Pete needs to be fired immediately

rcaido

Reaction score
It was 38-3. So I was off by 7 points, but still a huge blowout. This was midway through the season. They went on to win the Super Bowl. Point is it's possible to turn it around.

You actually pulled the score from the first Saints vs Bucs game that season. The funny thing is the blowout was in November, which makes it all the more impressive they went and beat them in the playoffs. Anyway, my point is it's not over.

The team was 6-2 when Brady lost to the Saints. I really dont recall people wanting Brady cut right after. The Bucs had the 4th best record in the whole NFl. Second in the NFC.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Brown was even worse dude, this kind of stuff is high school garbage. You can't even stay with your own man in man coverage?

It's why Hurtt kept sending in Jackson, cause Brown was so bad. I'm over that dude, stop telling us he's back. He stinks.

This was man situation where two new players got confused on the rub route. And Tutu Atwell (who was picked right after Dee Eskridge), is really fast.

But if you look at the LB blitz, it wasn't disguised or anything. The RB saw it, and picked it up right away. It was so obvious. They need to be more creative when they do decide to bring extra pressure.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This was man situation where two new players got confused on the rub route. And Tutu Atwell (who was picked right after Dee Eskridge), is really fast.

But if you look at the LB blitz, it wasn't disguised or anything. The RB saw it, and picked it up right away. It was so obvious. They need to be more creative when they do decide to bring extra pressure.

What about this play where he couldn't even tackle the back.

Brown's just bad all the way around. Poor tackler, out of position, panics on routes. Idk what his deal is, he should be much more sound in year three than he is.

hoxrox

Reaction score
What about this play where he couldn't even tackle the back.

Brown's just bad all the way around. Poor tackler, out of position, panics on routes. Idk what his deal is, he should be much more sound in year three than he is.

Yeah not really defending Brown's play on Sunday. He's relatively inexperienced in terms of snap counts. It was a cluster all around. But starts up front with the bad pass rush.

warden

Reaction score
People were crowning him coach of the year last year for what he did with no Russell Wilson and a team in transition

One game into this year. Fire his butt

Hilarious

I like what Paul Moyer says. It is never as good as it looks and it is never as bad as it looks

billbird2111

Reaction score
He has become a worthless head coach when it comes to winning.

Horrible take. PC doesn't select the players he has been given. He doesn't have much in the way of talent to work with. He's been given the rather impossible task to somehow make a career backup QB look and play like Russell Wilson. That's not happening. I don't know who made the decision to roll with Geno Smith at QB, but I guarantee you it was not PC.

There is no running game. The defense is historically bad. The Rams are a SHELL of the team that won the Super Bowl, yet they walked onto Seattle's home turf in the opener and easily walked out with a win. In Seattle? It was impossible for opponents to win in Seattle. Not happening!

This isn't PC's doing. He's still a great coach. But, even great coaches need a good lineup of players to mold into a cohesive unit. PC no longer has them.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yeah not really defending Brown's play on Sunday. He's relatively inexperienced in terms of snap counts. It was a cluster all around. But starts up front with the bad pass rush.
Honest question, wasn't Brown universally loved and people were gakked that he was over his injury and playing again?

I've noticed a couple of Ram YouTubers that are convinced they're going to be in the Super bowl this year. I guess their fans over react too.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Honest question, wasn't Brown universally loved and people were gakked that he was over his injury and playing again?
He had a bad game but everyone in the secondary did. Still think he has potential to be good. Don't think he's Trey Flowers Kelly Jennings level yet.

I don't like Coby Bryant in the slot though. He gets beat a lot. Let's see what happens there when Spoon is playing.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
Horrible take. PC doesn't select the players he has been given. He doesn't have much in the way of talent to work with. He's been given the rather impossible task to somehow make a career backup QB look and play like Russell Wilson. That's not happening. I don't know who made the decision to roll with Geno Smith at QB, but I guarantee you it was not PC.

There is no running game. The defense is historically bad. The Rams are a SHELL of the team that won the Super Bowl, yet they walked onto Seattle's home turf in the opener and easily walked out with a win. In Seattle? It was impossible for opponents to win in Seattle. Not happening!

This isn't PC's doing. He's still a great coach. But, even great coaches need a good lineup of players to mold into a cohesive unit. PC no longer has them.

Do you know for a fact that Pete doesn't select his players? Where are you getting this information. Are you saying that we won the superbowl in spite of pete because someone else selected the players and the players coached themselves to victory while pete took all the credit?

irfuben32

Reaction score
He had a bad game but everyone in the secondary did. Still think he has potential to be good. Don't think he's Trey Flowers Kelly Jennings level yet.

I don't like Coby Bryant in the slot though. He gets beat a lot. Let's see what happens there when Spoon is playing.

Brown was missing tackles all preseason

mistaowen

Reaction score
I'm just at the point where it may be time for a different think tank. The only coaches tenured like this are Belichick and Tomlin and I'd imagine Steelers fans are starting to hit this point too. Belichick winning 6 SB's gives him a leash into retirement. Last season was for sure a soft reset and they outperformed to start the year but since Germany they are 3-7 and haven't been the enforcers Pete wants to be in 5+ years. The team will be competitive, I doubt under PC they ever have a 3-4 win season, all the pre-season hype was there, but it feels like they're just good enough to squeak into the playoffs but also lose to anyone. And not in the 'duh it's the NFL' way but every week I wouldn't be shocked if they look like they did on Sunday. 'They wanted it more' should never be a phrase spoken by players in week 1 at home.

