OT Branden Albert works out for Seahawks

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Seahawks4life":2gui3sb4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/917505555568168960[/tweet]

Gonna trade a pick for Brown and give him a new contract? Do they have the cap space to make it happen? I don't really care about losing the pick. They are horrid at drafting OL

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hey if working him out gets us a deal with Brown then heck yes. Otherwise I'm trying to understand why a guy coming off his career worst season would hold out when most dudes would be sweating getting cut?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Seahawks4life":1jav31bs said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/917505555568168960[/tweet]

This is the same guy which called the Nick Foles trade to the Rams 2 weeks before it happens. I believe him when he says Duane Brown is our target

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Maybe they will trade Jimmy to the Texans for Duane Brown. That would solve the obvious cap room issue

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I like the move for either player. I believe Albert wants to play for a contender. He isn't great, but he is an average, experienced tackle, which would be an upgrade. I'm concerned that he hasn't played a full season since 2011. There is a good chance that the time on the couch has convinced him he isn't getting his full contract value, and he might be willing to play for a little less for a contender. He would be low risk since we can cut him at any point and only pay for the games played.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":bihwfwpn said:
Maybe they will trade Jimmy to the Texans for Duane Brown. That would solve the obvious cap room issue

With 2 DL injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a straight up Michael Bennett for Duane Brown swap. Both team shore up their weakness.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Listening to Pete's presser, he just said 'we did it' when asked about working Branden out and if it's something they would do.

Not exactly sure what he meant - maybe 'we did it' = visit or 'we did it' = deal?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
LolaRox":7xan7ft3 said:
Listening to Pete's presser, he just said 'we did it' when asked about working Branden out and if it's something they would do.

Not exactly sure what he meant - maybe 'we did it' = visit or 'we did it' = deal?

In context of the question, Pete just confirmed that they had him in for a workout. Nothing about a deal.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/917532753284939776[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/917532740089606144[/tweet]

mikeak

Reaction score
Wow the guy signed a $53million contract and is sitting out with 2 years left

I really wonder how much he wants to be paid.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1qzkbba6 said:
I like the move for either player. I believe Albert wants to play for a contender. He isn't great, but he is an average, experienced tackle, which would be an upgrade. I'm concerned that he hasn't played a full season since 2011. There is a good chance that the time on the couch has convinced him he isn't getting his full contract value, and he might be willing to play for a little less for a contender. He would be low risk since we can cut him at any point and only pay for the games played.

My bro lives in Jacksonville and a Jags fan and he told me weeks ago how glad he was that they rid themselves of Albert. Everyone down there hates him and have it on good word that he's a lost cause.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
Seymour":2v5iifbd said:
Looks like he would be a perfect fit here.

Albert is coming off a 2016 campaign in which he posted a career-worst PFF grade of 42.2, which was influenced by injuries as he missed four games during the season.

so about twice as good as Rees has been... sold.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
mikeak":3m5co4qv said:
Wow the guy signed a $53million contract and is sitting out with 2 years left

I really wonder how much he wants to be paid.

Russell Okung is the highest paid LT in the game. Duane Brown is a much better player. I would think the floor is $13.25M/year

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rat":1qpxzvg9 said:
ivotuk":1qpxzvg9 said:
I don't trust him. If he signs, it better be for minimum. If he won't take that, then it's about money. He held out in Jacksonville want a new contract while he had 2 years left.

He's wishy-washy and that tells me he doesn't love the game. "I need more money, I'm retiring to take care of my business interests in Miami, I want to come back... His business interests must be floundering.

Given what has come out in recent years in regards to long-term health issues associated with professional football, a lot of players have been justifiably considering retirement despite a love of the game. I don't know if that's the case with Albert, but I'd be surprised if it didn't at least play a small role. CTE is scary stuff.

I wish he was a 26-year-old All-Pro too, but if he was, he wouldn't be available. This feels like a beggars and choosers situation to me.

I'd be happy with a 30 year old, beyond his prime, Left Tackle, if he was just dependable.

After a decade plus of playing football, and at 32 with recent injuries, I don't think he could stay on the field. And that might be the reason he "retired," the aches and pains were too much. But trying to hold out for more money? Something's rotten there.

"I need more money. "No? I'm retiring." "I need more money, can I come back?" I think the smart thing for him would be to retire. He's had a great career, made a lot of money, and if he tries to play, it will only taint his legacy.

Jville

Reaction score
So much love for offensive linemen. Here are three more due diligence work outs from last week ...... [tweet]https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/status/915996020407799808[/tweet]