• Pope

Votes: 147 78.2%
  • Collins

Votes: 41 21.8%

• Total voters

ACFan

Reaction score
tough call, but the right one.

reinforces my opinion that AC made a really strong case the first two weeks in camp, when he was the only healthy back, going against the 1st team defense.

Things we never saw, but few seem to remember the initial buzz it created, the comments of those who DID see it. It lead AC to be listed #20 on the most intriguing rookies to look out for, before preseason started.

He likely had a tweaked ankle those first two games, then still saw pretty limited action in the last two games, they really didn't seem interested in evaluating him as much as the others, as if their minds were already made up.

more upside with AC, better pass blocker, better power, long, consistent history of success at RB.

I believe history will show it's the right call. Hope Pope clears.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's a complete sham, but it is what it is and I'm not surprised. What

I'm a little bit more surprised at keeping 6 safeties. Both supposedly for ST, but I thought Kam's bro had one of the best special teams performances I've ever seen in coverages.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I suspect Kam is thinking the same thing.

The thing about when people see through your BS, it becomes hard to spread it again.

I am legit worried about our defense this year.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ACFan":21vduke9 said:

He likely had a tweaked ankle those first two games,

I'm not sure I ever saw Collins listed on any injury reports. I may have missed it though, but what was your basis for this belief?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3bf4td2j said:
I suspect Kam is thinking the same thing.

The thing about when people see through your BS, it becomes hard to spread it again.

I am legit worried about our defense this year.
You should be worried if our offense doesn't evolve. If it doesn't we're cooked, if it does you need to relax because stress is a killer. Expect higher scoring games (not much more) and trust that Wilson is actually elite as is already obvious.

Think balanced offense that actually puts points up and lets the defense run downhill like USC or TCU, It takes both sides and balance to be elite long term or do you think Carolina and Cam are all that and a bag of chips suddenly? Obviously we're changing both the defense and offense so do as Frankie says..... Relax because you're stressing me out and my life is already stressful.

ACFan

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":29jmq9om said:
ACFan":29jmq9om said:

He likely had a tweaked ankle those first two games,

I'm not sure I ever saw Collins listed on any injury reports. I may have missed it though, but what was your basis for this belief?

Others on here mentioned it, and those first two games he did seem slower than normal to me, so I figured it was likely true, it just may not have been severe enough to be officially listed.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I'll not get a lot of support for this thought, I really do appreciate Christin Michaels, he stepped up to the task and covered our ass when Rawls went out injured, and when Marshawn was playing with one leg in the grave at that time, and started out this season like a man on fire, but those afterburners have lost their glow the past few games, with his apparent diving to the ground when he gets a few yards, appearing to be avoiding getting injured by a tackle.

I think that Collins, when given the ball has been coming right along, and is starting to make a believer out of me. Thomas Rawls, if truly healed up and back in NFL playing condition is our best RB, hands down. The big question mark on him right now, is does he have structural (bone, joint, muscle) deficits that make him suceptable to injury, if he does, and the docs are unable to help him firm up some, he may end up spending more time on the bench injured than playing, and that would be a damn shame, because he has heart, determination, and unquestionable and unmatched talent in the position of RB.

Where I'm going with all my long winded rattling, is that business is business and if someone has to go I would think it would be Christin. He would get picked up somewhere, and I think the Seahawks have done right by him, but his performance has declined since getting the lead position.

As to Troymaine Pope, this kid is the real deal, I see him making a real name for himself with the Seahawks, he is a perfect fit with our offensive lineup, on every level. I've heard a comment or two about his being Christian centered, and while I don't see that as being important to playing ability, he will connect on a meaningful level with a lot of our offensive line on that level.

I listened to him in an interview while he was playing for us during preseason, and learned a little about him as a person and player, and was convinced back then that this is where he belonged. I was more than a little stunned when I heard that he had been cut and signed with the Jets. Pissed off better defined my feelings, this kid roles into seattle , went out on the field and out performed every single RB we had, hands down, and his execution of the running opportunities given him, produced real gains and helped win games for us time and again. He and Boykin really connected.

After doing everything that was asked of him, and so much more, by far and away suprerceding all the expectations of his coaches, his teammates and his fans, they cut him. I can't even begin to imagine what a blow it was to him when he learned of their decision. Must have felt like a real kick in the gut.

I as many others obviously recognize that Troymaine Pope is exactly where he belongs. I thought management made the biggest mistake of this season letting him go, I hope now, with a second chance for both of them, that they don't make this mistake again.

Long live the Pope ! Go Hawks !

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pacific101":1nhmw9m7 said:
As to Troymaine Pope, this kid is the real deal, I see him making a real name for himself with the Seahawks, he is a perfect fit with our offensive lineup, on every level. I've heard a comment or two about his being Christian centered, and while I don't see that as being important to playing ability, he will connect on a meaningful level with a lot of our offensive line on that level.

I as many others obviously recognize that Troymaine Pope is exactly where he belongs. I thought management made the biggest mistake of this season letting him go, I hope now, with a second chance for both of them, that they don't make this mistake again.

You're right.

You won't get a lot of support for that thought. ;)

Not until Pope actually takes a snap against actual NFL first-stringers.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2a3ct1un said:
pacific101":2a3ct1un said:

You're right.

Pope did make some very flashy plays in preseason, including a 60-something kick return for a TD, yes against 3rd stringers etc, and about a 14 yd TD run (untouched), he's for sure quick as lightning.

But time will tell if the RB coach ever decides he can move up in the pecking order. PC got asked about Pope this week and said how there 'are guys ahead of him.'

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lol I was not expecting to see this thread bumped.

Looks like both players won. Yay

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think we see more of Pope next year competing with Collins for snaps to spill Rawls (if healthy)

I have a feeling Michael will be looking for the money next year and that money is better used for Shead.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":14z57yv3 said:
pacific101":14z57yv3 said:

You're right.

Why not Montana; If NOT having snaps against "Actual NFL First-Stringers" is the metric that is being used, how do you explain Thomas Rawls 2015 pre-season play against non "Actual NFL First-Stringers" netting him a place on the team?
2015 pre-season, Marshawn Lynch was there to mentor Rawls, the Offensive Line was still utilizing Cable's Run First methodology for Rawls to employ, and it wasn't until mid-season last year that Cable switched gears and went Pass Protection as the #1 priority, and putting the Run Push on the back burner......Fast forward to 2016 pre-season, Pass Protection still the flavor of the day and Troymaine Pope's numbers are as good or slightly better than what Thomas Rawls had put up.
Unless or until Pope is given a try-out, how can anyone know for sure if he's a legitimate threat or not?
I could be wrong, but I expect that there has to be a reason the Seahawks brought Pope back.