Poll for the "I'm not watching anymore until..." crowd

I'm not watching anymore games until certain changes are mafe...

• I have been a fan since the 1970s

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • I have been a fan since the 1980s

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I have been a fan since the 1990s

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • I have been a fan since the 2000s

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • I have been a fan since the 2010s

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2cxtr5hu said:
We all choose to get excited or not about it. Doesn't make one way wrong or right. Way too much time seems to be spent either telling people how to be a fan.....or basically calling people out for not agreeing w/your own way of looking at things. Having people over to watch the game and cheer for the team watching a road game etc. that has always been fun for me and my friends/family etc. regardless of the record. I've never once had a friend say (or have said myself) "I'm not gonna' watch a game" because the team is "boring" or "they suck" etc. Seems like being a fan only when things are good for a lot of people, and that's fine. Yet you get accused of being a "homer" or just having "blinders on" if you choose to not act like the world has come to end if the team isn't playing perfect ball. Nobody is being forced to watch the team. I'll never stop going to games, or watching, ever.

A friend of mine called the other day about a vacation we had planned and I failed on. He mentioned the fact that next season we would be up fishing and it would be him in the corner laughing at my team and me whilst we drink a bottle of something. He is a niner fan. I shuddered...as it hit me in the small of the back......WWE style.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":uj19c4ta said:
It would be hilarious if fans attending games decided to make a statement this way by not showing up until around halftime. Stands near empty for 1st half, packed as usual for 2nd.

This statement will probably be glossed over, but I hope someone actually turns this into a movement.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Living in Texas ....

Knocking Dallas out this year will get me through the off Season.

I’ll be good till we “trade down” 3 times. I’ll get pissed off but realize that we got one or two Studs. So, I’ll make it till opening day.

Point is, I love me some Seahawks, I’ll get pissed, might even break a TV but there’s always enough “good times” to keep me going.

You think we have it Bad?

Imagine being a Browns fan, that should make you appreciate your team a little bit.

:{)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, so many teams have it worse than the Hawks, and it's not even close.
1992, now THAT was painful to watch. Holy hell

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":tp23rem3 said:
A good portion of the late 70's and 80's, and much of the 90's w/this team :pukeface:
Oh man there was some bad years. But, having football come to Seattle in 76 was incredible. Saw my first game in person in 79, was just pre-season game vs. Dallas, but still was pretty exciting. With how bad things were for different periods in the past, I find myself appreciating the Holmgren and Carroll years a lot more. It certainly is a team that had quite a few bad and mediocre seasons. But you take the good with the bad, and support them no matter what imo. Like Seymor says, they are not running me off no matter what. :2thumbs:
My feeling as well..
I saw my first game in 76 against the Lions .
That Dome was something else..Extremely loud even then.

mikeak

Reaction score
Cowherd said it about the Cubs fans a few years ago but it applies across the board

Paraphrasing from memory here was the point:
Am I not a better fan of the team if I voice my displeasure by not watching and thereby forcing the team to change into a winning team. Am I not in a way a worse fan if I keep giving my money to the team owner and allowing them to continue mismanagement?

This was going on with the Cubs for a long time as they kept raking in the money and winning wasn't the goal. Not saying that is so here but there should truly be outrage for the wasting of a team and star players that happened over the past two years. The game day execution and planning by our coaching staff is abysmal. The first half incompetency is a fireable offense for just about every team in the league.

djb28

Reaction score
Since 83. I will watch a half season if its still an option to purchase.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I have bigger issues with the leagues officiating than I do with the Seahawks play. Horrendous officiating in this era of technology is inexcusable. It is as bad or worse than before replay. WTF. It can be fixed I just have no idea why it isn't getting done. I will watch some games but be willing to prioritize other things higher than I used to.

irocdave

Reaction score
Lame poorly authored poll.

Been watching since day one and will continue until it gets absurd, like the early to mid 90's and the owner is the root cause absurd.

Yes, this team has issues with coaches and talent evaluation, but it is no where near as inept as the 90's dark years.

Posters whining about what is happening and displaying temper tantrums about not watching as some threat the Hawks organization should seriously consider...PPhhsss. You are just showing how juvenile you are as a Seahawk's / NFL fan. Grow up and realize the run the Hawks have been on for the last 6 years is not normal and most fan bases would have killed to be in our position as home town fans.

I said it 4 years ago and will say it again, enjoy the ride, it wont last long.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seriously though, not watching isn't going to do anything. If (for those of you who are actual Seahawks fans) you want to shame management into doing something, do what 49er fans did. Pay for embarrassing airplane fly overs. Don't buy concessions when you go to the game, etc.

But in truth most of yuns are crazy. 9-7 is a winning season and in truth that's going to happen from time to time. Every team can't be the Patriots and be in the playoffs every year from the Resurrection until the Second Coming. Some of you are asking a bit much, tbh.

irocdave":1ttkdw7c said:
Lame poorly authored poll.

Been watching since day one and will continue until it gets absurd, like the early to mid 90's and the owner is the root cause absurd.

Yes, this team has issues with coaches and talent evaluation, but it is no where near as inept as the 90's dark years.

Posters whining about what is happening and displaying temper tantrums about not watching as some threat the Hawks organization should seriously consider...PPhhsss. You are just showing how juvenile you are as a Seahawk's / NFL fan. Grow up and realize the run the Hawks have been on for the last 6 years is not normal and most fan bases would have killed to be in our position as home town fans.

This guy gets it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
irocdave":3f89nq12 said:

Its over now and it should have been so much better.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":kilsjgx6 said:
Nah, not over yet.

Looks around and see's were not in the playoffs, it's over !

Looks at Roster with two players with career ending injuries and another having his second leg surgery and is 30 years old all three All Pros and a 4th that says he wants to play for Dallas. Rebuild time on defense, it's over !

With the defense in rebuild mode and the offense a disaster, It's over !

We have been trending down for three years, we have the problems I stated and more, we need a retooling, we have guys that can step in on defense and showed it, we need to resign a lot of those guys, we need to fix the offense still.

All hope is not lost but we need to reverse this downward trend now or it really will be fighting a up hill battle as F.A. see greener pastures and it becomes more difficult to draw them here. They have been our plug and play saviors since Clemons.

We also have two teams in California on the up swing and who knows about Arizona yet. Things are going to get a lot tighter and harder in the NFC west.

The first Era of Pete is over, can he create a second with new faces in many spots, we will see.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's an opinion. I don't think it's over. He's gonna' have to revamp and keep it rolling. I'm not giving up, I'll let others do that. :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wo6qkty said:
That's an opinion. I don't think it's over. He's gonna' have to revamp and keep it rolling. I'm not giving up, I'll let others do that. :irishdrinkers:

So rebuild, Re tool isn't the same as Revamp?