One thing is very clear

Largent80

Reaction score
What is clear to me is that we don't have certain players in place to run the defense the way it is designed.

Teams used the short game on us all year and we couldn't stop it.

Shead is a safety playing corner and Lane regressed terribly in the slot, and you see what happens when Earl or Kam go out.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Do you think Richard is trying to ride the coat tails of the LOB and figure out where he want to take it?

themunn

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3ckj3wjj said:
seahawkfreak":3ckj3wjj said:
hawkfannj":3ckj3wjj said:
Thepeelsessions":3ckj3wjj said:
This offseason will be extremely interesting.

If any of Bevell, Richard, or Cable are still here going into next season, that will be interesting. If any of them aren't, that will be interesting. I can't wait to see which direction Paul, John, and Pete go.
I just can't get behind this Cable got to go crap . Try cooking a decent meal with spoiled ingredients. With what he had I think he did a phenomenal job. The others I'm totally with it they both got to go

I think there is truth to this. I would be willing to completely agree that we stop eating moldy food. I don't need ribeye either. I am so envious of Atlanta for landing Mack at center.

Cable has had 3 1st rounders to work with.

And 2 of them have contracts worth $70m between them at other teams.

erik2690

Reaction score
mrt144":3qt2kjcm said:
Bigpumpkin":3qt2kjcm said:
NJlargent":3qt2kjcm said:
Steve2222":3qt2kjcm said:
Clearly that's not true. Biggest thing for them is getting HFA. They play a playoff game in Seattle, they win. They play on the road, they lose.

This is true but then they laid an egg to Arizona and lost the bye. That on coaching and coming out flat

I just do not understand why the Hawks could not beat AZ at home.....that was the dagger in the back for Seattle. We had an open path to a "Bye" week, but blew it. I agree with you that the Hawks needed HFA this year.

Listening to Russell Wilson in his Post Game interview left me shaking my head. It was clear to me that he was not upset at losing this game today. "We just got to play better"....and similar Pablum lacks sincerity in my book.

I think RW has a lot of great attributes and his positive attitude is how he copes with adversity but it absolutely does come across as head in the sand or not wanting to make other people feel bad. It's like he wants to be a whipping boy.

Why would he change the way he reacts to losses now though? He pretty famously was 'on to the next'/glass 3/4 full after a pretty devastating loss to Atlanta his rookie year. I don't know how you get from not liking his reaction (despite it being the same as past losses we've bounced back from) to this: "It was clear to me that he was not upset at losing this game today", that seems like a wild leap. Like people think he just didn't mind losing? I'll never understand some takes. RW got credited with an interception on that crazy Luke Willson INT that absolutely sealed the game and he's the guy 20 yards down field making the tackle as the game is over, but yeah he just doesn't care enough is the issue. I don't really understand the logic of how RW now being really upset after tough losses would seem more sincere to anyone. 'Flipping personality is very sincere so long as it's flipping to something I'd rather see or relate to more' makes little sense to me.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about Russ is he slightly flinches in the pocket as the rush bears in on him. Call it battle fatigue or something. Anyone else notice that? Makes me wonder how he's processing his pass options while doing that defense mechanism.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3qbahcst said:
One thing I've noticed about Russ is he slightly flinches in the pocket as the rush bears in on him. Call it battle fatigue or something. Anyone else notice that? Makes me wonder how he's processing his pass options while doing that defense mechanism.

Heh he probably is he's to used to being on his back before he gets his second read

HawkGA

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1npk8j70 said:
HawkGA":1npk8j70 said:
Thepeelsessions":1npk8j70 said:
If any of Bevell, Richard, or Cable are still here going into next season, that will be interesting.

I don't see how that is interesting in any way.
Really? Have you been watching the Seattle Seahawks for the last two years?

Yes, that's why I think no changes in coordinators will not be interesting. It will be sad. Not interesting.

irocdave

Reaction score
hawkfannj":muxpv2mx said:
Thepeelsessions":muxpv2mx said:

If any of Bevell, Richard, or Cable are still here going into next season, that will be interesting. If any of them aren't, that will be interesting. I can't wait to see which direction Paul, John, and Pete go.
I just can't get behind this Cable got to go crap . Try cooking a decent meal with spoiled ingredients. With what he had I think he did a phenomenal job. The others I'm totally with it they both got to go

The rumors are that Cable has a large say in purchasing the spoiled ingredients. He also seasons and cooks those spoiled ingredients. Does it make sense now why fans are calling for Cable to get the boot?

Reaction score
hawkfannj":363uh2ag said:
Thepeelsessions":363uh2ag said:

The problem is that he is the one who is picking the ingredients.

nash72

Reaction score
Hawkpower":w4jrm2tc said:
nash72":w4jrm2tc said:
crosfam":w4jrm2tc said:
WindCityHawk":w4jrm2tc said:
How many playoff embarrassments do we need to rack up before someone is shown the door? XLIX, the no-show in Carolina, the belly flop today--we're developing a reputation as perennial pretenders, and our coaches keep telling us things are fine. It's ridiculous, demoralizing, and only getting harder to root for.

If Pete is serious about winning another trophy--and I belive he is--nothing would lift my spirits more than seeing someone, anyone, held accountable.

Playoff teams generally do not fire coaches, they lose them to promotions.

And yet nobody seems to want ours.

Um, we always lose our assistants. We lost to a former one today.

And Im pretty sure both Cable and Richard have been names in the mix.

Im not necessarily saying I would have a problem with change, but the former comment is correct regarding playoff teams rarely gutting their staff.

Oh you mean the defensive coordinators. Yeah they scalped up 2 of them, but how come nobody ever grabs one of the offensive guys? Because they truly are offensive. Cables name seems to always get tossed around, but nobodys ever serious about taking him. He'll only be gone if he accepts a college position at seems. Bevell,,,,,we are all to familiar with the sounds of chirping crickets.