Poll for the "I'm not watching anymore until..." crowd

I'm not watching anymore games until certain changes are mafe...

• I have been a fan since the 1970s

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • I have been a fan since the 1980s

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I have been a fan since the 1990s

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • I have been a fan since the 2000s

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • I have been a fan since the 2010s

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1sjso3iw said:
I'm just not of the opinion that they have to blow up the entire team that's all.

Most the guys on defense we need can be resigned and were here and are Free Agents, on offense there are very few guys that I would consider untouchable.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Been watching my whole life. My mom started taking me to games for our birthdays when I was old enough to walk (late 70's). Have had 4-6 season tickets in Club since the Clink opened, although I've changed sections a few times.

I'll continue to watch games, but I won't be purchasing season tickets next season. Plan to spend the saved cash on a larger flat panel and a better satellite setup for my boat, and probably hiring catering for games at the dock.

Watched 4-6 road games on my boat this season and it was a blast. We watched the first preseason game while catching crab in the San Juans with some friends and their kids. We then spent 4 weeks cruising the Inside Passage (what an experience!) and caught the Packers game while anchored outside of Ketchikan. We missed the first home game, but had a hoot watching it on the boat as we cruised back to the Puget Sound. Watched the Jags game out on Lake Union, sipping hot cocoa and enjoying the Christmas lights boat parade after the game.

The Seahawks aren't putting out a product that's worth watching live anymore. This season was miserable, and far from worth dealing with the lines, crowds, parking, drunks, etc. So I'm taking a season or two off, and focusing on enjoying life instead of being miserable. When Paul Allen fires our coaching staff in the next season or two (I think he'll fire Pete next season if we miss the playoffs again), then I'll consider buying season tickets again.

But I'll never stop watching. Yeah, it will be on the DVR, with heavy use of a skip button, but I'll always watch.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Probably the right response.

I won't stop watching completely.

Just the 1st half.

I will stop going to games.

And I will stop planning to watch them. Usually with something interferes with a Hawk game, that something is moved. Now I am much more likely to just go out for the day and take care of errands, instead of planning a day of it, getting a special meal prepared for halftime, etc.

So when I said I won't watch them anymore, it is more I will watch if there is nothing better going on. But I am not going to plan around games like I did. And I might still care a little, but I won't really care if they win or lose beyond the Sunday I am watching.

I've gone beyond the mad or upset. Now I just kind of expect it, kind of like the missed kick thing. When it didn't go through the uprights, I didn't sigh or get frustrated. It was something we knew was coming, it came, and we got the results we all were pretty much aware we would get. Not a surprise.

Same thing with the Hawks. I didn't expect them to get into the playoffs last year, they squeaked in. This year I figured that was potentially likely, they missed the playoffs. Because they were a wildcard team and now they are not even that.

Still a Seahawk fan, just will be a much happier fan when Pete gets sent packing - even if that means a potentially worse record in the short term. I don't dislike Pete, though I think he is old, washed up and the game has passed him by. But I dislike the package he comes tied to, and it isn't worth it since it isn't like Pete brings that much to offset the problems he comes bundled with.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HansGruber":46r1bnzt said:
Been watching my whole life. My mom started taking me to games for our birthdays when I was old enough to walk (late 70's). Have had 4-6 season tickets in Club since the Clink opened, although I've changed sections a few times.

I'll continue to watch games, but I won't be purchasing season tickets next season. Plan to spend the saved cash on a larger flat panel and a better satellite setup for my boat, and probably hiring catering for games at the dock.

Watched 4-6 road games on my boat this season and it was a blast. We watched the first preseason game while catching crab in the San Juans with some friends and their kids. We then spent 4 weeks cruising the Inside Passage (what an experience!) and caught the Packers game while anchored outside of Ketchikan. We missed the first home game, but had a hoot watching it on the boat as we cruised back to the Puget Sound. Watched the Jags game out on Lake Union, sipping hot cocoa and enjoying the Christmas lights boat parade after the game.

The Seahawks aren't putting out a product that's worth watching live anymore. This season was miserable, and far from worth dealing with the lines, crowds, parking, drunks, etc. So I'm taking a season or two off, and focusing on enjoying life instead of being miserable. When Paul Allen fires our coaching staff in the next season or two (I think he'll fire Pete next season if we miss the playoffs again), then I'll consider buying season tickets again.

