1. Always protect the team
2. No whining, no complaining, no excuses
3. Be early

Maybe the niners are next to copy us?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kwh0m0m said:
No. Words.

Who do you think will be the next shoe to drop?

Perhaps Vernon Davis? Then again, if Davis can just make it through this season, he will get to be a free agent in 2016.

Maybe Joe Staley? He seemed to like blocking for Frank Gore.

Boldin? Miller? Bowman? This is getting pretty ridiculous now.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2015":kxepnt68 said:
Marvin49":kxepnt68 said:
No. Words.

Who do you think will be the next shoe to drop?

Perhaps Vernon Davis? Then again, if Davis can just make it through this season, he will get to be a free agent in 2016.

Maybe Joe Staley? He seemed to like blocking for Frank Gore.

Boldin? Miller? Bowman? This is getting pretty ridiculous now.

I think Davis and Kap being the emotional people they are will be the gauge to see what is really going on, if they lose focus and discipline and we see sideline arguments and confrontations between them and other players or staff we know that there is a major disconnection. Tomsula could be gone by week 4.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think players across the league have to be looking at decisions like this and debating with themselves and loved ones on the merits of playing an extended career in the NFL. Seems odd that the 9ers have had a rash of retirements this year but I wonder how many more players are close to stepping away from the game?

Borland played all year wanting to retire before calling it quits this off-season. I think this is just a ripple of things to come.

chris98251

Reaction score
drdiags":245yh5d4 said:
I think players across the league have to be looking at decisions like this and debating with themselves and loved ones on the merits of playing an extended career in the NFL. Seems odd that the 9ers have had a rash of retirements this year but I wonder how many more players are close to stepping away from the game?

Borland played all year wanting to retire before calling it quits this off-season. I think this is just a ripple of things to come.

If we seen a fair number of YOUNG players across the league doing this of that caliber I could agree, but these are top players in a organization on the cusp of greatness just recently, it smells fishy for a reason.

Jville

Reaction score
This is absolutely Priceless!

chris98251":2too4x0u said:
Well I have to agree nobody would retire on this front office.

Tomsula, Baalke and York have it all together.

MarxBrothers
Marvin49":2too4x0u said:
No. Words.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2o5193xc said:
drdiags":2o5193xc said:

If we seen a fair number of YOUNG players across the league doing this of that caliber I could agree, but these are top players in a organization on the cusp of greatness just recently, it smells fishy for a reason.

He did have a concussion last year late in the game vs the Giants. He said he needed to rest his "brain and body". Concussion might have been more severe than advertised or he's just been paying attention to all the potential concussion risks that have come to light recently. That's what happened to Borland.

Still...in a state of shock right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":4x1lxy70 said:
chris98251":4x1lxy70 said:
drdiags":4x1lxy70 said:

He did have a concussion last year late in the game vs the Giants. He said he needed to rest his "brain and body". Concussion might have been more severe than advertised or he's just been paying attention to all the potential concussion risks that have come to light recently. That's what happened to Borland.

Tumblr ll5lkemwTd1qk5xexo1 500

Jville

Reaction score
Priceless!

chris98251":2p8wnqj3 said:
Marvin49":2p8wnqj3 said:
chris98251":2p8wnqj3 said:
drdiags":2p8wnqj3 said:

Tumblr ll5lkemwTd1qk5xexo1 500
This should be archived.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
900x900px-LL-8a545361_CGxHgThU8AAoLm2.png

hawknation2015

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":oqycxo00 said:

Wow . . . good going, Jed.

Get the city of Santa Clara to borrow hundreds of millions of dollars for a stadium you paid $0 for. Check.

Lock Whiner fans into PSLs. Check.

Allow uncertainty over Harbaugh's contract situation to fester and then run rampant. Check.

Now totally dismantle every decent competitive advantage this franchise had. Check, check, check.

:snack:

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":3njcakze said:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Trent Brown, a 7th-round draft pick, has been lining up as 1st-string RT while Anthony Davis has been out (& now retiring).
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... 5fID5s8.99

Yeah, but I think that's temporary. If I were to guess, Boone will be the starting RT and he's not currently in camp.

If I had to guess, they'll line up Boone at RT and put Brandon Thomas and Marcus Martin as the starting guards.

Boone is a natural tackle to begin with so that doesn't concern me all that much, but that makes them green as hell at guard.

Word is they are moving to a ZBS so really have no idea how this will play out.

BTW...

Anthony Davis ‏@BamDavis_ · 3h3 hours ago
I'll be back in a year or so.. I'll be 26 or 27 years old. Im taking this time to allow my Brain and Body time to heal and recoup.

Jed York ‏@JedYork · 9m9 minutes ago
@BamDavis_ wish you the best. Don't be a stranger

Anthony Davis ‏@BamDavis_ · 5m5 minutes ago
I appreciate it, Jed.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ikcw41j said:
dontbelikethat":2ikcw41j said:

Wow . . . good going, Jed.

Get the city of Santa Clara to borrow hundreds of millions of dollars for a stadium you paid $0 for. Check.

Lock Whiner fans into PSLs. Check.

Allow uncertainty over Harbaugh's contract situation to fester and then run rampant. Check.

Now totally dismantle every decent competitive advantage this franchise had. Check, check, check.

:snack:

Right, because Jed can control who RETIRES. LOL. Get that crap outta here. :D

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":18qbb2am said:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Trent Brown, a 7th-round draft pick, has been lining up as 1st-string RT while Anthony Davis has been out (& now retiring).
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... 5fID5s8.99

Brown played mostly guard at Florida, starting just six of 11 games as a senior. Powerful run blocker as a guard, but is very slow (8.23 3-cone) and regularly gets abused by counter moves and speed rushers. Good luck to the young man if he is forced to make his first starts at OT in the big boy league.