Status
Not open for further replies.

renofox

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ja4fryp said:
Our Man in Chicago":1ja4fryp said:
Mistashoesta":1ja4fryp said:

Edited. Thank you.

Really hope it's not for Jimmy Graham. Lane? Picks? Fine.

I guess I still need to reiterate that trading Lane DOES NOT free up any cap space this year. It only frees up future cap space. Brown is scheduled to make almost $5 million this year ($4.946471) to be exact. We have about $2 million in cap space. We could extend Graham if we want to keep him that would lower his cap value enough this year to fit Brown in under what we need. Or we could feasibly get Brown a new contract that pays him his salary for this season as a bonus (heck we could realistically give him a bit of a raise) and spread it out over the length of a new contract to get him under the cap we have. It'll be interesting to see what happens. We could have traded Lane, but I want to be clear that move in itself does not clear the space we need for Brown.

Exactly. I'm thinking they already negotiated a new contract with Brown.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Merry early X-mas, Russell Wilson. Going from abysmally pathetic at LT to injured by OK could very well win us a Super Bowl. Whatever we lost in return, I'm grateful.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/925140139852021760[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
naholmes":2xcl6aq3 said:
Spotrac already has it up with Seattle assuming just under $5M for the rest of this season. So it has to be more than just Lane, right?

Yes, I was just posting similar. Trading Lane frees up future space making a new deal with Brown the most likely, but if we are keeping Graham past this year, we could have extended him and lowered his cap hit this year as well, so there are options to get there, we just need to wait and see which they chose to use

nategreat

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could trade Lane, upgrade LT with Duane Brown, and then sign Maxwell to a cheap contract to finish up the year?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3091xznd said:
naholmes":3091xznd said:
Spotrac already has it up with Seattle assuming just under $5M for the rest of this season. So it has to be more than just Lane, right?

Yes, I was just posting similar. Trading Lane frees up future space making a new deal with Brown the most likely, but if we are keeping Graham past this year, we could have extended him and lowered his cap hit this year as well, so there are options to get there, we just need to wait and see which they chose to use
An extension, and maybe a current veteran re-structuring?

LolaRox

Reaction score
*deleted tweet*

Now that the real terms are out I removed a tweet with speculation on terms

Nog

Reaction score
It might a 3rd round + Jeremy Lane. That's the last offer of JS

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2b6s5rch said:
kidhawk":2b6s5rch said:
naholmes":2b6s5rch said:

An extension, and maybe a current veteran re-structuring?

There are plenty of possibilities. We only need about $3 million to fit him under the cap. Of course it's nice to have a bit of cushion for emergencies, but they can do it with either a new contract for Brown or an extension for Graham, or a combination of the two.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/alistaircorp/status/925141154848313344[/tweet]

Schneider is the maaaannnn

naholmes

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1zpxezh4 said:
Compensation is the key. Could be a one year rental
Brown is under contract through next season 2018.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925142174043340806[/tweet]
Seems like a lot. I hope Brown has a few good years left in his tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts