PFT Bennet to sign with Bears....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Unfortunate news, but we sure got max value out of that one-year deal. I hate the Bears so I'm afraid I won't wish him luck there, but I do still love the guy and thank him for his contributions here.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Crizilla":1o78sv16 said:
Dude, you can still provide groceries and goodies for your kids by staying here

Pretty sure his food comes from the "midas touch" organic store. Golden hawaiian sweet rolls are $$$.

gadgor

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1x3yhvxv said:
Crizilla":1x3yhvxv said:
Dude, you can still provide groceries and goodies for your kids by staying here

Pretty sure his food comes from the "midas touch" organic store.

You mean Whole Foods? Because I saw him at the Bellevue one.

kearly

Reaction score
Crizilla":18tvqa89 said:
cutler is bad. Only 1 playoff win. And that came against sub 500 seahawks lol. Chicago is bad. I think its kinda lame Bennett wants so much money. Dude, you can still provide groceries and goodies for your kids by staying here

That reminds me, had Cutler lost that game a 7-9 team would have hosted the NFC Championship game. What a missed opportunity, lol.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
kearly":133gmc0o said:
Crizilla":133gmc0o said:
cutler is bad. Only 1 playoff win. And that came against sub 500 seahawks lol. Chicago is bad. I think its kinda lame Bennett wants so much money. Dude, you can still provide groceries and goodies for your kids by staying here

That reminds me, had Cutler lost that game a 7-9 team would have hosted the NFC Championship game. What a missed opportunity, lol.

All we had to do was win the Super Bowl that year and we could have eked out a winning season...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Would love to get Melton on a 2yr deal. Was a top 5 DT last year, got injured this year and now a FA. Could be a huge steal if he's as good as pre-injury. Also if the Cowboys release DeMarcus Ware, I wouldn't mind a look, he's still a monster.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there or that we have on the roster currently that can bring what he brought? ie, playing inside in pass rush situations giving us that NASCAR package?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Crizilla":156l6tze said:
this, the bears have a ton of holes and Cutler isn't a championship QB.
They'll have their usual 10-6 season and like always Green Bay will come out on top in that division
kearly":156l6tze said:
That reminds me, had Cutler lost that game a 7-9 team would have hosted the NFC Championship
game. What a missed opportunity, lol.
and Green Bay would've beaten us by 20, just sayin

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I thnk we are going to have to get used to a few of our players leaving. But that does not mean the cupboard is bare. We do not know what talent may be in house or even around that could come in and make us just as good, or even better. Getting the potential out of the team is the real test. Some teams can do it, some can not.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Once a superbowl is attained, it is not surprising that players will go for ALL the money they can get as careers are short and can end at any time....good luck to all our players who choose that path, and thank you for a magical season which will live in history and made us champions!

Time to re-load and give some other hungry guys a chance to do Seattle proud....in Pete and John we trust!

plyka

Reaction score
Crizilla":3c18cewz said:

I wish Bennett all the luck in the world in his future, but i agree with this sentiment. It was an idiotic decision to give him a $20m per year contract for 5-6 years! Absolutely ludicrous. This is franchise QB money, and there are 7-8 QBs in the league I consider franchise QBs. We all saw the result with the BACKUP QB in there in Cutler's place --the bears were actually better, lol. Why not pay your backup 4m per year, and stack up at the other positions? Don't tie yourself down to Cutler until you find your truly franchise QB?

The Cutler deal really puts the Bears in a bind. They are now stuck in purgatory. They will be mediocre for years. At least when you don't have your QB, as the Hawks situation was back in the Tarvaris/Hasselbeck/Whitehurst/Flynn days, then you are SEARCHING for your QB. Every year is a year when you MAY hit Russell Wilson. But when you're paying 20m for Cutler, you no longer search for your QB, so you're stuck. Not to mention how it drags your cap down. BAd situation for the Bears.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
I'm happy Bennett will break the bank. See you next year at the Clink during the playoffs, you'll see why you made a mistake and left.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Crizilla":1nt9ib56 said:

I disagree. A man is entitled to earn as much as the market will pay for his talents, and there is nothing lame about it - he is a free American.

In Bennet's case he has yet to be paid relative to his ability, and entering the league as a UDFA had him making way less than a player of his quality should have been making. Dude has the opportunity to reflect upon his career having won a Super Bowl and cashed in on a massive payday - that's the ultimate dream. Not lame.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Crizilla":32q30eag said:
I think its kinda lame Bennett wants so much money. Dude, you can still provide groceries and goodies for your kids by staying here

Don't blame him one bit as long as he's happy with his decision (maybe he actually really does like Chicago and want to play with his brother, might not be just all about the money). He could live off and provide groceries with the money from the 1 year deal Seattle gave him for the rest of his life, but obviously he has another good opportunity to make more money and do what he wants to do, so I don't blame him one bit. Sucks for us obviously, but a difference of a million dollars+ is significant for pretty much anyone. Pretty certain he didn't grow up with a ton of wealth and was just an average dude before making it to the NFL, so I mean, when you have an opportunity, you gotta take it sometimes cause the income from the NFL does stop eventually and everything you made then is prorated throughout the rest of your life and your families life.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kobebryant":3kdeueos said:
Crizilla":3kdeueos said:

I disagree. A man is entitled to earn as much as the market will pay for his talents, and there is nothing lame about it - he is a free American.

In Bennet's case he has yet to be paid relative to his ability, and entering the league as a UDFA had him making way less than a player of his quality should have been making. Dude has the opportunity to reflect upon his career having won a Super Bowl and cashed in on a massive payday - that's the ultimate dream. Not lame.
What are you disagreeing about?

1. Bennett being a short sighted fool who's all about a payday?
2. Cutler sucking balls.

Which is it? Given both are true. You will never hear of him in Chicago unless Tressman suddenly gets a clue about defense.... not likely Either way we already have his replacement lined up no worries.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Remember when Cutler didn't even try and play in the second half of the NFC Championship Game?
He had what; a mild knee sprain? The next day, after they lost...He was spotted jogging up the stairs at the mall with his then girlfriend!
Cutler has no heart, he is not a championship caliber QB, even if the Bears are stupid enough to pay him like one.
If Bennett ends up there for a boat load of cash, good for him!
But I hope he enjoys his ring, because he won't get another one playing in Chicago!
He was just one piece of this mighty defense, they'll find another.
Go Hawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.