Please fire Bevell and Cable

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Bevell is garbage, but after watching Cable scheme the moving line and the unblocked DLineman, he gets my vote for worst filled turd.

Bevell is a corn-filled turd, Cable a peanut-log that sticks to the side you have to flush twice

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkNuts":sogyes41 said:
I must have missed it. Did Bevell drop two touchdowns a first down and a swing pass out of the backfield?

I'm all for replacing DB and TC. But the blame is everywhere including RW who looks out of rhythm and missed some throws today.

F- players for today
Jimmy G
CJ Procise
Mark Glowinski
Tom Rawls
Tanner McEvoy

I completely agree. I saw far more drops than i saw bad playcalls.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Same topic every week...not happening ever..there is no accountability on this team and pete likes it that way. Our qb is being ruined

NJlargent

Reaction score
Carroll is riding out the wave and then we will rebuild. We will continue to regress until then. No Lynch or hungry LOB to carry the team or mask the coaching ineptness.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
NJlargent":2zwtq4be said:
We win despite the coaches. Catching up to us though

BINGO.

I hinted @ this last season and some of the lesser knowledgeable in here cried foul.

I hate to say it (though I've been warning it since last season) but the vibe is that the Pete Carroll era is already well on its way to being over.

I would love to see things turn around but that would be a major turnaround.

Not optimistic that will happen.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
I am still not sold on losing Bevell, but I have finally joined the club agreeing that Tom Cable needs to go. I don't think the talent on the O line is as bad as they are made out to be, but they are just not together on any kind of regular basis.

I believe that it is getting close to ruining RW...his old confidence in shaking off a bad play and moving on is gone from his face. The only time he looked good yesterday was when it appeared to me that he pretty much abandoned the idea of protection and resorted to what I call "Russell Magic".

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bevell is the best fit for this offense making another serious Super Bowl run. Our offense is starting to pick up rhythm and it will continue as we move forward. Bevell will be fine, as he should be.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wherever the problem is something needs to give.

The 49ers were in cover 1 the whole time because they know the O line can't protect long enough to get the ball anywhere down the field, so they basically could do whatever they wanted with an extra safety. They were able to do this the whole game.

I'd expect a good O coordinator to be able to find a way to take advantage of that.

Of course there were also some poor throws and drops.

We are wasting possibly the best defense in the history of the NFL by running out a crap offense and we've been doing that for years now.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Bevell and Cable need to go. I really like Pete but at this point if I was the owner I would have a talk with him and say if you don't want to get rid of your guys than we get rid of you. hes done a lot so I give him that chance. if he doesn't take it hes doing more harm than good at this point and I start over.

we have the players to make a run we just need the little push. what if Tampa Bay never took the chance to get rid of Dungy, they still wouldn't have a ring. theres lots of examples out there where if the players are installed a coaching change makes for a big improvement. again this is based on if Pete is being stubborn to retain his coaches.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
classicaaron":3htb2lej said:
Bevell and Cable need to go. I really like Pete but at this point if I was the owner I would have a talk with him and say if you don't want to get rid of your guys than we get rid of you. hes done a lot so I give him that chance. if he doesn't take it hes doing more harm than good at this point and I start over.

we have the players to make a run we just need the little push. what if Tampa Bay never took the chance to get rid of Dungy, they still wouldn't have a ring. theres lots of examples out there where if the players are installed a coaching change makes for a big improvement. again this is based on if Pete is being stubborn to retain his coaches.
Paul Allen would never initiate such a meeting because A) He rightfully trusts the people he has put in charge and B) There is no reason necessary for such a meeting because the Hawks continue to be one of the elite teams in the NFL and making a change when nothing is broken is preposterous.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"The Seahawks" may be elite. The offense, however, is not. Whether or not something is broken is subjective. It is clear that it is struggling. However, the idea that it isn't and the idea of it being an issue as "preposterous" is in itself, well... "preposterous"

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2vlpxdfx said:
"The Seahawks" may be elite. The offense, however, is not. Whether or not something is broken is subjective. It is clear that it is struggling. However, the idea that it isn't and the idea of it being an issue as "preposterous" is in itself, well... "preposterous"
Ill give you that as dropping two touchdown passes could be put under the category of "struggling" I guess. Point is we've been here before with slow starts and start ramping things up as the season wears on and wind up poised for a nice playoff run. I expect the same results this year.

HansGruber

Reaction score
It's disgusting. I'm sick of seeing it, talking about, and having to watch that crap-fest week-in and week-out.

Everything about the Seattle offense is crap. The offensive play-calling is the worst I have ever seen as a Seahawk fan, and yes, I'm including the early 90's. It looks like we are literally TRYING to lose. I made a joke that we should just not let our offense play and we would be better off, and the whole section of fans around us started laughing and complaining about it as well. This isn't a problem that just a few fans see. Literally the ENTIRE fanbase can see it, we lost a Superbowl because of it, and we are clearly wasting a once-in-a-generation QB talent because of it. Our team is being held back by the offense, and only a blind person who doesn't watch football doesn't realize that.

I'm tired of blaming it on the players, too. At some point, it is the job of the coaches to see what their players can do or can't do, and adjust. We just don't do that. EVERY SINGLE GAME since Bevell has coached here, it's the same crap. We fail to score or even get a first down for the entire first half, then you see Wilson take over and start improvising, and we finally put up some points.

