Pete visibly irritated during Monday Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Josea16":3kckbfka said:
massari":3kckbfka said:
Does anyone know if Hue Jackson would be a good fit with this offense? He'll likely be fired by the Browns.
Interesting possibility but actually Bevell is better if Pete would just stop with his you must run bullshit against 8 man fronts for 3 quarters. Anybody could be successful if Pete leaves the offense alone. I mean from the start. Seriously last week he wants Lacy as the focal point of the offense? Wilson needs to grow a set and stand up to Pete already.

Yeah right, how many QB's do you know for a fact stand up to their coaches to that magnitude? Answer none.

Josea16

Reaction score
Anthony!":27inq8c4 said:
Josea16":27inq8c4 said:
massari":27inq8c4 said:
Does anyone know if Hue Jackson would be a good fit with this offense? He'll likely be fired by the Browns.
Interesting possibility but actually Bevell is better if Pete would just stop with his you must run bullshit against 8 man fronts for 3 quarters. Anybody could be successful if Pete leaves the offense alone. I mean from the start. Seriously last week he wants Lacy as the focal point of the offense? Wilson needs to grow a set and stand up to Pete already.

Yeah right, how many QB's do you know for a fact stand up to their coaches to that magnitude? Answer none.
Bullshit. I could name at least 50. Right from Unitas to modern like Elway and current like Ben among other compentories.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":2cw2fcip said:
Josea16":2cw2fcip said:
massari":2cw2fcip said:

Farve, Tarkenton, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Staubach, Young, Rivers, I am sure there are more past and present if I think on it more.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":3hgjkpm6 said:
Anthony!":3hgjkpm6 said:
Josea16":3hgjkpm6 said:
massari":3hgjkpm6 said:

Farve, Tarkenton, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Staubach, Young, Rivers, I am sure there are more past and present if I think on it more.
Baugh, Jorgenson and Unitas. For a start. Every last one of those guys would be 5000 yard 30/10 guys easily as would Namath and several other 1960-80 guys.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Josea16":pz1x8m56 said:
Anthony!":pz1x8m56 said:
Josea16":pz1x8m56 said:
massari":pz1x8m56 said:

Bullshit. I could name at least 50. Right from Unitas to modern like Elway and current like Ben among other compentories.

all you need to do now is prove it you saying it does not mean it is so!!

chris98251

Reaction score
All you have to do is look at why Bevell is here in the first place and not in Minny, Farve took on the Coach and Bevell, also the play calling in Green Bay with Rodgers forcing McCarthy to give up play calling.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":3aol1vx4 said:
Anthony!":3aol1vx4 said:
Josea16":3aol1vx4 said:
massari":3aol1vx4 said:

again prove it, you saying it means little, I am sure Rw talk =s with Pete all the time and tells him his opinion, like all those Qbs that have. However that is not standing up to him, and I can tell you none of those others stood up to their coach. Standing up means taking a stand which means consequences. So show me were any of them said do this or get another QB or something like that. You cant, Again I am very sure Rw has given his opinion as has most of the team I am sure, but that is a far cry from standing up and dealing with the consequences

Anthony!

Reaction score
Josea16":me0ggdaj said:
chris98251":me0ggdaj said:
Anthony!":me0ggdaj said:
Josea16":me0ggdaj said:

Baugh, Jorgenson and Unitas. For a start. Every last one of those guys would be 5000 yard 30/10 guys easily as would Namath and several other 1960-80 guys.

again proof they stood up to their HC and dealt with the consequences of their ultimatum. Not just give their opinion which I am sure Rw and most of the team has done. In fact PC just said last week they talked about things and what they should do so they are talking, but talking is not standing up to. So waiting on proof, going to be a long wait.

Josea16

Reaction score
Anthony!":np82rb0a said:
Josea16":np82rb0a said:
Anthony!":np82rb0a said:
Josea16":np82rb0a said:

Look right above and prove ME wrong. Look I love Wilson but the old rules would have killed him literally. Anthony, the game currently is flag football and Russell needs to stand up to Pete, flip him the bird and do his thing already. Ben, Erin, Matt among others like Matt did and do it ALL the time sir.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2p05ibd9 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2p05ibd9 said:
IrishNW":2p05ibd9 said:
mistaowen":2p05ibd9 said:
Belichick gave up offensive responsibilities and left it in the hands of Brady and McDaniels. He's strictly GM and defense now. I would love something similar to happen here.

Attyla had a great post about the immediate success of new blood in the NFL on offensive coaching staffs and that needing to be the kick starter this offense needs. I fully agree, a change behind the scenes would do wonders for this offense IMO. Pete needs to let offensive minds take the lead on that side of the ball. Bevell's been here for what, 7 years? OC's don't last that long unless they're content being told what to do; there's been some wrinkles but this offense needs something different. They need some fresh minds to shake things up and really elevate what this roster could be.

