Pete Carroll needs to go

justafan

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":d3bvavn8 said:
justafan":d3bvavn8 said:
Northwest Seahawk":d3bvavn8 said:
We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. There is no doubt in my mind however there drafting has to be better. Basically all we got out of the last draft was Metcalf we had 2 first round picks they could and should have done better. I will not support that any longer. Pete you can make an argument for JS he needs to be fired if this piss poor drafting continues.

How do you know what they drafted last year? Players develop slower than people want but if you choose not to support them, Pete and John will find a way to carry on and go to the playoffs next year also.

It's not just this year JS has missed on players and more importantly left very good talent on the board over and over for like the last 4 years.

Just like every other team except we dont draft in the top 10 and blow year after year. Niners have drafted in the top 10 4 straight years,they should have better drafts than we do. But they blew their fair share. All the bottom dwellers are there year after year because nobody knows how a player will develop. 1st round picks are about 50/50. Top 10 picks arent much better. If anyone says they know how to draft for an NFL team with a better percentage they are probably just talking a lot of bull.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
justafan":3c36dk2v said:
Northwest Seahawk":3c36dk2v said:
justafan":3c36dk2v said:
Northwest Seahawk":3c36dk2v said:
We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. There is no doubt in my mind however there drafting has to be better. Basically all we got out of the last draft was Metcalf we had 2 first round picks they could and should have done better. I will not support that any longer. Pete you can make an argument for JS he needs to be fired if this piss poor drafting continues.

How do you know what they drafted last year? Players develop slower than people want but if you choose not to support them, Pete and John will find a way to carry on and go to the playoffs next year also.

It's not just this year JS has missed on players and more importantly left very good talent on the board over and over for like the last 4 years.

Just like every other team except we dont draft in the top 10 and blow year after year. Niners have drafted in the top 10 4 straight years,they should have better drafts than we do. But they blew their fair share. All the bottom dwellers are there year after year because nobody knows how a player will develop. 1st round picks are about 50/50. Top 10 picks arent much better. If anyone says they know how to draft for an NFL team with a better percentage they are probably just talking a lot of bull.

I reject your supposition.

warden

Reaction score
This post is not an opinion or an excuse. This post is just stating a fact

So far this year the Seahawks have lost 255 man games to injury

Tamerlane

Reaction score
After losing to the 4-11 Dolphins, legit competitor for worst team in football, here are some comments from the Patriots forums/blogs this afternoon. Do they sound familiar... and equally stupid?

- "I legit feel embarrassed for this team"
- "Lesson is that this team got there asses handed to them... At home, during an absolutely critical time, by one of the worst teams in the league….freaking embarrassing performance by all…"
- "Not a playoff team"
-"Screw Belichick"
- "BB got badly out-coached today"
- "Belichick and his staff were just all coaching scared the entire game"
-"Worst draft pick performance of any team"
- "The good news. GM Bill Belichick doesn’t have a 2nd Round pick to blow next April. He already got a head start and blew it on Mohammad Sanu."
- "Good thing we have a bunch of draft picks. To help replenish this old, slow and tired team. Oh, wait a minute…"
- "Hope Brady leaves"
- "Honestly. Tom ain’t so good anymore. Second best QB on the field."
- "Predictable playcalls"
- "Belichick just did his best Andy Reid impersonation saving all those time outs and bending over at the end of the first half."
- "This loss is on BB"
- "Time to rebuild. BB & Brady both might be heading out anyway. GET RID OF MCD (can’t stress this enough)."

Just a few highlights I found. :snack:

Go Pete, go Russ, go Hawks!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tamerlane":3ncbr2rb said:
After losing to the 4-11 Dolphins, legit competitor for worst team in football, here are some comments from the Patriots forums/blogs this afternoon. Do they sound familiar... and equally stupid?

