Ouch.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1bd73hhb said:
Rex":1bd73hhb said:
Laloosh":1bd73hhb said:
I'm just flattered that you chose to address Seattle and Arizona fans before posting your post-game thoughts over on the Webzone, Marv. :179417: :179417: :179417:

Rams fans. Don't forget Rams fans. Never ever forget Rams fans. :141847_bnono:

They exist? ;)

Both of them are doing all they can to not let us forget them.

Alexander

Reaction score
ringless":16fmx7s0 said:
Alexander":16fmx7s0 said:
RedAlice":16fmx7s0 said:
kearly":16fmx7s0 said:
Arizona does look good. Blowouts matter, even against bad teams. But jeez, they have gotten the cream of the crap so far.

They won't play a team you'd expect to finish with a winning record until week 10 (Seattle). Other than Pittsburgh, who will be without Big Ben.

After Arizona's week 9 bye week, their schedule is really tough. Which is good because there is a high chance they'll start 8-0.

It's becoming annoying the comments about the Cards this year. Even you Kearly must admit that all info from last year is without their QB. Rams had none last year either.

The entire last year the NFC W was Kap and Wilson, and the other two teams. Now AZ has their QB and you act like they are lucky to be good.

You are like one second from me wishing you lose Wilson and then see you talk.

eta: not that my wishes matter. I've just never wished or thought about wishing injury on anyone before. Your arrogance is annoying.

This is totally off base. All info from last year is without their QB? They played most of their season WITH Palmer, and every metric under the sun said they were weren't nearly as good as their record. When they won games last year, it was always close, even against not-so-great teams, and they seemed to have a preternatural ability to get good teams on an off week. Didn't they play Dallas last year without Romo? Now they get Pittsburgh without Big Ben.

This year they're actually blowing teams out, so they may finally be legit. I think you see many of the posters here acknowledging that. There isn't nearly the same degree of skepticism towards the Cardinals this year as there was last year. Some skepticism, sure, but I think that's warranted after only three games. I don't understand why that annoys you so much.

Palmer was 6-0 as a starter last year. Playing in 6 games of 16. That is not most games. Not even half

I stand corrected. I thought he'd played half or slightly more than half of the games. My point still stands. Last I checked, 6 is still greater than zero. (Of course, that comment wasn't directed at you.)

kearly

Reaction score
ringless":rhi3b974 said:
I guess I would like to add a few things about the DVOA etc. This is more towards Kearly

Are the Rams a good team or a bad team? After this week the Cardinals and Seahawks would have had two games in common and Seattle is playing a bad Detroit Team which I'd say you could put in line with our home opener against the Saints to make that a fair comparison. Which means 3 games against weak teams.

You count the Bears game as playing against their backup QB. But we were already up 28-14 when Cutler went out. The Cardinals were always in control during that game. I don't think Cutler was going to come back from down by 14 at that point anyways.

The Seahawks have also gotten to face teams with their share of injuries.
They got to face a Bears team missing their starting QB for the whole game. Not just a half and at home! Missing their top two WR/s to boot.

They got to play a GB team missing half of their team and still couldn't get the job done. Missing their top 2 playmakers on offense. An important lineman and LB.

They got to play STL without their top two RB's which many consider their top threats on offense.

You guys get to play Dallas without Dez and Romo. Again why does it only count when AZ plays a team with a backup and not Seattle?

Why does it only count when Arizona plays the bears for a half without their QB but when the Seahawks play teams that have had severe injuries it doesnt?

It's not like the games have been close. Arizona hasn't trailed this season, and all of their wins have been dominating wins in all phases of the game and I think that should matter. I did see that it was written on the site themselves that Arizona despite having mediocre performances has always outperformed their expectations and they say that is a result of Arians coaching. I think that has to be taken into account as well. If we win this week they rhetoric will be the Rams are a bad team that only show up for the Seahawks. This year again, the third season in a row they were suppose to revert back to mean and that hasn't happened. No matter what DVOA says, you can look at the stats and PPG and see there was a huge drop off in Yards, PPG, and TOP from Palmer to the backups

I've said all along I think Arizona is still the second best team in the division in saying all of that.

One thing I find interesting about DVOA last year is it says that there wasn't a significant drop off. But boy there sure was in points. We scored 10.6 more points per game I believe with Carson than without. That seems like a significant drop off even if DVOA doesnt reflect it. But if we are talking about this year DVOA is saying this is the 2nd best team since 1989 next to only the 07 Patriots. Again, I think it is a useful tool. But it is not without it's issues

I think Seattle would be 3-0 right now with the schedule Arizona opened with and it's very likely that the Kam holdout would have ended without damage.

