Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No, I didn't like the hat

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Ffs man, what are you doing? Stop wasting my time

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lost in the shuffle of everything that happened yesterday, is something that I don't feel is getting talked about nearly enough here.

And that is, what are your thoughts on Pete Carroll's hat yesterday? What was up with the hat?

I've never seen him wear a hat, even in the rain. Heck,he doesn't even believe in wearing sunglasses when it's sunny out.

What are your thoughts on the hat? Will we see the hat again? And why was he wearing the aforementioned hat?

Attachments

• Pete-Carroll-Seahawks-Russell-Wilson-Geno-Smith-e1667239579831.jpg
    Pete-Carroll-Seahawks-Russell-Wilson-Geno-Smith-e1667239579831.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 14

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I mean.......I'm indifferent on the hat. It was pretty stormy out there and he probably didn't want a hood flopping around in his face.....I dunno. But I did notice it at the time and couldn't really remember him wearing a hat often.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He very, very rarely wears hats. Last time I can find is 2010 in another rain game.

My extremely galaxy-brained take (with nothing at all to back it up) was that Pete was planning on retiring had they missed the playoffs again, and that he'd auction the hat for his LA charity. Like I said, extremely galaxy-brained.

Somos doces

Reaction score
... What are your thoughts on the hat? Will we see the hat again? And why was he wearing the aforementioned hat?
Thoughts on the hat: I often wear a brimmed cap when spending time outdoors while rain is falling, to help keep said rain out of my eyes, so the presence of this hat on Pete Carroll's head in these conditions seems logical to me. It's a fairly understated, classy design — not very modern or trendy — which seems like something an understated, classy, not modern or trendy boomer such as Pete Carroll would select to place on his head.

As for the second and third questions, I feel like you'd be more likely to get proper answers if you were to ask Pete Carroll himself in a postgame news conference or weekly radio appearance, rather than querying random NFL fans on the internet.