Plays that impressed

StoneCold

Reaction score
There were many in this game. Thought it would be fun to make a list.

Not saying this one was the most impressive, but at the time it really stood out.

Griffin chasing down Mccaffrey from behind. When he launched through the gaping hole, (what was that about? Great blocking or missed run fit?) I was sure he was going to score. Griffin showed some speed and hustle. I liked.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Gotta go with the 4th and 3 TD.

Mic. Drop.

kidhawk

Reaction score
All good choices....gotta add the deep pass to Locket to set up the game winning field goal. That was a thing of beauty

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The goal-line stop on 4th down. Wish we could see more of that kind of Defense.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think the 2 stats that impressed me the most:

Defense only giving up only 3 TDs, 2 FGs in 7 redzone trips for the Panthers.

Going 0-6 (5)? on Fumble Recoveries in the game, yet still ending up +1 in TO differential. Had the Panthers lost at least 2 of those fumbles especially the McCaffrey ones and Seahawks capitalize they would have dialed it back a little more and played way more tentatively, imo.

enamel

Reaction score
The throw to Madden that got him to the one yard line.

kidhawk

Reaction score
enamel":1km5l0xc said:
The throw to Madden that got him to the one yard line.

When he took that hit at the goal line, I literally cringed and groaned all at once. That looked brutal

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
StoneCold":17dwdt4u said:
There were many in this game. Thought it would be fun to make a list.

Not saying this one was the most impressive, but at the time it really stood out.

Griffin chasing down Mccaffrey from behind. When he launched through the gaping hole, (what was that about? Great blocking or missed run fit?) I was sure he was going to score. Griffin showed some speed and hustle. I liked.

This was Jeremy Lane like back on our SB run. I was looking at a memory just then......

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Trey Flowers tackle that setup the missed field goal.

After that tackle the announcer gave us a Ron Fairly Obvious moment. "If Flowers doesn't make that tackle they pick up more yardage." It was a huge play. Likely made the difference, but silly to point that if you don't tackle someone...

Lots of great plays in this game. Reading through it is like watching a highlight reel in my head.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1sawht4o said:
The goal-line stop on 4th down. Wish we could see more of that kind of Defense.

This. Naz knifing through the line and making the stop was a huge momentum swing early in the game when it could have gotten away from us.

Good to see him playing well now, we need someone on that line to rise up down the stretch.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":17jo2er7 said:
I think the 2 stats that impressed me the most:

Defense only giving up only 3 TDs, 2 FGs in 7 redzone trips for the Panthers.

Going 0-6 (5)? on Fumble Recoveries in the game, yet still ending up +1 in TO differential. Had the Panthers lost at least 2 of those fumbles especially the McCaffrey ones and Seahawks capitalize they would have dialed it back a little more and played way more tentatively, imo.
Agree 100% ^ and to all the other great plays that were made by the Seahawks.
AND, if anyone is confused about why the big celebration in the locker room, they only have to re-watch this game in it's entirety to see why Pete was so ecstatic, and leading the cheers in there....His boys came through with flying colors.
PLUS, and I can't let it go unsaid, the OFFICIATING was EXCELLENT, with the calls going BOTH ways.
Seahawks Coaching AND Players made very good in game adjustments......Enough to win.
Cam Newton played lights out in the first half, with an almost perfect QBR....McCaffery too was killing it, the Seahawks Defense had their work cut out for them just to keep the scoring close, the Panther Fans are still complaining?, like what, their team wasn't giving it their all to win this game?
All & all, this was one of the better games I've seen in a long, looooooong time.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1o58ivht said:
All good choices....gotta add the deep pass to Locket to set up the game winning field goal. That was a thing of beauty

Off topic a bit, but just once I'd like to see Wilson hit Lockett or Baldwin in stride deep. Seems that are always waiting on the ball.

Just sayin.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
DynoHawk":mf8g50ly said:
kidhawk":mf8g50ly said:

Off topic a bit, but just once I'd like to see Wilson hit Lockett or Baldwin in stride deep. Seems that are always waiting on the ball.

Just sayin.

If not for your avatar I'd report you for OT posting...and the fact that I agree with this. As much as I love RW's balls, they've been a bit off target. Both high and short.

mikeak

Reaction score
The missed TD up the middle to Baldwin was a great play call

Lets give coaches props despite a miss on execution

Latest posts