Pete needs to be fired immediately

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I voiced my concern that Geno would regress. I was shot down on that. It doesn't help that both tackles got hurt, but he's a below average QB at best. Not sure why folks are so high on him.
Other than the complete absence of a secondary, Geno's play Sunday was what bothered me the most.

I truly hope this was a one off game for him - but I do have the comments many others have made about him folding at crunchtime/regressing/etc in the back of my head.

He just looked confused at times Sunday. IMO. And, maybe I read too much into everything - but his whole demeanor seems to have changed lately - don't know if I'm nuts or what.

Anyways I hope he picks it back up.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Other than the complete absence of a secondary, Geno's play Sunday was what bothered me the most.

I truly hope this was a one off game for him - but I do have the comments many others have made about him folding at crunchtime/regressing/etc in the back of my head.

He just looked confused at times Sunday. IMO. And, maybe I read too much into everything - but his whole demeanor seems to have changed lately - don't know if I'm nuts or what.

Anyways I hope he picks it back up.

The Secondary can't cover the receiver for long periods of time regardless of the talent level, the absence of a pass rush and a DT that can maul the line is why the defense is struggling. Been this way for years and has yet to be addressed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The overreactionary brigade is out in full force. It was one game. A horrible game. But maybe it will serve to be a big wake up call. Who knows...we may well wallop the Lions. It's the NFL.
Very true. NFL is a matchup league. Whoever wins their matchup on gamedays usually wins the game. Seahawks have not been able to match up well with the Rams. Rams don't match up well with 49ers, etc. Good thing is the Seahawks (under PC) have rebounded well from losses and play better (win) the following week. I hope that holds true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Starts up front home skillet. You can't have an all time franchise low pressure rate of less than 3% and expect your DB's to stay in coverage for 7-10 seconds a snap.

That's biblical levels of pass rush failure.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The Secondary can't cover the receiver for long periods of time regardless of the talent level, the absence of a pass rush and a DT that can maul the line is why the defense is struggling. Been this way for years and has yet to be addressed.
Point taken -

Should have regurgitated that Dre'mont's no show was also my big dissapointment for the week.

I expected beast mode out of him - and didn't see much - which goes directly to your comment about lack of pass rush.

Hope he busts out of his shell this week. He cost enough!

WarHawks

Reaction score
The Hawks were doing well in the first half. Nothing to complain about there. Its the second half that we sucked. The way I see it the coaching staff couldn't/didn't adjust, which has been a recurring issue.
However, players are at fault here also.
We certainly have the talent. So IMHO its has to come down to the whole team, coaches and players to look at what happened to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Lots of good teams underperformed yesterday and lost. Its the NFL.
The fact that preseason is now only 3 games and the starters did not play much, or at all, has an impact to some degree.

IF I was backed into a corner and had to make a decision for 1 change, I'd have to say let the DC call his own defenses. I'd like to know if its Hurtt or PC. Who is really running this D?
But to say "fire Pete" after 1 bad half of football........c'mon man.

But yeah.....that didn't just suck, it really sucked. I can't watch that happen all season without saying something has to happen. But it was only 1 half of the first game. Let it go people.
Actually, the systemic issues with this team have been happening to one degree or another for years now. DK is still a head case, coach is getting outcoached regularly, qb play is all over the place, D line is poor, etc etc. But yes, it was one half. Could it miraculously turn around and they win the sb? Keep hope alive I guess.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Starts up front home skillet. You can't have an all time franchise low pressure rate of less than 3% and expect your DB's to stay in coverage for 7-10 seconds a snap.

You're right on that - just clarified in another response -

I really hope this was just a rams-ism game and we have hope of getting on track. I'd say Back on track - but we're trackless so far ;)

I like the 'biblical levels' assessment -

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't think it being the first game of the year is any kind of excuse, other than that our rooks will need time to make the adjustment. Every other team is in that same spot.
I expected a slow start for this team with steady improvement to follow, even though I thought all sign pointed to a week one win. How fast our team improvement happens will determine where we end up in the standings at the end of the year. The Rams have been a thorn in our side forever. They always find a way to make out lives difficult, even when we have a much better team than they do. It began long before McVay arrived on the scene and continues to be that way. I do believe we need to focus more on improving our talent level on the LOS. Those are the guys who make the "skill players" as good as they can be.

Welshers2

Reaction score
You can't fire him after one game. That's crazy talk. They were bad but plenty of time to turn it around. I like to remind people that Tampa Bay lost to New Orleans 38-3 in the regular season in the year they won the super bowl. When that happened Bucs fans wanted Brady cut and the entire staff fired. Then they won it all.

Last edited:

rcaido

Reaction score
You can't fire him after one game. That's crazy talk. They were bad but plenty of time to turn it around. I like to remind people that Tampa Bay lost to New Orleans 45-0 in the regular season in the year they won the super bowl. When that happened Bucs fans wanted Brady cut and the entire staff fired. Then they won it all.

Score was 23 -34

New players new system. Seahawks had same players and supposedly added more firepower. 3yrds 2nd half is very concerning.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Score was 23 -34

New players new system. Seahawks had same players and supposedly added more firepower. 3yrds 2nd half is very concerning.
It was 38-3. So I was off by 7 points, but still a huge blowout. This was midway through the season. They went on to win the Super Bowl. Point is it's possible to turn it around.

You actually pulled the score from the first Saints vs Bucs game that season. The funny thing is the blowout was in November, which makes it all the more impressive they went and beat them in the playoffs. Anyway, my point is it's not over.

GemCity

Reaction score

It’s this. Mostly this. And has been this for several years. It will continue to be this until PC leaves as he’s consistently shown that he prefers shiny, new toys rather than foundational pieces up front on D.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think it being the first game of the year is any kind of excuse, other than that our rooks will need time to make the adjustment. Every other team is in that same spot.
I expected a slow start for this team with steady improvement to follow, even though I thought all sign pointed to a week one win. How fast our team improvement happens will determine where we end up in the standings at the end of the year. The Rams have been a thorn in our side forever. They always find a way to make out lives difficult, even when we have a much better team than they do. It began long before McVay arrived on the scene and continues to be that way. I do believe we need to focus more on improving our talent level on the LOS. Those are the guys who make the "skill players" as good as they can be.

That's the thing though, if you look at the tape and player grades? It wasn't the rookies not playing well, it was the vets and 2nd year players.

Wagner failing to get home on blitzes, the LB's in soft zone......all the D-line additions who stunk up the joint, and no one played more snaps during the pre-season than guys like Brown, Bryant and Jackson, and they were AWFUL.

Btw, you know who has even more young 1st year players than us with far less snap counts? The Rams.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
That's the thing though, if you look at the tape and player grades? It wasn't the rookies not playing well, it was the vets and 2nd year players.

Wagner failing to get home on blitzes, the LB's in soft zone......all the D-line additions who stunk up the joint, and no one played more snaps during the pre-season than guys like Brown, Bryant and Jackson, and they were AWFUL.

Btw, you know who has even more young 1st year players than us with far less snap counts? The Rams.
Jackson was supposedly having the best camp of his life but you saw how awful he was in preseason. I really dont see how he even made the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jackson was supposedly having the best camp of his life but you saw how awful he was in preseason. I really dont see how he even made the team.

Brown was even worse dude, this kind of stuff is high school garbage. You can't even stay with your own man in man coverage?

It's why Hurtt kept sending in Jackson, cause Brown was so bad. I'm over that dude, stop telling us he's back. He stinks.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Wel
You can't fire him after one game. That's crazy talk. They were bad but plenty of time to turn it around. I like to remind people that Tampa Bay lost to New Orleans 38-3 in the regular season in the year they won the super bowl. When that happened Bucs fans wanted Brady cut and the entire staff fired. Then they won it all.
Good thought, however I would guess that Tampa Bay realized their schemes needed to be adjusted moving forward which likely led to their success. Do you really see that happening here in the Seahawks case?

Fanatics

Reaction score
I thought this absurdity was put to rest last year when Pete took a team, that everyone said was going to have a retooling year, into the playoffs. Now after 1 week, we are back to this BS.

If they fire Pete, mark it down, everyone here will be sorry. Pete has been taking mid talent for years and getting better out of them.

BTW, did I mention it is only 1 week...relax