his guys (he called Joekel and Oday as soon as they signed), I think the improvement we see will be phenomenal.

I know that average would be great, but I believe we see an overpowering running game this year, and that's all this defense needs.

Foghawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2h72bg6t said:
The broken ankle wasn't Rawls fault, anybodies ankle would have broken had it got caught up in the awkward way it did.

With Justin Britt leading "grinding workouts" with his guys (he called Joekel and Oday as soon as they signed), I think the improvement we see will be phenomenal.

I know that average would be great, but I believe we see an overpowering running game this year, and that's all this defense needs.

Music to my ears, hope you're correct :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":3k07ea9n said:

More points help also :)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ivotuk":x8fljsm8 said:

We were already starting to see a terrific running game last year. Remember the opening drive against the Falcons? Masterful. Had Kevin Pierre-Louis and Rees Odhiambo not handed the Falcons a probably 14-point swing in the 2nd quarter, our resident pessimists might not be interpreting the Falcons game as a sign of doom and gloom and Pete Carroll being unqualified to coach.

I do think Rawls will beat out Lacy by October without really breaking a sweat, but regardless, if we can stay healthy, I'm optimistic. 2016 was an injury year and we still made the top 8.

nash72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":104r54sr said:
I always admire Pete for his optimism, but these sort of proclamations by Pete are nothing but rah rah empty statements.

Exactly

Seafan

Reaction score
ivotuk":gpkm0omj said:

Agreed. Some people seem to forget the Hawks were two chip shots from a 12-4 record in spite the disaster of an OL and freak backfield injuries. Pete is optimistic because he should be.

Injuries/health will be the key to the success of the Hawks this year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":36c6js7e said:
Sgt. Largent":36c6js7e said:
I always admire Pete for his optimism, but these sort of proclamations by Pete are nothing but rah rah empty statements.

Exactly

I can sympathize. Any more, it's kind of white noise to me at this point. I simply choose to not allow my natural cynical disposition to get irritated by it anymore. I have come to accept that we will get limitless enthusiasm from Pete. Whether it's empty or grounded in reality. Doesn't faze me anymore. Nor do I take it as any real indicator of what he actually thinks behind closed doors.

Normally, I abhor baseless hope. I think it's for suckers. But I've grown to simply recognize it and accept it and not let it taint my own opinion or expectations. It's more like a mental game to me now. Parsing Pete Speak and trying to unravel what's not being said whether by omission or by delivery.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1w5q9uwr said:
nash72":1w5q9uwr said:
Sgt. Largent":1w5q9uwr said:

Exactly

I can sympathize. Any more, it's kind of white noise to me at this point. I simply choose to not allow my natural cynical disposition to get irritated by it anymore. I have come to accept that we will get limitless enthusiasm from Pete. Whether it's empty or grounded in reality. Doesn't faze me anymore. Nor do I take it as any real indicator of what he actually thinks behind closed doors.

Normally, I abhor baseless hope. I think it's for suckers. But I've grown to simply recognize it and accept it and not let it taint my own opinion or expectations. It's more like a mental game to me now. Parsing Pete Speak and trying to unravel what's not being said whether by omission or by delivery.

I agree it is interesting to parse Coachspeak....Here is a translation...

[youtube]D8KNcP7Ufzg[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20p702gz said:
So Pete should just come out and say "Our O Line sucks, and will continue to suck. We really don't have much of a chance this year."

:2thumbs:

Of course not. Pete is Pete, we love his optimism, it's what makes him a great coach.

But that doesn't mean this statement actually means something tangible to get excited about. It's Pete, he gets excited about the new lawnmower at the VMAC.

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3klnum3p said:
Of course not. Pete is Pete, we love his optimism, it's what makes him a great coach.

But that doesn't mean this statement actually means something tangible to get excited about. It's Pete, he gets excited about the new lawnmower at the VMAC.

And here we have Sgt. Largent being Sgt. Largent, dismissing Pete Carroll at his convenience. It certainly doesn't mean that Sgt. Largents words offer anything useful to take to heart.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":3gbqsajy said:
Sgt. Largent":3gbqsajy said:

And here we have Sgt. Largent being Sgt. Largent, dismissing Pete Carroll at his convenience. It certainly doesn't mean that Sgt. Largents words offer anything useful to take to heart.

say my name say my name say my name...............

[youtube]sQgd6MccwZc[/youtube]

Jville

Reaction score
^^^

None of your dismissals or diversions add anything to the subject of this thread. Your trolling.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":1lszy8xk said:
^^^

None of your dismissals or diversions add anything to the subject of this thread. Your trolling.

At least I stated my opinion about the thread's topic, all you're doing is kicking me in the nuts. So who's the troll?

Largent80

Reaction score
Jville":333h4gza said:
Sgt. Largent":333h4gza said:

Hey, he knows everything about season 6 of every zombie show on TV, so don't be so harsh.

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1hhdzpa6 said:
Jville":1hhdzpa6 said:
^^^

At least I stated my opinion about the thread's topic, all you're doing is kicking me in the nuts. So who's the troll?

Wrong on both assertions. Nobody is kicking you. Your dismissing both Pete Carroll and this thread's subject. Yours is not an opinion .... it is a dismissal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":21chatk6 said:
Sgt. Largent":21chatk6 said:
Jville":21chatk6 said:
^^^

Wrong on both assertions. Nobody is kicking you. Your dismissing both Pete Carroll and this thread's subject. Yours is not an opinion .... it is a dismissal.

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
"I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
synonyms: belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint; More

Tomorrow I'll explain to you how yellow and blue make green.

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":32ktup1w said:
Jville":32ktup1w said:
Sgt. Largent":32ktup1w said:
Jville":32ktup1w said:
^^^

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
synonyms: belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint; More

Your trolling. Your off topic and dismissive.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2b1t4keu said:

I would think learning to tie our shoes should come first to cut down on the injuries?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jville":1ujn5bpo said:
Sgt. Largent":1ujn5bpo said:
Jville":1ujn5bpo said:
^^^

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun

Tomorrow I'll explain to you how yellow and blue make green

Your trolling. Your off topic and dismissive.

Now now boys, don't make me put you in separate rooms. Signed, Dad. :179419: