Players You Doubted That Surprised You

sc85sis

Reaction score
Escamillo":23k06je6 said:
WilsonMVP":23k06je6 said:
What about his superbowl catch where he broke through 4 dbs and scored. If the game had been close that might of been a top 10 ALL TIME superbowl TD it was that amazing.

jermaine-kearse-touchdown-catch-b.gif

"That's one of the best plays I've ever seen in a Super Bowl" - Ed McCaffery, Denver Broncos radio color commentator on Kearse's SB TD right after the play.
He's a Pinball Wizard!

kearly

Reaction score
Regarding Sherman, IIRC he had the lowest scouting grade (NFL.com) of any pick Seattle has made in years. NOBODY outside of PC/JS thought he was going to do anything in the NFL, not even his college coach, Jim Harbaugh.

But when he stepped on the field for the first time, as a starter (Cleveland in 2011), you could see right away that there was something to him.

The next week he called out AJ Green, and then shut down Green in the game. The pick he got on Green was a pick no other corner in the league could have made. I still remember how shocking that play was. It was a perfect pass from Dalton. But Sherman just went up and plucked it against one of the best WRs in the league.

The week after that he had that awesome hit to force a fumble against Dallas at the goal line. It was clear in just three games that Sherman was a born superstar.

Of course, Seattle lost all three of those games and fell to 2-6, so almost nobody noticed. But Sherman was a fantastic player from day one. A lot of us didn't even have a chance to be wrong about him because he was so awesome so quickly.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
sc85sis":2ss3htps said:
Escamillo":2ss3htps said:
WilsonMVP":2ss3htps said:
What about his superbowl catch where he broke through 4 dbs and scored. If the game had been close that might of been a top 10 ALL TIME superbowl TD it was that amazing.

jermaine-kearse-touchdown-catch-b.gif

"That's one of the best plays I've ever seen in a Super Bowl" - Ed McCaffery, Denver Broncos radio color commentator on Kearse's SB TD right after the play.
He's a Pinball Wizard!

That was the best play. And then Baldwin's td was amazing. And Percys return was amazing. Kam' s big hit and later but was amazing . And the ends play all day pushing manning was amazing. The whole goddamn thing, it was all amazing.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kearly":340ka9vr said:
Regarding Sherman, IIRC he had the lowest scouting grade (NFL.com) of any pick Seattle has made in years. NOBODY outside of PC/JS thought he was going to do anything in the NFL, not even his college coach, Jim Harbaugh.

But when he stepped on the field for the first time, as a starter (Cleveland in 2011), you could see right away that there was something to him.

The next week he called out AJ Green, and then shut down Green in the game. The pick he got on Green was a pick no other corner in the league could have made. I still remember how shocking that play was. It was a perfect pass from Dalton. But Sherman just went up and plucked it against one of the best WRs in the league.

The week after that he had that awesome hit to force a fumble against Dallas at the goal line. It was clear in just three games that Sherman was a born superstar.

Of course, Seattle lost all three of those games and fell to 2-6, so almost nobody noticed. But Sherman was a fantastic player from day one. A lot of us didn't even have a chance to be wrong about him because he was so awesome so quickly.

I told every body I knew Sherman was going to be real good once I saw him step on the field. Something about the way he played just stood out to me

seabowl

Reaction score
For me it was Bosworth. I thought he would transform our D for the next 10 years. He actually was pretty damn good but the shoulders gave out.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It ain't easy being... Sweezy. It wasn't his fault I doubted him though. Like many, I just wanted one of those born-to-be-a-guard guys for a while. A conversion project, no matter how athletic, was a disappointing turn of events. But after 2 years, as far as projects go, I'm pleasantly surprised.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
BASF":1tskoc16 said:
WilsonMVP":1tskoc16 said:
What about his superbowl catch where he broke through 4 dbs and scored

You are short changing Kearse here. He actually broke the tackle of two dbs and two linebackers (including Danny Trevathan who prior to the Super Bowl told NFL Network that he was going to use the game to make himself a household name) Which of course made me laugh my ass off when he allowed Kearse to slip through his fingers.

In regards to the topic, I have to admit that my biggest doubt was Marshawn Lynch when we traded for him. The fact is that he didn't seem to be giving full effort in Buffalo and that we were wasting our time. Career renaissance is not a strong enough expression. It is nothing short of amazing what Lynch has accomplished since coming to Seattle.

I thought the Lynch trade was expensive and a bad idea.

At the end of the season after the trade I no longer have had strong opinions about personnel moves, because the guy was a primary catalyst for this team becoming what it is and I thought a pick was being thrown away on a malcontent underachiever.