Per Ian Rapaport; Anthony Davis Retires

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":3m3ynm8i said:
Jville":3m3ynm8i said:
Commitment by management to players. It appears to allude them.

uh....how exacty?

The didn't resign a 32 year old RB, a 10 mil per year guard, or a WR who wanted out.

The other guys retired.

Willis was under contract for several more years. So was Davis. Justin had at least another year. Borlands was going into his second year.

When a guy plays well, the team commits to them long term EARLY. Kap, Navorro, Staley, Willis, Anthony Davis, and many others...all players they signed long term EARLY.

Meanwhile, what's the status on Wilsons contract? Right.

Kap? A year to year drop dead day on April 1st. You call that a year a long term commitment from management?
And how many guys has management ground into the ground to take a pay cut or else in resent years?
What about the effects of persistent tension placed on coaches and players alike?

I'm not saying that it is as bad in Santa Clara as it was during the Ken Bering years in Seattle. But, I am saying there are some serious short coming in Santa Clara that have yet to be addressed.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
We are right after all, we did it with Michael Robinson in 2011 A year after being here ee became a pro bowler FB. So don't laugh to hard.[/quote]

Was referring to the reference that players are retiring for a year so they don't have to play in SF.

Please.

Also, Robinson was released. He didn't retire.[/quote]

So you're saying it's a complete coincidence that most of the players leaving early happen to be Niners?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":323jrecd said:
Laloosh":323jrecd said:
It'll all be okay, Kaepernick has been working on his mechanics with Warner all off-season. Nothing to see here.

ahhh...lol. Don't be mean Laloosh. Its been a rough few months. :D

Me? Mean?

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

BTW - the comment about Wilson's contract status when your golden boy got bent over isn't exactly something to hang your hat on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":2awly371 said:
Marvin49":2awly371 said:
Jville":2awly371 said:

uh....how exacty?

The didn't resign a 32 year old RB, a 10 mil per year guard, or a WR who wanted out.

The other guys retired.

Willis was under contract for several more years. So was Davis. Justin had at least another year. Borlands was going into his second year.

When a guy plays well, the team commits to them long term EARLY. Kap, Navorro, Staley, Willis, Anthony Davis, and many others...all players they signed long term EARLY.

Kap? A year to year drop dead day on April 1st. You call that a year a long term commitment from management?
And how many guys has management ground into the ground to take a pay cut or else in resent years?

I'm not saying that it is as bad in Santa Clara as it was during the Biering years in Seattle. But, I am saying there are some serious short coming in Santa Clara that have yet to be addressed.

Again...Wilson contract? Niners could have let Kap play out his rookie contract too. I gave you a list of players they resigned early when they didn't need to. So sick of the high and mighty attitude.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Laloosh":y4aa60sa said:
BTW - the comment about Wilson's contract status when your golden boy got bent over isn't exactly something to hang your hat on.

258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Damnnnnnnnnnnn! The 9'ers can't catch a break.

I almost feel sorry for them..............

Almost.

In all seriousness though,I hope the guy can live a regular life without having lifelong concussion related issues.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":4und8js4 said:
We are right after all, we did it with Michael Robinson in 2011 A year after being here ee became a pro bowler FB. So don't laugh to hard.

Was referring to the reference that players are retiring for a year so they don't have to play in SF.

Please.

Also, Robinson was released. He didn't retire.[/quote]

So you're saying it's a complete coincidence that most of the players leaving early happen to be Niners?[/quote]

Yes.

Willis had problems with his feet.
Justin Smith was 35.
Both Davis and Borland had concussions and left with HUGE $$$ ahead of them. If you think they were willing to give up millions and millions of $$ because they didn't want to play for the 49ers, you are out of your mind.

Marvin49

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":24z0ngx6 said:
Laloosh":24z0ngx6 said:

258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Nice image.

Has nothing to do with the point about team commitment, but go ahead...have a ball. I get the issues with Wilson, but don't come at me with "team commitment" when at the moment it looks like Wilson may play out his rookie deal.

When Kap signed his contract all I heard here was how the team wouldn't do that to Wilson and that the team would take care of him, etc, etc. Where's that talk now?

Niners signed him long term. Kap signed a contract based on his performance. Right about now, you guys would be LOVING it if Wilson would sign that contract. Don't even bother denying it.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Ya the football team is hurting, you can't have it all.
go Giants
go Warriors

Jville

Reaction score
Weadoption":1bxuiv6o said:
go Giants
go Warriors

I hear that.

Huge year for the Warriors

Their doing it the right way!

Weadoption

Reaction score
If Curry retires I'm jumping off the Bay Bridge.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":1f5gcaa2 said:
Weadoption":1f5gcaa2 said:
go Giants
go Warriors

I hear that.

Huge year for the Warriors

Their doing it the right way!

It actually does take some of the sting off. It is a shame to hear about Kyrie Irving tho.

Weadoption

Reaction score
This 9ers offseason is something else.
Who knows, could be a blessing somehow with Davis?
Couldn't it?
na
Go Warriors.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3km3tn52 said:
Again...Wilson contract? Niners could have let Kap play out his rookie contract too. I gave you a list of players they resigned early when they didn't need to. So sick of the high and mighty attitude.

Marvin49":3km3tn52 said:
Nice image.

Has nothing to do with the point about team commitment, but go ahead...have a ball. I get the issues with Wilson, but don't come at me with "team commitment" when at the moment it looks like Wilson may play out his rookie deal.

When Kap signed his contract all I heard here was how the team wouldn't do that to Wilson and that the team would take care of him, etc, etc. Where's that talk now?

Niners signed him long term. Kap signed a contract based on his performance. Right about now, you guys would be LOVING it if Wilson would sign that contract. Don't even bother denying it.

Crack in the dam

mikeak

Reaction score
Marvin49":2mu4fixt said:
Oh...and BTW, as I understand it when the player retires, they remain "property" of the team they retired from. He can't just sit out a year and come back for another team.

This is correct

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Weadoption":3qx9gra3 said:
go Giants
go Warriors

Exactly, SF is more of a baseball/basketball town anyway. The passion from Giants and Warriors fans reminds me at times of my very own Seahawks. While the quiet crowd and empty seats in Santa Clara have been a pathetic spectacle.

Stick to what you are good at. :49ersmall:

Weadoption

Reaction score
I see what you tried to do there, it didn't work.

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":16fhqta2 said:
Jville":16fhqta2 said:

Well he hasn't retired yet, and he has stated that he wants to be here. I think that's a better status than, I willing to give back a butt load of money to leave. Something is up, and I don't think we have seen the last.

Latest posts