Paul Sewald Traded........

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yeah, we can all agree that letting Randy go was next level stupid. All he did was win several Cy Youngs, a title etc.

Chuck Armstrongs reason for getting rid of RJ was he had a bad back.

Oops.

Real reason is the M’s ownership didn’t want to pay him. A familiar theme/trend in this teams history.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, what a lame excuse for horrible management. What you need to do is just trade away one of the best pitchers of all time. Way to go Chucky

Threedee

Reaction score
Chuck Armstrongs reason for getting rid of RJ was he had a bad back.

Oops.

Real reason is the M’s ownership didn’t want to pay him. A familiar theme/trend in this teams history.
My response to their BS penny-pinching for every bit of talent (except A-Roid, whose Texas contract was stupid) will always be Robinson Cano. They were willing to throw money at a second baseman, but, not the greatest pitcher we've ever had.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Some trades are bad in hindsight. That one was objectively bad at the time, and merely looked worse when Lowe and Veritek became established. Even Bavasi and Zduriencik never did anything that stupid. I've also never forgiven Woodpecker for not re-signing Randy.
You know what the story was? I'm sure you do, but it was for Lowe OR Veriteck.. Woody, thought he said.. AND.. what a baffoon.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OR, not going out to get one more piece when they won 116 games. Lou deserved better.
That man was Dave Justice who Lou was screaming for. If the Mariners traded for him and just sat him on the bench Seattle would have at LEAST made the World Series as he was traded to the Yankees and killed Seattle on n that series.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
He's sort of sucking it up for the Dbacks right now. He always seems to load up the bases before he gets out of trouble. Not great when it comes to a closer.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He's sort of sucking it up for the Dbacks right now. He always seems to load up the bases before he gets out of trouble. Not great when it comes to a closer.
He can be shaky at times and tends to hang his slider.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hes a guy that gives me a heart attack each time he goes in.
He’s streaky, but still a decent arm. His slider location is the key to everything. When he’s on he gets outs, but it’s rarely a 1,2,3 inning.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Last 10:
  • AZ 9-1
  • Sea 9-1
How many of those 10 Sewald factored in, I know not, but still interesting. Be funny if these two teams meet in the WS.

Mix

Reaction score
18-5 Since Trade

Munoz 7 Saves 1BS Since Trade.

Brash 3 saves 1BS Since Trade.

Sewald 7 saves, 1 BS since trade.

Currently Tied for Division lead and Tied for Second WC.

Maulbert

Reaction score
That man was Dave Justice who Lou was screaming for. If the Mariners traded for him and just sat him on the bench Seattle would have at LEAST made the World Series as he was traded to the Yankees and killed Seattle on n that series.
You've got your seasons mixed up. Justice was traded to the Yankees in 2000. He was with them the whole season in 2001. You're not wrong about it hurting the M's, though.

Threedee

Reaction score
You've got your seasons mixed up. Justice was traded to the Yankees in 2000. He was with them the whole season in 2001. You're not wrong about it hurting the M's, though.
For some reason, I always think that Ruben Sierra was on the 2001 team when he was actually on the 2002 team. I misremembered this for years until I mentioned it to my dad and he corrected me.

Mix

Reaction score
19-5 Since Trade

Munoz 7 Saves 1BS Since Trade.

Brash 3 saves 1BS Since Trade.

Sewald 7 saves, 2 BS since trade.

Currently Tied for Division lead and Tied for Second WC.

Latest posts