Please fire Bevell and Cable

OP
OP
E

edogg23

Reaction score
In Petes Monday press conference he was asked what it will take for them to shake things up on offense. He responded to that they are shaking things up every week. Then he asked if this includes personnel to which Pete said we'll see.

I don't think this means much other than it's nice not to see him get all defensive of his coaches like he did last year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
massari":2whlu4zr said:
I'm unsure if Bevell's doing a good job or not....does anyone else or is it a bandwagon thing?

I have no idea.

If it weren't for dropped passes, and some ill-advised throws by Russell, Bevell would probably be looking pretty good today.

I think this is mostly fan stress letting itself out. Understandable as we were a 2 TD favorite.

My upside to all of this? This team will remain focused, as opposed to being over confident.

irocdave

Reaction score
massari":12q6ab5v said:
I'm unsure if Bevell's doing a good job or not....does anyone else or is it a bandwagon thing?

If you question whether or not Bevell sucks, answer the following questions. There are 3 players on offense that count more than 10 million a year against the salary cap. One makes over 20 million a year, and the game plan has him standing stationary behind a wall of paper on long developing pass plays consistently, the other is a great, gritty receiver that makes plays all over the field. The 3rd guy sucks at blocking, and the film on him before the Hawks traded for him showed that, but he WAS one of the elite tightends in football at catching and creating match up issues. Bevelle and the genius O line coach keep him in to try and block on most plays he sees the field. When or if the Hawks get in the red zone, this 6'7" high jumping elite tightend is either on the bench or getting blown up trying to block in the backfield.

You tell me if Bevelle is doing a good job.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Yes, I think all 3 players you mentioned were Pro Bowlers last year, so obviously Bevell (no E) is doing things right.

CPHawk

Reaction score
What happens first, Cable gets fired or the Sonics return?

irocdave

Reaction score
ivotuk":3rbd55d5 said:
massari":3rbd55d5 said:

I have no idea.

If it weren't for dropped passes, and some ill-advised throws by Russell, Bevell would probably be looking pretty good today.

I think this is mostly fan stress letting itself out. Understandable as we were a 2 TD favorite.

My upside to all of this? This team will remain focused, as opposed to being over confident.

Did you watch Sundays game? How many times did you see Graham, on his ass, in the backfield after trying to attempt to block? WTF? This guy is making 10 million a year. He sucks at blocking, he had 4 years of tape showing he sucked at blocking BEFORE the Hawks traded a ALL PRO center AND a 1st round draft pick for him.

Please, show or tell me how Bevelle has worked this ELITE pass catching tightend in to his offense and got his moneys worth out of him.

I as well as most non glazed over "Pete can do no wrong" Hawk fans are all ears. DB needs to go, so does TC. Should have happened right after the SB loss. You watch, if this year goes the way it looks like it's going to, PA will make sure they go, if Pete doesn't like it, he will be going with them.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":vw85yh3m said:
Yes, I think all 3 players you mentioned were Pro Bowlers last year, so obviously Bevell (no E) is doing things right.

Can you at least admit that Graham isn't a good fit for this offense? Like Miller was? I will even humor you and say Bevell is a top 5 oc. Or at least admit we could be utilizing his skillset a little better.

irocdave

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":edz0wxgk said:

Nice side step buddy. Pro Bowl players voted in by fans.

Did the Hawks look great in the playoffs last year? Do you have confidence in that the obvious issues were addressed by your boys in the offseason this year?

You didn't answer any of my very direct questions in the previous post. You, I and all the others reading this thread know why you didnt.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
irocdave":1kqsy7zh said:
ivotuk":1kqsy7zh said:
massari":1kqsy7zh said:

I have no idea.

Did you watch Sundays game? How many times did you see Graham, on his ass, in the backfield after trying to attempt to block? WTF? This guy is making 10 million a year. He sucks at blocking, he had 4 years of tape showing he sucked at blocking BEFORE the Hawks traded a ALL PRO center AND a 1st round draft pick for him.

Please, show or tell me how Bevelle has worked this ELITE pass catching tightend in to his offense and got his moneys worth out of him.

I as well as most non glazed over "Pete can do no wrong" Hawk fans are all ears. DB needs to go, so does TC. Should have happened right after the SB loss. You watch, if this year goes the way it looks like it's going to, PA will make sure they go, if Pete doesn't like it, he will be going with them.
To me, this is sloppy reasoning. You do realize that our line is still searching for consistency, right? So they need help and that extra protection is provided by a tight end, a running back or both. Jimmy is our top tight end, so you leave him in to make a chip or seal the outside with a block or you send him out on a hot route. This keeps him multi-dimensional, which is a good thing.

Once our line can stand on its own, I could see him lining up 5 yards split wide. I expect that to happen by mid season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2u855e6t said:
I must have missed it. Did Bevell drop two touchdowns a first down and a swing pass out of the backfield?

