Pete needs to be fired immediately

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This team has always struggled against the Rams. Mcvay is a much smarter coach that Pete.

It's a long season. This loss hurts however it should only come as a shock to those who haven't been paying attention.

All summer I've been voicing my concerns, however a few select posters/bullies on this site who are more interested in being argumentative rather than engaging in football discussion continued to disregard said concerns.

The interior middle of this D is soft. A select poster said he took exception to that, and of course was rewarded with several like and love reactions. The truth hurts. The middle of this D is still soft.

Clint Hurtt is a terrible coordinator. Always has been. Not sure why we were expecting change there.

I voiced my concern that Geno would regress. I was shot down on that. It doesn't help that both tackles got hurt, but he's a below average QB at best. Not sure why folks are so high on him.

All in all, it's a long season. But what transpired today was predictable.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
This team has always struggled against the Rams. Mcvay is a much smarter coach that Pete.

It's a long season. This loss hurts however it should only come as a shock to those who haven't been paying attention.

All summer I've been voicing my concerns, however a few select posters/bullies on this site who are more interested in being argumentative rather than engaging in football discussion continued to disregard said concerns.

The interior middle of this D is soft. A select poster said he took exception to that, and of course was rewarded with several like and love reactions. The truth hurts. The middle of this D is still soft.

Clint Hurtt is a terrible coordinator. Always has been. Not sure why we were expecting change there.

I voiced my concern that Geno would regress. I was shot down on that. It doesn't help that both tackles got hurt, but he's a below average QB at best. Not sure why folks are so high on him.

I've watched every seahawks game for 20 years and Pete is the only one that struggles against the rams. Holmgren never had too much of a problem. If it's predictable after this many years then that is all the more reason for Pete to be fired.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I've watched every seahawks game for 20 years and Pete is the only one that struggles against the rams. Holmgren never had too much of a problem. If it's predictable after this many years then that is all the more reason for Pete to be fired.
2004 we lost all 3 against the Rams. There was a stretch where we owned them, now it's swung the other way.

What's happened today is unfortunate, and seeing the team self destruct now toward the end is laughable.

Coach Carroll and his staff have done a terrible job preparing the team for this game. Not enough guys made plays when needed.

This is a poorly disciplined team running outdated schemes with below average talent. Plain and simple.

Hey it's only week 1. I'm sure you'll get the usual crowd coming in here trying to shut you down and making it borderline personal because they're incapable of engaging in football discourse, but you and I are on the same page.

Go Hawks

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

Exactly but I expected it last year. Geno is a backup for a reason and Pete needs to either be fired or steipped if power like Holmgren immediately. Personally I'd love us to have Geno be his actual level because I really am over Pete and would like to see JS be allowed to draft an actual Qot

Drew Lock is definitely not it guys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
2004 we lost all 3 against the Rams. There was a stretch where we owned them, now it's swung the other way.

What's happened today is unfortunate, and seeing the team self destruct now toward the end is laughable.

Coach Carroll and his staff have done a terrible job preparing the team for this game. Not enough guys made plays when needed.

This is a poorly disciplined team running outdated schemes with below average talent. Plain and simple.

Hey it's only week 1. I'm sure you'll get the usual crowd coming in here trying to shut you down and making it borderline personal because they're incapable of engaging in football discourse, but you and I are on the same page.

Go Hawks
I'm just snickering and hoping the current ownership and coaches get the **** out.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
God forbid we win next week at Detroit .... then we'd have to declare Pete coach of the year.

Today sucked, but let's save our broad judgements for October, at least.

How about we just play competitive and not look like total crap on defense, especially 3rd downs. Its one thing to lose to the rams but to not even look like you belong really says alot about Pete.

eo620

Reaction score
I'm not saying that Pete should be fired (at least not immediately) but this game certainly got away from him. The team got conservative late in the 2nd qtr with a 13-7 (?) lead with possession with about 1:30 left and 3 time outs. Instead of trying to move down the field and try to start to put away the game using the TO's, they opted to be cute and let the clock run.

The second half was a complete dumpster fire and by the final 5 minutes of the game, that lack of discipline with stupid personal fouls (DK!... wtf?), showed the coaching staff lost their grip on the game. Hawks were out coached in every facet of this one.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I'm saying that Seattle probably gets their asses handed to them against the Lions. The lions weren't beating GB Last yr to help Seattle, they did it to be a division Rival. They will be wanting "revenge" for beating GB and still being eliminated from the playoffs, thanks to Us.

They will want blood imo.