The coaching staff, especially on defense, has not been good enough for awhile and the unit continues to be one of the worst in the NFL. Cowboys have more talent but just look what DQ did with them, there hasn't been a game changing DC here since he left. No other teams have remotely come looking to poach the staff. KNJ went back to college to be a LB coach, no team would look at the Seahawks DL since Hurtt came and want his involvement. Shouldn't that be a giant red flag that no teams are ever interested? And these are all Pete's guys. Constant schematic mistakes, missed tackles, wide open receivers for 8 yards a catch on the same concepts that have killed this team forever, zero pass rush, bend but don't break that is a league leader in giving up big plays. How has none of this been fixed, or even improved?

The same second half offense turtling happened again (yes OTs going out sucks) and there should be ZERO excuse for that, given how much talent they have. There was absolutely nothing different on Sunday from what we've been forced to sit through for ~ 5 years. I can't recall the last game everyone collectively thought 'wow, what a well designed game plan by Seattle's coaching staff'. Second half adjustments are an even bigger problem. Lions have a top 3 OL, a scorching missile of a head coach that has everyone in their locker room buying in, a young innovative OC that will probably be a HC next year, and a drastically improved defense that Dan Campbell knew wasn't good enough last year so he made sweeping changes. Meanwhile a quarter of the Seahawks cap is on safeties who make almost no impact.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score

As far as I know, Pete Carroll still holds the trump card over anything anyone else in the organization wants to do, including the GM. He insisted on that authority when he took the job back in 2010, and I have never seen or heard anything that would indicate that this relationship has changed. If someone has information to the contrary, let them come forward and present it.

Make no mistake, this is Pete's team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete wins enough to keep people interested. I think that's what the owners want.

Last year was supposed to be a nightmare, but it was a bit of a treat. Especially with the prospect of a great new secondary blossoming.

Pete is still pretty good at motivating players and developing raw talent. He is still pretty terrible at filling holes and hiring assistants (DC, OC, etc).

So his teams will usually have someone that teases future greatness, even if they never reach it. And his teams will usually have some fatal flaw that holds them back. Both seem to come as a package deal as long as you have Carroll.

And, it's different than having someone like Hackett as your coach. When you have Carroll you always have hope that things will turn out, even if they rarely do. Weirdly, you have low expectations (because of Carroll's recent track records) and then hope for better as his teams flash something more.

For an owner, that's pretty good. For fan bases, it could be much worse. The chance of being in the top 20% of teams is low anyway. As is the chance of getting a top 20% coach. So why not a top 60% guy that teases top 20% regularly?

Firing Pete is something they will do if there is literally no other option. Very unlikely, even with a 4 win year.

Last edited:

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
This team has always struggled against the Rams. Mcvay is a much smarter coach that Pete.

It's a long season. This loss hurts however it should only come as a shock to those who haven't been paying attention.

All summer I've been voicing my concerns, however a few select posters/bullies on this site who are more interested in being argumentative rather than engaging in football discussion continued to disregard said concerns.

The interior middle of this D is soft. A select poster said he took exception to that, and of course was rewarded with several like and love reactions. The truth hurts. The middle of this D is still soft.

Clint Hurtt is a terrible coordinator. Always has been. Not sure why we were expecting change there.

I voiced my concern that Geno would regress. I was shot down on that. It doesn't help that both tackles got hurt, but he's a below average QB at best. Not sure why folks are so high on him.

All in all, it's a long season. But what transpired today was predictable.

I agree and have felt the same. I didn't see the reason for so much Homer optimism. We are all hopeful each year, but I prefer to balance that with realistic expectations and an honest evaluation of our players and staff. No faith in our D coordinator, average at best. And geno Smith is a career backup for a reason. We'd all love a Cinderella story, but his career speaks for itself imo. We didn't do enough to get better in the offseason and week 1 was no surprise to me. It's a long season, true. But this team will never win a SB with Geno at the helm. He simply isn't good enough. Not without a smothering D and league leading ground game imo. Hes not the type of QB to carry a team to the promised land. Hes the type of QB that could play well enough to not lose if the rest of the team can carry them there. I'll be happy to come back and eat my crow if they should prove me incorrect 🤔

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
One thing is for sure: a W1 loss by two scores, definitely eliminates us from the college football playoff.

The NFL playoffs are another matter entirely.

Chill
True statement. But would it really matter anyway? This team is not nearly talented enough to contend for a title. Is barely making the playoffs (or even solidly making them) and losing in round one really any better than an 8-8 season? In the grand scheme of things it's not imo. I'm not a doom and gloomer, but I'm not sitting here expecting Seattle to do anything significant. Maybe play spoiler or something. If we could mess with the whiners and cost them seeding or even a playoff spot that'd be a nice consolation prize 🤘

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
He shouldn’t be fired immediately. He. Should have been fired years ago. 3 playoff wins in 8 years is a massive failure and there is NO reason to think anything is going to change.

I will wait for the “if we get rid of PC we will end up hiring a string of the worst coaches in NFL history” stupid response as we don’t HAVE to hire the worst.

PC could be here another 10 years and I believe the best season might be one win in the playoffs. Maybe a 2nd a different year.

Go Hawks and Go Away PC.

Latest posts