It really freaking sucks that our SS is a moron and probably cost us a win vs. the Rams with his pointless holdout. The Bears game was a layup, but Seattle is 0-3 at St. Louis at 10am under Wilson, and Rodgers almost never loses at home (a couple of backbreaking mistakes by the officials didn't help matters). I was fearful of an 0-2 start before the season began. And talk about the worst way to open up a season with an OL figuring things out.

Seattle will face Big Ben coming off a bye, Arizona will face Mike Vick in a 10am game they'd almost certainly lose otherwise. It's a fair point about Romo.

There was a significant team dropoff after Palmer last year, just not a massive one. Again, you can't just factor offense, Defense and special teams go into the formula as well. Even if the offense tanks, it accounts for less than half of a team's overall performance.

That said, I didn't factor that Palmer missed several games in the first month+ of the season, so it weakens the pre-IR post-IR comparison substantially.

Palmer is a difference maker, but I think his success has been overplayed.

I look at Palmer's games the last two seasons and his most impressive win was against the Eagles at Arizona. A game in which the Eagles outgained Arizona by 121 yards in their own back yard, won time of possession, and narrowly missed several chances to win the game in the 4th quarter.

I do think blowouts matter and Arizona does look good so far this season. But at the same time, is Thomas Rawls a great RB because he just rushed for 104 yards on 16 carries against the Bears? Awesome performances against really bad teams should be taken with a grain of salt. It's the same thing with the Cardinals blowing out really bad teams. Are they a team that is designed to run up the score on crappy teams or are they a team that's built to win fist fights against Super Bowl contenders? For Arizona to win the division, they'll have to do more than just beat up crappy teams.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
byau":24y4zoxq said:
byau":24y4zoxq said:
Marvin49":24y4zoxq said:
I'll get this over early. ;-)

Gratz Ringless and all Cards fans here.

That was gruesome. No excuses. This is not to take blame away from him as Kap played poorly for sure but the offensive line is the worst in the NFL. They can't run block. They can't pass block. Basically, they can't block. I said before that I thought the 49ers had a chance to be decent. The last two losses of the offseason absolutely killed them. Anthony Davis on the right side of the line and Aldon Smith to apply some kind of pressure without blitzing.

If something doesn't change there quickly week 1 may be the only win they get this year.

Gratz to the Cards on a 3-0 start and what looks like a 2 game lead on the entire division.

Yeah that was a tough one for you 49ers folks.

I want to add to this though that you were playing the Cardinals. They are looking real legit this season.

While last season they went, what, 9-0 for the first 9 games, the talking heads and articles seemed to be slightly surprised by it (I didn't watch any of those games so I'm just basing that on what I heard from national sports radio)

The fact that this year they are doing it again and in dominating fashion, definitely looks legit. In fact, hard to not want to put odds on them to win the NFC West.

Anyway, just sayin' sure unfortunately it was an ugly game your 49ers had, I'm sure a lot of that was the dominating and championship play by the Cardinals too.

btw, just out of curiosity just looked it up. Impressive stats to back it up:

Total Points:
Cardinals #1: 126
Patriots #2: 119
(no other team above 100)

Total Points Allowed:
Packers #1: 40
Jets #2: 41
Panthers #3: 48
Broncos/Cardinals #4: 49

Total Differential
Cardinals #1: 77
Patriots #2: 49
Bills #3: 32
(no one else above 30)

How is green bay at 40? They gave up 28 last night.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":2vx78rnb said:
I'll get this over early. ;-)

Gratz Ringless and all Cards fans here.

That was gruesome. No excuses. This is not to take blame away from him as Kap played poorly for sure but the offensive line is the worst in the NFL. They can't run block. They can't pass block. Basically, they can't block. I said before that I thought the 49ers had a chance to be decent. The last two losses of the offseason absolutely killed them. Anthony Davis on the right side of the line and Aldon Smith to apply some kind of pressure without blitzing.

If something doesn't change there quickly week 1 may be the only win they get this year.

Gratz to the Cards on a 3-0 start and what looks like a 2 game lead on the entire division.

This is why I think it would be good to watch a game with you over a beer in a neutral location. Classy attitude and lots of wisdom in your posts. I think the person is most likely the same way. Thank you for the post...and it validates my post in the shack about who I would like to watch a game with. Cool dude in my book. :thirishdrinkers: