Plays that impressed

HawkerD

Reaction score
scutterhawk":n0512msy said:
Pandion Haliaetus":n0512msy said:
I think the 2 stats that impressed me the most:

Defense only giving up only 3 TDs, 2 FGs in 7 redzone trips for the Panthers.

Going 0-6 (5)? on Fumble Recoveries in the game, yet still ending up +1 in TO differential. Had the Panthers lost at least 2 of those fumbles especially the McCaffrey ones and Seahawks capitalize they would have dialed it back a little more and played way more tentatively, imo.
Agree 100% ^ and to all the other great plays that were made by the Seahawks.
AND, if anyone is confused about why the big celebration in the locker room, they only have to re-watch this game in it's entirety to see why Pete was so ecstatic, and leading the cheers in there....His boys came through with flying colors.
PLUS, and I can't let it go unsaid, the OFFICIATING was EXCELLENT, with the calls going BOTH ways.
Seahawks Coaching AND Players made very good in game adjustments......Enough to win.
Cam Newton played lights out in the first half, with an almost perfect QBR....McCaffery too was killing it, the Seahawks Defense had their work cut out for them just to keep the scoring close, the Panther Fans are still complaining?, like what, their team wasn't giving it their all to win this game?
All & all, this was one of the better games I've seen in a long, looooooong time.

Officiating was good but the PI on Flowers was BS. That would be my only complaint on the Refs.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":30wfoc6s said:
DynoHawk":30wfoc6s said:
Off topic a bit, but just once I'd like to see Wilson hit Lockett or Baldwin in stride deep. Seems that are always waiting on the ball.

Just sayin.

What about the TD pass to Moore?? RW threw a nice ball on that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiEhr4swJWQ

It was nice, they all are, Just a half second late. Moore slows a little at the end, but any reception is a good reception.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1f97gh0c said:
Sucks that he had 2 linemen right in front of him so he had to go up high on the throw.

Only if he made the read quicker it wouldnt of mattered. He made a bad play but he made way more great plays. Its ok to admit when he missed one. ;)

Seymour

Reaction score
DynoHawk":uw4ubt59 said:
SeaWolv":uw4ubt59 said:
DynoHawk":uw4ubt59 said:
Off topic a bit, but just once I'd like to see Wilson hit Lockett or Baldwin in stride deep. Seems that are always waiting on the ball.

Just sayin.

What about the TD pass to Moore?? RW threw a nice ball on that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiEhr4swJWQ

It was nice, they all are, Just a half second late. Moore slows a little at the end, but any reception is a good reception.

I'm calling that perfect. If he overthrows by 1" then it goes incomplete. If he underthrows, the receiver slows down yet still has a completion. That pass in must have situations like that has to be errored to the side of short to keep his receiver having a chance to make the play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, he missed it, just like the one in the Packer's game. It happens. He drives me nuts early in games once in awhile, but I don't even get worried a little bit.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
The tying throw to moore was perfect. It was a dime, a dot, a laser or whatever the hell you want to call it. Calling it less then perfect is lame.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38i6c9q0 said:
Yep, he missed it, just like the one in the Packer's game. It happens. He drives me nuts early in games once in awhile, but I don't even get worried a little bit.

Not this one. The discussion was the one he made to Moore for game tie "was not perfect".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know, someone had mentioned him missing Doug early in the game.

As far as the TD to Moore goes, Russ throws an incredible long ball. That pass could not have been thrown more perfect. I was surprised he threw it, was figuring he was gonna' just throw a quick slant to Lockett and we live for a new set of downs. Even when he threw it, kind of felt like one of those "noooooo" and then "yessss!!" type plays.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Russell also has the 3rd best Q rating in the NFC. /Fin

Go Hawks!

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3k0eyyv3 said:
I'm calling that perfect. If he overthrows by 1" then it goes incomplete. If he underthrows, the receiver slows down yet still has a completion. That pass in must have situations like that has to be errored to the side of short to keep his receiver having a chance to make the play.

I agree, my original thought was more about long throws in the middle of the field where our receivers have their guys beat by a couple yards, but have to wait on the ball to get there. Seems like its happening more lately. RW is a stud and perfect for this team.

Taehwk

Reaction score
Bwagz fighting through block on the screen play to stop McCaffrey for a 8 yard gain was impressive. That would have gone for a huge gain and possibly a TD. Surprised Bwagz isn't getting more love and credit for this.

sc85sis

Reaction score
enamel":12y2niyg said:
The throw to Madden that got him to the one yard line.
Still not convinced he was down at the one, but Carson got the TD on the next play anyway. Sucks for Tre if he got robbed of a TD though.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Taehwk":1guw1jbs said:
Bwagz fighting through block on the screen play to stop McCaffrey for a 8 yard gain was impressive. That would have gone for a huge gain and possibly a TD. Surprised Bwagz isn't getting more love and credit for this.

That was beautiful.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
A 6'0 wide receiver pretending to be 6'5 this season and last game making ridiculous catches he has no business makeing. Good for him.

Latest posts