Pierre Desir

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2gxpkgvu said:
Seymour":2gxpkgvu said:
themunn":2gxpkgvu said:
Seymour":2gxpkgvu said:
If the Seahawks really wanted him they could have had him as he wasn't picked until 127 (4th round). He has below average speed, can get beat deep, and in fact he is slower than some of our linebackers. I don't see him as an answer, possibly depth.

9 of the 11 players who started on our superbowl winning defense were picked in the 4th round or later. Just because we didn't pick him doesn't mean we didn't want him.

I realize that, yes they wanted him. I said if the REALLY wanted him, like they knew he was some kind of special.

Also I do not believe that is true. Avril 3rd round , Wagner 2nd round , Thomas 1st round. Just off the top of my head.
Avril wasn't a starter...so you would be incorrect

Of course he was, so you would be incorrect.

Also, Bruce Irvin 1st round, Brandon Mebane 3rd round. Need I go on?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2014_roster.htm

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Decent size, average speed, got to know our scheme while on the PS. 6 teams were interested in him after the season so there's definitely something there. He'll be given every opportunity in camp to compete for the starting job so we'll see.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Largent80":17uzzemu said:
Im sorry but I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about this guy. There are a lot of good DBs available in the draft and it would be great to nab one or more of them.

That's the thing though. Just because they are good in college, doesn't mean they can learn the Hawks kick step technique. I inferred from the article that desir is learning it well. Plus the "work ethic" part also excites me.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would say, it takes a lot more than a friggin kick step to cover WR's in the NFL.

Let's get a Beiber Backfield.

[youtube]Ov4oYCfQV3s[/youtube]

London12

Reaction score
These feel good articles come out every year. Pardon my cynicism but I bet Pete does view DB/CB as high priority needs in the draft.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
You know it's the dog days of the off-season when someone references Bieber...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shead needs to bring it next year. I might be in the minority, but he got beat a LOT last year. And that stupid finger wag :roll:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1vzgpiic said:
Shead needs to bring it next year. I might be in the minority, but he got beat a LOT last year. And that stupid finger wag :roll:

Shead and Lane both underachieved in a big way. Once Earl went down that was the final nail in the coffin.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Seymour":3k5qrk22 said:
Hawkfan77":3k5qrk22 said:
Seymour":3k5qrk22 said:
themunn":3k5qrk22 said:
9 of the 11 players who started on our superbowl winning defense were picked in the 4th round or later. Just because we didn't pick him doesn't mean we didn't want him.

I realize that, yes they wanted him. I said if the REALLY wanted him, like they knew he was some kind of special.

Also I do not believe that is true. Avril 3rd round , Wagner 2nd round , Thomas 1st round. Just off the top of my head.
Avril wasn't a starter...so you would be incorrect

Of course he was, so you would be incorrect.

Also, Bruce Irvin 1st round, Brandon Mebane 3rd round. Need I go on?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2014_roster.htm

The 2014 team lost Super Bowl 49.

The 2013 team won Super Bowl 48. Red Bryant was the starter for the season opposite Clemons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2013_roster.htm

Seymour

Reaction score
JGreen79":28t0rmtl said:
The 2014 team lost Super Bowl 49.

The 2013 team won Super Bowl 48. Red Bryant was the starter for the season opposite Clemons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2013_roster.htm

Obviously it was the 2013 roster. He said only 2 on D that were in the top 3 rounds and I disagreed. Either way it is incorrect, that was the SB roster I posted, it showed as 2014 because that was when it was played. Even using that roster. Mebane, Irvin, Thomas, and Wagner makes 4 players on d drafted in first 3 rounds.

Lithium

Reaction score
Meh....Ill be excited when he actually does something.