Pick #102, Naziar Jones, DT, North Carolina

ivotuk

Reaction score
For a DT, guy is a turnover machine! INTs! , Forced Fumbles! Tipped Passes, 1 for an INT! Blocked Passes!

Oh, yeah, Defensive Captain! A Monster!

bighawk

Reaction score
Being a Tarheel fan there defense was on the field a lot for 2 reasons either there offense scored real fast or which is good or being similar to Chip Kelly offense 3 and out so maybe some of his numbers are affected by the offense. He is a powerhouse in the middle of the line. Go hawks

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I honestly think Naziar Jones will make or break this draft in the same way that Luke Willson made the 2013 draft.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think we will be happy with this pick. Undervalued by many, tough as heck, and strong as an ox, L--O--N--G arms.

Prototypical Seahawks interior Lineman, stout agains the run. Lots to like with this pick.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3f1vv3tc said:
Damn, Seahawks are LOADING up on defense! Sick 3T depth. Is Rubin getting cut? :irishdrinkers:

I'd like to see Rubin less involved with the defense. He's definitely not a 3T so an upgrade is in order there. Hopefully, Jefferson, McDowell, and Jones provide that upgrade. Solid pressure from the middle of the line would be good.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2n5kzifs said:
Could be the steal of the draft here.

Surprised he has the lowest post count out of all the rookies.

He's my favorite pick in this draft and I liked all of them saved for Senior.

I think his upside is somewhere between Tony McDaniel and Kevin Williams-lite.

In two or so years, Seahawks starting D-line could be

McDowell
Jones
Reed
Clark

If you got these guys playing to thier utmost potential by that time, that's a dominant young group for years to come.

Love it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It is Nazair (a-i-r) Jones. Not Naziar.

Probably my adopt-a-rookie. :)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Jones was known to take plays off but that's kind of the norm at UNC right now. They have one of the worst defenses statistically and college ball. The Hawks will need to find away to keep his motor running.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3vrbpqc5 said:
Jones was known to take plays off but that's kind of the norm at UNC right now. They have one of the worst defenses statistically and college ball. The Hawks will need to find away to keep his motor running.

That's one thing that this coaching staff seems to be extremely adept at. Getting players to play at their peaks.