Pete needs to be fired immediately

LTH

Reaction score
Exactly but I expected it last year. Geno is a backup for a reason and Pete needs to either be fired or steipped if power like Holmgren immediately. Personally I'd love us to have Geno be his actual level because I really am over Pete and would like to see JS be allowed to draft an actual Qot

Drew Lock is definitely not it guys.
Omg... LMAO!!! THIS IS EPIC!!!!

hawker84

Reaction score
Exactly but I expected it last year. Geno is a backup for a reason and Pete needs to either be fired or steipped if power like Holmgren immediately. Personally I'd love us to have Geno be his actual level because I really am over Pete and would like to see JS be allowed to draft an actual Qot

Drew Lock is definitely not it guys.

Ya let's blame this train wreck on geno. Good lord this fanbase I swear.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
For me it was all about stoping a rook from sittting in the zone and guys just lookin at him and waiting for him to catch the ball
That got me really ticked off so hurtt sucks bad stuff on that point
Just not sure what the defensive gameplan was as they kept it up till it was over so what the heck does that say about everyone from pete on down
Not a good look , Plan , Adjustment or anything FWIW
Very disappointed in the (were going to be more aggressive B.S.)

xray

Reaction score
Carroll is under contract and under our skin through 2025 ; so we can save our breath and STFU . :)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Exactly. Fired after one game? Uh...........no.
Agreed. Even from a strictly pragmatic standpoint of only looking at the numbers without considering the human factors...

If he puts it together, cool, chance to be competitive.

If it really falls apart, cool, awesome draft pick.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. It's very easy to jump to conclusions after a crap sammich game. But damn........fire the guy after week 1? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
There are plenty of other teams licking their wounds after a bad open weekend, it's how you bounce back that counts.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Obviously, no one is going to fire a head coach one game into the season. All that's happening here is that people are expressing their frustrations.

Personally, I won't 'officially' start calling for Pete's head until we are eliminated from playoff contention or from the playoffs. Suffice it to say that I am extremely disappointed in the products Pete has put on this field for the past 7-8 years. That performance yesterday was completely unacceptable, and I hold the man at the top personally accountable.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm saying that Seattle probably gets their asses handed to them against the Lions. The lions weren't beating GB Last yr to help Seattle, they did it to be a division Rival. They will be wanting "revenge" for beating GB and still being eliminated from the playoffs, thanks to Us.

They will want blood imo.
Yep.

I can't imagine going into a game against an opponent and fan base that's going to be anymore motivated than the Lions will be next weekend. They have a head coach that is just as excitable as Pete but with an in-your-face personality. Their fans, who turned out in droves on the road in KC, is the only established team never to have gotten to the Super Bowl and to say that they're jacked is a gross understatement. And not only that, but they are a damn good football team that has had 10 days to prepare and will be playing in their home opener after having knocked off the defending SB champ.

I fully expect us to get our butts kicked. We'll see what Pete is made of, if he can turn this team around.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Pete's teams do tend to improve as the season goes on. If they do not, with the level of talent on this year's team, then yes, it's time to have that conversation.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
AT
Good point. It's very easy to jump to conclusions after a crap sammich game. But damn........fire the guy after week 1? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
There are plenty of other teams licking their wounds after a bad open weekend, it's how you bounce back that counts.
I'm totally happy to give another week uh oh Detroit in Detroit awesome. Please do your thing and hopefully we get Caleb and a couple other gamechangers that a coach without absolute actually knows that 2010 isn't 2023 and beyond for defense given the the new flag football rules. The only option on defense is pass rush end of discussion get off my lawn otherwise.

Just please crater for 2024/25 so we can give the new the ownership a real quick and something to turn us back into what we should be. 10 years of soft defense? When we sucked our defense was never this soft shitshow

Last edited:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
It's going to take more than one week to fix what ailed us in game #1. Detroit has been on the rise for awhile now. We're still just trying to get over the hump.
You don't make yards if your O Line get punked on every snap. You don't stop the other guys if your D Line is not threatening.
Win the LOS and you will win most games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's going to take more than one week to fix what ailed us in game #1. Detroit has been on the rise for awhile now. We're still just trying to get over the hump.
You don't make yards if your O Line get punked on every snap. You don't stop the other guys if your D Line is not threatening.
Win the LOS and you will win most games.
The problem is that it was supposed to have already been fixed.

Pete's been ignoring the trenches on both sides of the LOS for years, spending draft capital and salary on wide receivers, running backs, and safeties.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Much as I'm tired of being at best one and done in playoffs, I don't love the idea of a new regime and the YEARS of losing and rebuilding ahead. Pete's probably never going to get us much further, but a new coach, well could be MANY years before we even see another playoff game.

renofox

Reaction score
Much as I'm tired of being at best one and done in playoffs, I don't love the idea of a new regime and the YEARS of losing and rebuilding ahead. Pete's probably never going to get us much further, but a new coach, well could be MANY years before we even see another playoff game.
Do you really think it can get much worse? PC has a proven track record - 6 years of the same exact shitty defense with no sign of improvement.

With PC in charge, our chance of watching a deep playoff run is -0-. It has been -0- for the last 6+ years. Even if we hired the worst coach imaginable it would still be at least -0-, but maybe >0.

There is, at least, a small chance that a new coach could end up being a decent hire that actually makes effective use of the talent. That would be infinitely better than what we've been watching for far too long.

This team has been underperforming it's talent level for years.

Time to try something different.

hawker84

Reaction score
So, he gets a pass? He was part of the many problems yesterday. They had 3 f'ing yards in the 2nd half. How on earth does Geno not at least get some of the blame?
Of course he gets some of the blame. But you can't blame that loss solely on him . I blame that loss on the entire coaching staff.