- "Lesson is that this team got there asses handed to them... At home, during an absolutely critical time, by one of the worst teams in the league….freaking embarrassing performance by all…"
- "Not a playoff team"
-"Screw Belichick"
- "The good news. GM Bill Belichick doesn’t have a 2nd Round pick to blow next April. He already got a head start and blew it on Mohammad Sanu.
- "Good thing we have a bunch of draft picks. To help replenish this old, slow and tired team. Oh, wait a minute…"
- "Hope Brady leaves"
- "Belichick just did his best Andy Reid impersonation saving all those time outs and bending over at the end the the first half."
- "This loss is on BB"
- "Time to rebuild. BB & Brady both might be heading out anyway. GET RID OF MCD (can’t stress this enough)."

Strangely familiar

John63

Reaction score
Tamerlane":1vo7i2b0 said:

- "Not a playoff team"
-"Screw Belichick"
- "The good news. GM Bill Belichick doesn’t have a 2nd Round pick to blow next April. He already got a head start and blew it on Mohammad Sanu.
- "Hope Brady leaves"
- "Belichick just did his best Andy Reid impersonation saving all those time outs and bending over at the end the the first half."
- "This loss is on BB"

Ahh NE has won 3 of the last 6 SB. Like most of us the goal is the SB their fans get it.

getnasty

Reaction score
John63":14g0fico said:
Tamerlane":14g0fico said:

- "Not a playoff team"
-"Screw Belichick"
- "Hope Brady leaves"
- "This loss is on BB"

Ahh NE has won 3 of the last 6 SB. Like most us the goal is the SB their fans get it.

This is the post of the year. Thanks John

Tamerlane

Reaction score
John63":1nra1guf said:
Ahh NE has won 3 of the last 6 SB. Like most of us the goal is the SB their fans get it.

Yup. You said it. The fans are right, even when spewing their irrational, uncontrolled baby emotions as we see so much of here.

Past success is irrelevant.

Bad loss, bad coaching, fire Belichick. :lol:

John63

Reaction score
Tamerlane":38f6rxkm said:
John63":38f6rxkm said:

Yup. You said it. The fans are right, even when spewing their irrational, uncontrolled baby emotions as we see so much of here.

Past success is irrelevant.

Bad loss, bad coaching, fire Belichick. :lol:

1 the fans have the right to their opinions. No matter what. 2 we are not in the same position as NE we have not sniffed the SB in 5 years. So the comparison is not valid at all.

Tamerlane

Reaction score
John63":2x206oh6 said:
we are not in the same position as NE we have not sniffed the SB in 5 years. So the comparison is not valid at all.

Nope. These are the #1 and #2 most successful coaches of the decade. If past success doesn't matter (lol!) then currently the Patriots are 12-4 and #3 seed coming off the most embarrassing NFL loss of the season. The Seahawks tonight are precisely "sniffing" 12-4 and #3 seed if you are paying attention.

Also, the Patriots have had a much easier schedule, a bad division and not nearly the injury bug the Seahawks have. If the Seahawks lose tonight, they will have achieved much more than the Patriots.

So if the fans are right the only questions left are: should we can Belichick and Carroll right now? Or wait until after the playoffs? And should both teams clean house at QB too as some fans ask? Hmmm, these are all hard decisions.... if you are an emo armchair GM with zero conception of success in the NFL.

John63

Reaction score
Tamerlane":3bkn2qru said:
John63":3bkn2qru said:
we are not in the same position as NE we have not sniffed the SB in 5 years. So the comparison is not valid at all.

Nope. These are the #1 and #2 most successful coaches of the decade. If past success doesn't matter (lol!) then currently the Patriots are 12-4 and #3 seed coming off the most embarrassing NFL loss of the season. The Seahawks tonight are precisely "sniffing" 12-4 and #3 seed if you are paying attention.

Also, the Patriots have had a much easier schedule, a bad division and not nearly the injury bug the Seahawks have. If the Seahawks lose tonight, they will have achieved much more than the Patriots.

So if the fans are right the only questions left are: should we can Belichick and Carroll right now? Or wait until after the playoffs? And should both teams clean house at QB too as some fans ask? Hmmm, these are all hard decisions.... if you are an emo armchair GM with zero conception of success in the NFL.

Again we have not sniffed the SB in 5years and again no matter the record Fans have the right to their opinion here in the US. Dont like it nmove to Russia. You may not agree which is your right. FYI most are not asking PC to go. We are asking PC to let the offense grow.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
RCATES":mghn6i5l said:
TheLegendOfBoom":mghn6i5l said:
Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.
No they don't. With bad OL and defense they absolutely don't.