I would love to get an offense coordinator that would tailor this offense around Wilson's strengths. This offense could be so much better.
There's only a select offensive coordinators I feel can take Wilson to the next level.

Andy Reid: Not a coordinator but a good offensive mind.
Todd Haley: Haley is a good coordinator.
Josh McDaniels: Also good.
Kyle Shanahan: good offensive play caller even though he's a coach now.
Disagree. Russ just needs an OC that won’t neuter his natural ability, the way our current OC does. Just get out of the way.
There are three issues with our offense, these problems are named Cable, Bevell, and most of all Pete.

Quite frankly, I don't think Pete understands very much about offensive strategy. He knows what he wants from offense, that being an offense that controls the clock and limits turnovers. Unfortunately, Pete does not know how to achieve this. He wants a ball control offense, but also has a fascination with the deep ball and big plays. You cannot expect to control the clock very well if you keep calling low percentage plays. It's great when they work, but more often than not it doesn't. What keeps the clock moving the most is establishing the run game, and going with a methodical approach to the passing game. Not only can still have your big plays with that approach, but you can also dictate what the opponent does to you if you're successful.

Our offense runs contrary to that. We are, and always have been even under Jermey Bates, an offense that looks for that big knockout punch. Even with Hasselbeck, and Bates we still had the same approach to the game. In this sense Pete is a big problem when it comes to our current offensive woes.

Bevell and Cable are not innocent either. The situational playcalls, and awareness of Bevell continues to baffle me. The deep routes on third and one might be good to catch people off guard every now and then. When it continues to be a major aspect of an offensive scheme than it no longer catches people off guard and it becomes expected. Most of the time these low percentage plays lead to a three and out. Yesterday it was even more pronounced, an empty set on third and short, all of the routes were long developing, and deep. These were the kinds of plays we were calling.

The infamous super bowl play was called several times, each time it was a failure. Billicheck himself said, that is one of the only plays we run from that formation. He knew it was coming, and just like in the Superbowl, the opposing defense knew EXACTLY what play was being called. Moreover the DB's were playing far off of our receivers, and we refused to deviate from our deep routes. The Redskins defensive coordinator was essentially disrespecting our offense by sending five men on almost every play, and having his DB's play far off the LOS. He gambled on the fact that we would not deviate from our approach, and guess what? He won that gamble. The approach the Redskins was exploitable, but we still continued to bang our heads against the wall.

Cable's blocking scheme looks to be overly complex for a lot of our players. Our young players look lost most of the time. I see our line being confused as to which blocker they need to engage. The result is players get through our line untouched at times. To make things worse, Cable believes he can turn guys who have never played offensive line in their life into competent lineman. Our moneyball approach to the line, and Cables overall blocking scheme is hurting us. We've invested a lot of picks into the line thus far, and most of them have not even been NFL third string caliber. The Redskins fielded a bunch of guys off the street and they played at our lines level, a line that has a perennial probowler, and a damn good center. This is unacceptable --- Cable needs to be held accountable.

Gibbs zone blocking scheme was remarkable because it was easy to pick up. All he required was an athletic player, and he could have said player be productive as a lineman. It didn't take years for this to happen, it was plug and play. Even our successful lineman have taken years to pick up our scheme, and even after years of play they still looked confused at times.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Josea16":1eluogm1 said:
Anthony!":1eluogm1 said:
Josea16":1eluogm1 said:
Anthony!":1eluogm1 said:

Look right above and prove ME wrong. Look I love Wilson but the old rules would have killed him literally just like Wilson. Anothony, the game currently is flag football and Russell needs to stand up to Pete, flip him the bird and do his thing already.

I don't need to prove you wrong you need to prove your right and you have not. In fact, as I just said PC just said last week he and Rw talk about the games and stuff and he gives his opinion. Giving your opinion does not mean they will listen and is not standing up to which I doubt any of those QBs did. In fact, you can go back a game or 2 were if you listened to the miced up version of the game PC asked Rw if he thought they should go for it and Rw said yes, they did. GO back to the Playoff game against SF were Rw drew SF offsides, they talked about that during the timeout and RW said let me do this and PC said yes,, so they talk but talking is not standing up.You made a statement with no proof, typing names is not proof, show me a quote or something were a Qb told his coach I want this or else, that is standing up. I will wait some more

Anthony!

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2s1sbwsc said:
There are three issues with our offense, these problems are named Cable, Bevell, and most of all Pete.

Quite frankly, I don't think Pete understands very much about offensive strategy. He knows what he wants from offense, that being an offense that controls the clock and limits turnovers. Unfortunately, Pete does not know how to achieve this. He wants a ball control offense, but also has a fascination with the deep ball and big plays. You cannot expect to control the clock very well if you keep calling low percentage plays. It's great when they work, but more often than not it doesn't. What keeps the clock moving the most is establishing the run game, and going with a methodical approach to the passing game. Not only can still have your big plays with that approach, but you can also dictate what the opponent does to you if you're successful.

Our offense runs contrary to that. We are, and always have been even under Jermey Bates, an offense that looks for that big knockout punch. Even with Hasselbeck, and Bates we still had the same approach to the game. In this sense Pete is a big problem when it comes to our current offensive woes.

Bevell and Cable are not innocent either. The situational playcalls, and awareness of Bevell continues to baffle me. The deep routes on third and one might be good to catch people off guard every now and then. When it continues to be a major aspect of an offensive scheme than it no longer catches people off guard and it becomes expected. Most of the time these low percentage plays lead to a three and out. Yesterday it was even more pronounced, an empty set on third and short, all of the routes were long developing, and deep. These were the kinds of plays we were calling.

The infamous super bowl play was called several times, each time it was a failure. Billicheck himself said, that is one of the only plays we run from that formation. He knew it was coming, and just like in the Superbowl, the opposing defense knew EXACTLY what play was being called. Moreover the DB's were playing far off of our receivers, and we refused to deviate from our deep routes. The Redskins defensive coordinator was essentially disrespecting our offense by sending five men on almost every play, and having his DB's play far off the LOS. He gambled on the fact that we would not deviate from our approach, and guess what? He won that gamble. The approach the Redskins was exploitable, but we still continued to bang our heads against the wall.

Cable's blocking scheme looks to be overly complex for a lot of our players. Our young players look lost most of the time. I see our line being confused as to which blocker they need to engage. The result is players get through our line untouched at times. To make things worse, Cable believes he can turn guys who have never played offensive line in their life into competent lineman. Our moneyball approach to the line, and Cables overall blocking scheme is hurting us. We've invested a lot of picks into the line thus far, and most of them have not even been NFL third string caliber. The Redskins fielded a bunch of guys off the street and they played at our lines level, a line that has a perennial probowler, and a damn good center. This is unacceptable --- Cable needs to be held accountable.

Gibbs zone blocking scheme was remarkable because it was easy to pick up. All he required was an athletic player, and he could have said player be productive as a lineman. It didn't take years for this to happen, it was plug and play. Even our successful lineman have taken years to pick up our scheme, and even after years of play they still looked confused at times.

I agree with this post 100% great post, PCs need to stick to his play it close get a lead in the end and let the Defense win it combined with his BS "you can twin it in the 1st qtr, or the 2nd qtr or the 3rd qtr" is costing us. Whats worng wiht winning it in every qtr and just burying the other team?

Josea16

Reaction score
Anthony!":257i635k said:
Josea16":257i635k said:
Anthony!":257i635k said:
Josea16":257i635k said:

Look right above and prove ME wrong. Look I love Wilson but the old rules would have killed him literally just like Wilson. Anothony, the game currently is flag football and Russell needs to stand up to Pete, flip him the bird and do his thing already.

I don't need to prove you wrong you need to prove your right and you have not. In fact, as I just said PC just said last week he and Rw talk about the games and stuff and he gives his opinion. Giving your opinion does not mean they will listen and is not standing up to which I doubt any of those QBs did. In fact, you can go back a game or 2 were if you listened to the miced up version of the game PC asked Rw if he thought they should go for it and Rw said yes, they did. GO back to the Playoff game against SF were Rw drew SF offsides, they talked about that during the timeout and RW said let me do this and PC said yes,, so they talk but talking is not standing up.You made a statement with no proof, typing names is not proof, show me a quote or something were a Qb told his coach I want this or else, that is standing up. I will wait some more
Actually you should read and put thought into the post above us by Spin Doctor. I'm waiting Wilson is tier 1 but stuck in a tier 4 offense, is that clear enough for you yet? Pete purposely holds us back and I for one am done with that stupity. :rumble:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mistaowen":1vxfk94s said:
IrishNW":1vxfk94s said:
TwistedHusky":1vxfk94s said:
The team under Pete is going to be what it is.

A team that can be very good in the regular season but will struggle to be consistent offensively because he cannot evaluate coordinators well. This was a problem at USC and followed him here. He struck gold with Quinn and parlayed it into a SB but it is what it is.

He is loyal to people despite their incompetence.

So we get a team won't really be a legit SB contender, but will look good in some regular season games.

The moment you accept it, you will end up enjoying the games more.

They can still beat some good teams, and even have some fun games like the one they just had against the Texans. But Pete has a philosophy that is a liability. I honestly believe there are several coaches that would win a SB with this roster. But Pete (and his staff) is not one of them, unless somehow we find another Quinn to mask Bevell's incompetence.

Yes, he won a SB ...long ago. But those days are over.

Just imagine if Belichick had this roster....sigh

Belichick gave up offensive responsibilities and left it in the hands of Brady and McDaniels. He's strictly GM and defense now. I would love something similar to happen here.

Attyla had a great post about the immediate success of new blood in the NFL on offensive coaching staffs and that needing to be the kick starter this offense needs. I fully agree, a change behind the scenes would do wonders for this offense IMO. Pete needs to let offensive minds take the lead on that side of the ball. Bevell's been here for what, 7 years? OC's don't last that long unless they're content being told what to do; there's been some wrinkles but this offense needs something different. They need some fresh minds to shake things up and really elevate what this roster could be.

This is so true. Pete can be pissed all he wants but this is on him not wanting to let go of complete control over his coordinators. Lot of cronyism on this team. Making Cable the Assistant HC, not firing Bevell for a possible young upstart like a Quinn and hiring his two sons on the coaching staff. Honestly, I don't think Pete was sad to see Quinn go. Guy was a bright star as coach. Also, maybe it was too soon to hire Richard as DC. Were there other teams busting down the door to hire him as a DC? Why wasn't Ken Norton promoted to DC? Was his star too bright as well?

Since the addition of free agency in 1994, what was the average life span of a HC in the NFL before and after? To me, before 1994 if you had a winning philosophy you could stick with it for a long time. After 1994, since you couldn't horde talent anymore, the coach had to consistently adjust their strategy. Pete seems more like a philosophical guy. Flexible strategy and giving freedom to your assistants is why coaches like Belichick have been in the league so long (yes I know Tom Brady but that team wins without Tom Brady too). And let's be honest,,,,,,,,,, if Seattle doesn't draft Russell Wilson, what makes 2015-2017 any different than 2011?

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":hk96vm98 said:
chris98251":hk96vm98 said:
Anthony!":hk96vm98 said:
Josea16":hk96vm98 said:

again prove it, you saying it means little, I am sure Rw talk =s with Pete all the time and tells him his opinion, like all those Qbs that have. However that is not standing up to him, and I can tell you none of those others stood up to their coach. Standing up means taking a stand which means consequences. So show me were any of them said do this or get another QB or something like that. You cant, Again I am very sure Rw has given his opinion as has most of the team I am sure, but that is a far cry from standing up and dealing with the consequences

Yeah every thing comes up roses on teams and every player always says yes sir no sir and whatever you want sir.

The history is there, hard to find a lot of vids since anything that is a tarnish on the shield of the NFL gets removed these days, But Farves arguments with Bevell and Childress, Rodgers with McCarthy, Brady with his OC, Farve with Holmgren Manning with his OC and Coach over the years. There are a lot of others. Granted a lot of it is heat of the moment stuff, but the players do challenge the Coach and the Calls made.

sc85sis

Reaction score
chris98251":tzulaozh said:
Find Norm Chow and let him run the offense his way like in USC before Pete wanted to change it and he left.
Norm’s way was the offense that went 6-6 in Pete’s first season at USC. Pete changed the offense prior to season two. This is well documented, including by Norm.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
What a bunch of knee-jerk goofy comments in this thread thread, which is typical after a loss, I guess.

I guess many have amnesia to the 3 games prior, when the offense was hitting on all cylinders.

The best fit for this offense is the current staff and it will continue to succeed. I think what Pete is considering is taking the shackles off and opening things up despite the risks.

But the Skins loss is an anomaly. We usually don't make the volume of penalties, many wiping out big plays, like we did Sunday. We also are left dazed when our defense surrenders 75 yards and a score in 40 seconds. Such a big difference with Earl back there. And of course how many times does a kicker leave 9 points off the board in one half by going 0-for-3? If that's not an NFL record, it certainly must tie it.

No. The Seahawks are real and just need to refocus and find their rhythm again. We're still going to have one of the better records in the NFC and that's due to the current makeup of the team, not some fickle pipe dream scenario that makes zero sense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That game on Sunday was a fluke, not just because I choose the positive road, there's too many things pointing to why that game was a fluke. The sky is falling crowd after each loss is at least entertaining. Wow

On another note, I get the feeling Pete is about done with Ifedi. Clearly he needs to be a Guard, he doesn't have what it takes to the a Tackle, period.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Anthony!":1eckvm3g said:
chris98251":1eckvm3g said:
Anthony!":1eckvm3g said:
Josea16":1eckvm3g said:

Prove it?

That’s fair enough, in fact it’s so fair, how about you “prove” your side of the argument.

But how bout we start a new thread, let’s let this one be about the original topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.