Paul Sewald Traded........

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who is saying they were right? The team has been average all season long. Other than the recent winning streak. They're still in the mix. I just don't think they're a playoff team, that's all.

Mix

Reaction score
10-4 since trade.

Sewald 2 saves 1 blown save since trade.

Chapow

Reaction score
10-4 since trade.

Sewald 2 saves 1 blown save since trade.

Sewald has now had 6 appearances for AZ. He's given up 0 runs in 5 out of the 6. Since his one bad outing, which was his 2nd appearance and 1st save opportunity for AZ, he's had 4 saves in a row. AZ is 4-1 in their last 5, with Sewald getting the save in each of those wins.

Meanwhile, the 2 high leverage relievers we still have left, Munoz and Brash, have been struggling. Munoz was clearly the plan to take over the closer roll, but he's now had 3 really poor outings in row including a blown save last night even though he had a 3 run lead. Brash had a blown save the previous night.

Not sure how much you follow baseball, or even the M's for that matter, but closer is kind of a critical roll. We don't have a closer anymore since we choose to trade ours away, and that has become a problem over the past several games regardless of their overall record since the trade.

Mix

Reaction score
Sewald has now had 6 appearances for AZ. He's given up 0 runs in 5 out of the 6. Since his one bad outing, which was his 2nd appearance and 1st save opportunity for AZ, he's had 4 saves in a row. AZ is 4-1 in their last 5, with Sewald getting the save in each of those wins.

Meanwhile, the 2 high leverage relievers we still have left, Munoz and Brash, have been struggling. Munoz was clearly the plan to take over the closer roll, but he's now had 3 really poor outings in row including a blown save last night even though he had a 3 run lead. Brash had a blown save the previous night.

Not sure how much you follow baseball, or even the M's for that matter, but closer is kind of a critical roll. We don't have a closer anymore since we choose to trade ours away, and that has become a problem over the past several games regardless of their overall record since the trade.
Okay, never said a closer was not important. Like I said I am just stating the record, and how Sewald is doing. You are the one drawing all sorts of conclusions.

Mariners 10-4 Since Trade
Sewald 4 Saves (corrected) 1 BS since trade.

Chapow

Reaction score
Okay, never said a closer was not important. Like I said I am just stating the record, and how Sewald is doing. You are the one drawing all sorts of conclusions.

Can you give me some examples of these "all sorts of conclusions" I'm drawing?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The record since the trade is pretty irrelevant. I think when we had the win streak at 7, Candzone and Rojas were like a combined 3 for 21.

I’m fine with the trade. At the time, it made sense. The team didn’t look like it was going anywhere and Sewald was a prime trade candidate. If someone told Dipoto the M’s would immediately go on a huge run I don’t think he makes the trade.

Mix

Reaction score
Mariners 11-4 Since Trade
Sewald 4 Saves, 1 BS since trade.

Mix

Reaction score
Mariners 12-4 Since Trade.

Munoz 4 Saves 1BS Since Trade.

Brash 3 saves 1BS Since Trade.

Sewald 4 saves, 1 BS since trade.

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I’m not mad they traded Sewald as closers are a dime a dozen. The problem is they didn’t get enough in return for him.
The trade gives off the impression they did something just so the FO could check off a box on list and claim they tried to do something.

However in reality they could be in the same place or better, if they had done nothing.

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'd say the trade still stands neutral. I think Jerry had to do it though. They absolutely had to move on from Pollack and Wong.

Mix

Reaction score
Mariners 13-4 Since Trade.

Munoz 5 Saves 1BS Since Trade.

Sewald 5 saves, 1 BS since trade.

Last edited:

Mix

Reaction score
14-4 Since Trade

Munoz 5 Saves 1BS Since Trade.