Our defense lost this game for us.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
morgulon1":ef0rdlrh said:
HawaiiD":ef0rdlrh said:
Dam I miss Brandon Browner. He looked great yesterday. How could we let him go? Sherman has regressed this year Imo

I miss Browner as well. He also brought a mental toughness and nastiness to our d.

I miss Browner too...and McDonald's interior pressure...and Thurmond as the nickel...and Red stuffing the run...And Clemons, etc. A shame we couldn't have kept at least one of them.

Also, do we still run the same press coverage as much as before or has the new holding rule precluded much of our aggressiveness? Seems like teams are also finding more and more open underneath routes with our current scheme.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Smellyman":3lv74cmu said:
Malcom almost one the game twice for the hawks. Stop on 3rd and goal and stop on 3rd in the endzone almost intercepting it.

Earl and Malcolm came to play
very true!

peppersjap

Reaction score
HawaiiD":1kl9p90h said:
Dam I miss Brandon Browner. He looked great yesterday. How could we let him go? Sherman has regressed this year Imo
How did Browner look good yesterday? At one point they showed a stat where he had been thrown at 5 times for 5 completions! Doesn't sound very good to me.

peppersjap

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":lnwpybbk said:
morgulon1":lnwpybbk said:
HawaiiD":lnwpybbk said:

I miss Browner as well. He also brought a mental toughness and nastiness to our d.

I miss Browner too...and McDonald's interior pressure...and Thurmond as the nickel...and Red stuffing the run...And Clemons, etc. A shame we couldn't have kept at least one of them.

Also, do we still run the same press coverage as much as before or has the new holding rule precluded much of our aggressiveness? Seems like teams are also finding more and more open underneath routes with our current scheme.
It would be so nice if this was baseball and we had unlimited money to spend but this is the NFL with a salary cap. I agree that I also miss Thurmond but since he is on IR thus not playing find it hard to criticize for letting him go, actually looks like a good move. A far as Clem and Red, are they putting up gig numbers this year worth what we would have had to paid to keep them? Again, I will say that Browner hits very hard but he has looked like crap. he was completely abused in the game Sunday night. Every pass thrown in his direction was completed. As far as Sherman regressing, are you watching the same games as I am. he has been beat on a few slants this year like everyone is but he has seldom been beat deep, maybe once. he has probably had the best year out of all the Hawks except for Lynch and maybe Thomas. I just have to shake my head this year about the perceptions of how this year is going. Apparently when you win the Super Bowl all the other teams bow down and let you have it and you play injury free. I think i actually enjoyed the Mora team more than this year because the unrealistic expectation wasn't involved.