Alex Collins or Troymaine Pope?

• Pope

Votes: 147 78.2%
  • Collins

Votes: 41 21.8%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
Pope reminds me of Wendell Tyler a lot, also the RB that retired early in Minny, quick fast hits the hole has good hands, not a every down back but the ideal third down or change of pace back, a weapon from anywhere you put him on the field.

He earned a spot on a NFL roster. Showed he can play with whomever is out there.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Definitely Pope!

He has only been with the team a month, but during that short time he has worked and competed his butt off. He has taken full advantage of his opportunity and embodies this team's makeup.

He has outplayed Collins (and Prosise). I like him and hope he makes this team, he's earned it.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Voted Pope. I think Collins has a better shot of staying on the practice squad than Pope. Pope out performed Collins. Didn't see anything special about Prosise this preseason. Maybe he is just really raw and has some great athletic potential. I don't know.

Mr.Crayola

Reaction score
I voted for Pope.

Collins would be really nice to have as a back if we needed to pound the ball with a 4th quarter lead. He can punish defenders and make them wish the game was over with the best of them in my opinion. He has some really great aspects to his game, but I think he got away with a slow first step in college that has become a big negative against NFL talent. I agree that he would be better with a team that runs more plays starting under center. I think Jerry Jones grabs and Arkansas RB on waivers if we cut he and he becomes a talented 2nd RB for them. He has talent and a great attitude, just maybe not an ideal fit for the Seahawks schematically.

Pope's burst in amazing. I think watching Cmike's burst has dulled others, but Pope really is a great fit for us. He seems like a better fit in our read option and shotgun formations and I prefer the idea of having him replace an injured RB rather than Collins. That is what really fuels the decision for me, I think Pope is a better replacement if someone gets injured.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Pope seems to have what pcjs want. He has grit, and has overcome adversity to get where he is that. From what I have read, they would prefer a more raw talent who has those traits over a more polished guy. I am just glad they signed and drafted as many rbs as they did, and didn't just rely on collins to be a lock. Not only does ac need a wider base, he needs to lower his pad level. It stands out on his college film as well.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Collins for me. He's looked slow because he's been hesitant, but, that'll change. Lots of solid running backs struggle initially in the ZBS. Marshawn did, for instance. It didn't click for him until his second year in Seattle, and he'd been in the NFL for four or five at that point.

Collins is great at picking up blitzes so far. He has a history of durability, and put up a lot of good tape versus top-rate college defenses. His burst will show up more and more as he gets more comfortable. He also has the size to matter on special teams coverage, and that matters.

John Clayton had some good points about this on Brock and Salk yesterday or today, if you have a chance to listen.

Tical21

Reaction score
If they live this competition thing, Pope makes the team. Kid has a lot of Gaskin in him. I don't think he will make it, but cutting him goes strongly against Pete's values, so he has a puncher's chance. I would take both over Michael.

nanomoz

Reaction score
^That surprises me, Tical.^ Michael has looked fantastic since late last year. What is it about him that pushes your preference to any other player?

Tical21

Reaction score
nanomoz":l72n0xsr said:
^That surprises me, Tical.^ Michael has looked fantastic since late last year. What is it about him that pushes your preference to any other player?
He goes down when he smells contact. Zero chance he is ever above average.

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
POPE!!!! I'd take Pope over Michael. Michael goes down when DL breathes and he's gonna want money next season. I don't feel he's earned it yet. We shall see. Go Seahawks!!!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He did.

They didn't want to squander the draft pick, so they kept two worthless, won't be anything guys on the roster so they don't have to admit it.

I look forward to a few years of throwing a shoe at the TV because Collins barely gets 3 when we need 4. Once he gets healthy that is....

McGruff

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2gny3vvf said:
He did.

They didn't want to squander the draft pick, so they kept two worthless, won't be anything guys on the roster so they don't have to admit it.

I look forward to a few years of throwing a shoe at the TV because Collins barely gets 3 when we need 4. Once he gets healthy that is....

When have Pete and John ever been shy about squandering picks?

Even this year they cut 2 draft picks and kept 6 UDFa's.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":3tizjaii said:
nanomoz":3tizjaii said:
He goes down when he smells contact. Zero chance he is ever above average.

Shaun Alexander ring a bell? Yeah, 'zero chance.' Hasn't looked like he's shied much from contact since we brought him back last season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
vin.couve12":22fehjo1 said:
Collins should, for all intents and purposes, be cut and likely won't be claimed. He'll likely make it to the PS and the best thing that he can do for his career is focus on losing weight and strengthening his base. Some sort of martial arts training would be really beneficial for him.

Thank you for not writing 'intensive purposes.' :lol:

Latest posts