Pocic with a really great block

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1470617806135693313[/tweet]

This is sexy stuff.

Curhan blows it a bit, but he's new and looking really good for his first action otherwise. Pocic's block here is elite. He still has potential.

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":39vgtm0e said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1470617806135693313[/tweet]

This is sexy stuff.

Curhan blows it a bit, but he's new and looking really good for his first action otherwise. Pocic's block here is elite. He still has potential.

I agree. That was sweet. Pocic is better than he is given credit for.

LTH

nwHawk

Reaction score
Pocic is still young and really, he’s a good fit for the scheme that Waldron runs.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Pocic is turning out to be a decent pick. A late bloomer if you will and a lot of O lineman actually get much better in their late 20's-early 30's

A-Dog

Reaction score
Lewis has a great block there too but honestly, it's the Texans folks. Pocic is mediocre at best, gets blown up in pass blocking with regularity, and hasn't been able to stay consistently healthy. I like him as a back up but please let's upgrade the starting C position this offseason.

toffee

Reaction score
Pocic may fit zone blocking, he will do better than Shane's schemes. The question would be the rest of linemen and our OL coach. Are their strength suit Shane's scheme?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Fun play to review, thanks for posting!

It's nice to see Pocic have a positive play in the run game, great play, sprung Penny. Also loved Gabe Jackson's pancake on the SS/LB #43 and then he flops on top of him to keep him from getting up! Everybody did their job on this play, and Penny did great to slide along and then take the opening.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OMG, on further review, Jake Curhan was the whole key to this play! Here we are giving Penny credit he doesn't fully deserve... Curhan #74 was running down the line looking for someone to block, and freaking ran into Penny, kicked him outside right to where the hole was, and Penny accelerated from there! Here I was thinking how cool and patient Penny was, to slide along the line, and then explode through the hole. What actually happened was Curhan bounced Penny outside, and Penny only deserves credit for keeping his balance and accelerating once he saw the hole. So credit Penny for that; most other Hawks backs would have tripped and fallen for no gain.

nwHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2m2foh85 said:
OMG, on further review, Jake Curhan was the whole key to this play! Here we are giving Penny credit he doesn't fully deserve... Curhan #74 was running down the line looking for someone to block, and freaking ran into Penny, kicked him outside right to where the hole was, and Penny accelerated from there! Here I was thinking how cool and patient Penny was, to slide along the line, and then explode through the hole. What actually happened was Curhan bounced Penny outside, and Penny only deserves credit for keeping his balance and accelerating once he saw the hole. So credit Penny for that; most other Hawks backs would have tripped and fallen for no gain.

You’re right. Had Curhan not bounced Penny outside it would have only gone for a few yards. It probably why Penny was so humble in the post game interview.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You guys are dead on the money.

On first glance, I thought he missed it since he didn't really get latched on - but him launching right through to the tackle in a flash is a big part of this.