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1t3dct7g said:
RCATES":1t3dct7g said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1t3dct7g said:
Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.
No they don't. With bad OL and defense they absolutely don't.

Lol RCATES, yea this one game, forget all the the games he has won with no run game and bad defense and bad oline this one is all that counts. Forget no ELITE qb does it without some help. Brady lost today to.miami and now they are the 3red seed, guess he is not elite. RCATES with the joke post of the year.

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL I sit here and laugh at all the fire everyone that has made us successful approach, most come from people that were not here during the Behring, Flores, Erickson years, in fact I think most that make these posts would be jumping ship at the first sign of a 8 - 8 or a 5 - 11 season or worse. Dan McGwire, Stan Gelbaugh and others as your face of the Franchise.

We will make adjustments, it's harder to rebuild sometimes as a good team rather then stockpile picks and pull a Rams or a 49ers rebuild and now looking like Arizona. Lots of fortunate circumstances and luck needed, Rams over paid everywhere and brought on F.A. Vets to supplement them, now in cap hell and or heading that way.

49ers have put together a nice group, again this season is a surge and can they keep it together going forward.

We have stayed in a top tier group trying to rebuild on the fly all the while being everyone's target, not easy.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Watching the play of other teams today keeps me in the We Appreciate Your Success But It’s Time to Go Camp. Teams that play aggressive. Teams that don’t turtle up with a small lead. Teams that protect their QB with some quick plays. Teams that don’t run RPO when everyone in the stadium KNOWS the QB no longer ever runs it. Teams that extend leads.

We change coordinators but not the play calling so that doesn’t help. It’s time.

Largent80

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1u6l0029 said:
Watching the play of other teams today keeps me in the We Appreciate Your Success But It’s Time to Go Camp. .

So Go, Pete is staying...Buh-Bye

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":34mxykmh said:
LOL I sit here and laugh at all the fire everyone that has made us successful approach, most come from people that were not here during the Behring, Flores, Erickson years, in fact I think most that make these posts would be jumping ship at the first sign of a 8 - 8 or a 5 - 11 season or worse. Dan McGwire, Stan Gelbaugh and others as your face of the Franchise.

We will make adjustments, it's harder to rebuild sometimes as a good team rather then stockpile picks and pull a Rams or a 49ers rebuild and now looking like Arizona. Lots of fortunate circumstances and luck needed, Rams over paid everywhere and brought on F.A. Vets to supplement them, now in cap hell and or heading that way.

49ers have put together a nice group, again this season is a surge and can they keep it together going forward.

We have stayed in a top tier group trying to rebuild on the fly all the while being everyone's target, not easy.
This is nothing like the Behring, Flores, and Erickson years. The Seahawks will not be the Niners, Cardinals, Dolphins or what have you. Why? The Seahawks have a franchise QB. None of those teams you mentioned had a franchise QB. The Niners were trotting out Gabbert, the Cardinals had Josh Rosen and Sam Bradford starting. The teams that are really bad are without an established QB.

Carroll has done some good for us, I don't think he is a bad coach per-say. As a culture and as a big picture guy he is very good. That being said his in game coaching, and schemes are very questionable as of late. My big question is are we wasting Wilson's prime? It's becoming increasingly hard for me to say that we aren't at this juncture.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Largent80":8ct6zftf said:
JayhawkMike":8ct6zftf said:
Watching the play of other teams today keeps me in the We Appreciate Your Success But It’s Time to Go Camp. .

So Go, Pete is staying...Buh-Bye

This is why I love this forum. Instead of discussing ideas we attack other posters. Makes this place great :roll:

bandiger

Reaction score
One of the most infuriating coaches I've seen with the game on the line, the amount of mental mistakes that goes on. This is close to the SB screwup.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
bandiger":2mu7bh2r said:
One of the most infuriating coaches I've seen with the game on the line, the amount of mental mistakes that goes on. This is close to the SB screwup.
Welcome to the club!

Latest posts