In week 1, the only RB who was any good was CLEARLY and obviously Carson. Yet Bevell kept sending in Eddy Lacy. Even in the second half, when Carson had finally started to show some life for the offense, what happens? Carson gets pulled, Lacy runs in, BLAH.

And what's with all the 5 and 7 step drops? I swear to god, I've had it with that crap. When you have an OL as bad as ours, you simply don't call that stuff.

I'm just so sick of it, can't even watch anymore. I showed up at the stadium at halftime yesterday, because I knew it was going to be the same old crap and I just didn't want to watch Wilson get injured. Sure enough, we show up, the Hawks have failed to score a single TD against possibly the worst team in the NFL. I shook my head, took my seat, and guess what my neighbors are angry about? Our terrible offense.

Ugh... I'm just done. Have lost interest. It's just tragic to watch us waste the talent of Russell Wilson. It's like a curse in Seattle - even when we have a great coach and team, we have a terrible OC that can't game-plan or play-call if his life depended on it, and we are forced to watch poor football from a great team.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
As a few stated above, Cable and Bevell both have run out their welcome. With the talent level on this team, new expectations are presented. We've already won one championship with this regime, but windows open and close fast. However, yesterday, the offense looked terrible as a whole. Russ was out of sync. Receivers didn't help either. Carson looked hungry. He's about the only one. A change needs to be made to send a message. But who are we kidding? Nothing will happen. We'll continue our positive and optimistic press conferences praising the offense and acting as if there is nothing wrong.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bevell did a great job yesterday of getting Russ back in rhythm after sailing some early throws. He called a shorter, quick-fire passing game and that helped. Some of us aren't doom and gloom and see the Hawks once again having a season that will leave them with another shot at the Super Bowl.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":35cregq8 said:
Uncle Si":35cregq8 said:
Ill give you that as dropping two touchdown passes could be put under the category of "struggling" I guess. Point is we've been here before with slow starts and start ramping things up as the season wears on and wind up poised for a nice playoff run. I expect the same results this year.

im sorry but this approach is what makes a team NEVER win. do you really want to be the Bengals and never fire a coach because you make the playoffs every year. guess what they still haven't won. like I said in my example should the Bucs have never fired Dungy because he kept getting them close. the second they brought new blood in they won. and he was obviously a good coach because he ended up winning with the colts. but even when the colts got him they had a winning coach before him. should they have just stayed with their current regime and been happy getting close. no they made the hard choice and got that extra push. it often takes new blood to make things happen.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Well, I think the Bucs would have won the Bowl with Dungy that year. Gruden just inherited a great situation and talented players.

I'm with you on the Bengals mess. But they don't have the recent playoff cache that we do.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1g4euv78 said:
I must have missed it. Did Bevell drop two touchdowns a first down and a swing pass out of the backfield?

I'm all for replacing DB and TC. But the blame is everywhere including RW who looks out of rhythm and missed some throws today.

F- players for today
Jimmy G
CJ Procise
Mark Glowinski
Tom Rawls
Tanner McEvoy

I don't understand why Glowinski is starting he's a backup at best.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
classicaaron":1bbwyfnl said:
Siouxhawk":1bbwyfnl said:
Uncle Si":1bbwyfnl said:

im sorry but this approach is what makes a team NEVER win. do you really want to be the Bengals and never fire a coach because you make the playoffs every year. guess what they still haven't won. like I said in my example should the Bucs have never fired Dungy because he kept getting them close. the second they brought new blood in they won. and he was obviously a good coach because he ended up winning with the colts. but even when the colts got him they had a winning coach before him. should they have just stayed with their current regime and been happy getting close. no they made the hard choice and got that extra push. it often takes new blood to make things happen.

Bingo

Pete may know more about football than the rest of us on the forum combined but he's a human being and we all have failings and his loyalty to his guys seems to override his ability to be completely objective with them. We're not far off, and I'm not oblivious, Bevell isn't the only problem on this team but it's gotten past the knee jerk reaction or change for changes sake stage, Bevell has had years to resolve the issues that have plagued this team, they just leave way too many points out on the field and that despite more experience and better talent continues to not change. Now we're relying on needing to pitch near shut outs at home to bottom feeders to eek out wins, it's broken, hoping that we carry on a pattern from years passed is just akin to hoping and praying...at some point you need to make the hard call.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AceBoogie715":1f6wyugi said:
As a few stated above, Cable and Bevell both have run out their welcome. With the talent level on this team, new expectations are presented. We've already won one championship with this regime, but windows open and close fast. However, yesterday, the offense looked terrible as a whole. Russ was out of sync. Receivers didn't help either. Carson looked hungry. He's about the only one. A change needs to be made to send a message. But who are we kidding? Nothing will happen. We'll continue our positive and optimistic press conferences praising the offense and acting as if there is nothing wrong.

So you think Pete would allow new O-Coordinators to drastically change offensive schemes and playcalling?

Cause I don't, in fact I bet you'd barely even notice a change at either/or coordinator positions.

This is Pete's team, every nook and cranny of it. If Bevell or Cable were replaced, the new coordinators would still have to work within the confines of what Pete wants done on offense..........which is exactly what you see now. Run first, play action and downfield explosive plays.