I'm all for replacing DB and TC. But the blame is everywhere including RW who looks out of rhythm and missed some throws today.

F- players for today
Jimmy G
CJ Procise
Mark Glowinski
Tom Rawls
Tanner McEvoy
Jimmy's losing heart because he knows he's elite and isn't getting catches, and he has NEVER been regularly utilized the way he should be, and is capable of being utilized, in Seattle. Unfortunately, he's allowing this to show in his play. For a "regular person" analogy I'd liken it to being in a department at work where you're one of the best couple of people in a department of dozens, but you regularly don't get the nice assignments or work you're capable of doing better than those around you, yet those around you get the nice work to do.

As for Russell..I've been saying for a couple of years now, if we don't get a half-decent line for Russell (not even 'good', just not bad), we're going to ruin him. Every time I mention this, I point out David Carr (older brother to Derek) and Marc Bulger. Two guys who had real promise and some success in the league earlier, and terrible O-lines for years just ruined them. They started hearing footsteps all the time and couldn't recover.

Siouxhawk":2u855e6t said:
Once our line can stand on its own, I could see him lining up 5 yards split wide. I expect that to happen by mid season.
Let me guess, you expect Bevell to come into his own with brilliant play calling as well?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2935vcfz said:
Siouxhawk":2935vcfz said:

Nice side step buddy. Pro Bowl players voted in by fans.

Did the Hawks look great in the playoffs last year? Do you have confidence in that the obvious issues were addressed by your boys in the offseason this year?

You didn't answer any of my very direct questions in the previous post. You, I and all the others reading this thread know why you didnt.
Do I think the Hawks are a Super Bowl contender this season? Of course I do!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":p4kks955 said:
Uncle Si":p4kks955 said:
"The Seahawks" may be elite. The offense, however, is not. Whether or not something is broken is subjective. It is clear that it is struggling. However, the idea that it isn't and the idea of it being an issue as "preposterous" is in itself, well... "preposterous"
Ill give you that as dropping two touchdown passes could be put under the category of "struggling" I guess. Point is we've been here before with slow starts and start ramping things up as the season wears on and wind up poised for a nice playoff run. I expect the same results this year.

Do you think i was just referring to last game?

Last year wasn't great Sioux.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2emhriid said:
Siouxhawk":2emhriid said:
Uncle Si":2emhriid said:
"The Seahawks" may be elite. The offense, however, is not. Whether or not something is broken is subjective. It is clear that it is struggling. However, the idea that it isn't and the idea of it being an issue as "preposterous" is in itself, well... "preposterous"
Ill give you that as dropping two touchdown passes could be put under the category of "struggling" I guess. Point is we've been here before with slow starts and start ramping things up as the season wears on and wind up poised for a nice playoff run. I expect the same results this year.

Do you think i was just referring to last game?

Last year wasn't great Sioux.
Stat-wise we dropped back some, sure, and I think Russ's injuries and lack of mobility contributed to that. Even with that, it wasn't a complete train wreck.

kf3339

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2d5crj3x said:
I think it would take Paul Allen. I don't see Pete admitting a mistake here.

Paul Allen will not fire Pete Carroll. He will ride it down to the bottom just like with Holmgren. Just watch. As great of an owner and savior as he has been to the Hawks; the one thing that Paul Allen doesn't have is real football knowledge. What many of us and even football experts may be seeing, he doesn't want to see, or really doesn't care.

I fully expect we will see a continued degrading of the team on the field and the resulting record as a result. Any hope for a real change is an absolute waste of time. This is the team we will have for the next several years and nothing will change except the falling record of each passing season. Seen it many times before.

Sorry to be so glum.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
kf3339":3pa4ogxv said:
brimsalabim":3pa4ogxv said:
I think it would take Paul Allen. I don't see Pete admitting a mistake here.

Paul Allen will not fire Pete Carroll. He will ride it down to the bottom just like with Holmgren. Just watch. As great of an owner and savior as he has been to the Hawks; the one thing that Paul Allen doesn't have is real football knowledge. What many of us and even football experts may be seeing, he doesn't want to see, or really doesn't care.

I fully expect we will see a continued degrading of the team on the field and the resulting record as a result. Any hope for a real change is an absolute waste of time. This is the team we will have for the next several years and nothing will change except the falling record of each passing season. Seen it many times before.

Sorry to be so glum.

Whatever happens, there will be no changes at all with Cable, Bevell, our OL "versatile" philosophy, the ZBS, our OL draft and FA selection process or our entire offensive approach and scheme until Carroll retires. That's the only thing that could possibly result in any change-a new regime and new system. Until then, expect more underwhelming performances by the O.

Even with Carson's potential emergence, it won't be enough as our QB gets beaten to a pulp.