Finally We Picked A DT

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They're not going back to a 4-3. They may adjust, but it'll still be totally multiple in nature, just like it always has been.

They ran more 3-4 in 2020/2021 than 2022.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Mike Morris highlights....he's 299 lbs.

We know college isn't the NFL but it's a good intro of him.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
I'm slowly coming around. If he can add some weight without losing his athleticism he may turn out to be a great NT. I saw "great gap discipline" and "good 2-gapper" on several different profiles.
He 2-gaps like a boss. And he will probably end up playing closer to 320. I know everyone is hard hung up on the one little soundbite from Sherm, but I promise there will not be a wholesale switch back to the 43. Odd fronts on early downs would make sense; but Hall is an EDGE that will play most excellently from the 34, Mike Morris is gonna play 5-tech and 2-gap at around 290 lbs, and Young obviously is will be the beast in the middle.

The "wholesale switch back to a 43" narrative truly makes no sense to me, but I keep seeing it. This D is going to be multiple and hybridized.

renofox

Reaction score
...The "wholesale switch back to a 43" narrative truly makes no sense to me, but I keep seeing it. This D is going to be multiple and hybridized.
This is exactly what I am thinking, also.

They've shifted so far away from 3-4 prototypes with some of their DL personnel selections that it leads me to believe PC is revamping the defense and adding in multiple defensive fronts that they didn't use last season.