But I'll never stop watching. Yeah, it will be on the DVR, with heavy use of a skip button, but I'll always watch.

I like your concept...I was at the Packer game and the Jags game. But prefer what you did. How were the crabs? I want to go crabbing in a month and may do so in Oregon. Have fun and enjoy your life..after all it is yours not someone elses.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":u5qput4h said:
I like your concept...I was at the Packer game and the Jags game. But prefer what you did. How were the crabs? I want to go crabbing in a month and may do so in Oregon. Have fun and enjoy your life..after all it is yours not someone elses.

The crabs are great in the Puget Sound. We caught about 10-12 dungeys and reds per day (only dropping 3-4 pots), most of them were 10-11" wide, so it was a great season. Just stick with salmon guts for bait and you're golden. It was TONS of fun taking some of the younger kids out on the tender, and watching them squeal and scream with delight and terror when we pulled the pots and all the crabs came scattering out onto the floor. My grandpa used to do that to me, so ya know I had to pay it forward. Ha ha ha. It was a blast cooking and shelling the crabs, while the kids were diving off the transom and playing in the Sound, the adults having champagne and cocktails, the late-summer sunshine dancing on the Sound. It was extremely pleasant, to say the least.

To compare that to fighting through an hour of traffic to crawl into a $60 parking spot, walking through a horde of beggars and Jesus-freaks screaming at us through their bullhorns, seeing multiple fights in and out of the stadium, dealing with crappy overpriced food and drinks and not being allowed to take my cocktail to my seat... UGH. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the last few years have been simply torturous and awful. I'm not paying to be tortured again.

We literally only had one good game - the Philly game, that was it.

I find it laughable that Paul Allen expects me to show up, pay him $10-12k again this season to watch this garbage. I won't even be watching it on live television. I've given up on any hope at all for next season, knowing that no changes will be made to coaching - that Pete thinks that offensive showing was acceptable this year. Injuries weren't an excuse because our offense was healthy. Poor execution isn't an excuse because it's the coaches' job to coach them up.

Next year is going to be painful. I'll bet we don't even hit .500 with the way the Rams and 49ers are looking. Our only hope right now is to rebuild our coaching staff. And I don't think that happens for another season or two.

chris98251

Reaction score
HansGruber":3kt6r3m1 said:
Seahawkfan80":3kt6r3m1 said:

The crabs are great in the Puget Sound. We caught about 10-12 dungeys and reds per day (only dropping 3-4 pots), most of them were 10-11" wide, so it was a great season. Just stick with salmon guts for bait and you're golden. It was TONS of fun taking some of the younger kids out on the tender, and watching them squeal and scream with delight and terror when we pulled the pots and all the crabs came scattering out onto the floor. My grandpa used to do that to me, so ya know I had to pay it forward. Ha ha ha. It was a blast cooking and shelling the crabs, while the kids were diving off the transom and playing in the Sound, the adults having champagne and cocktails, the late-summer sunshine dancing on the Sound. It was extremely pleasant, to say the least.

To compare that to fighting through an hour of traffic to crawl into a $60 parking spot, walking through a horde of beggars and Jesus-freaks screaming at us through their bullhorns, seeing multiple fights in and out of the stadium, dealing with crappy overpriced food and drinks and not being allowed to take my cocktail to my seat... UGH. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the last few years have been simply torturous and awful. I'm not paying to be tortured again.

I find it laughable that Paul Allen expects me to show up, pay him $10-12k again this season to watch this garbage. I won't even be watching it on live television. I've given up on any hope at all for next season, knowing that no changes will be made to coaching - that Pete thinks that offensive showing was acceptable this year. Injuries weren't an excuse because our offense was healthy. Poor execution isn't an excuse because it's the coaches' job to coach them up.

Next year is going to be painful. I'll bet we don't even hit .500 with the way the Rams and 49ers are looking. Our only hope right now is to rebuild our coaching staff. And I don't think that happens for another season or two.

Yeah sounds like the getting old and too comfortable progression where the event and circumvention of the unsavory aspects of crowds and people become a bigger detractor then the enjoyment of the game and atmosphere itself, especially if your paying those prices, even a few thousand once you get to a point in life is too much when you can bar b que and drink and have a great chair to watch from and not sit in traffic for an hour after a less then stellar game.

If your there as a fan and not a social monger like many are these days it can be a hassle.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HansGruber":6c25wl9v said:
Seahawkfan80":6c25wl9v said:

This sounds awesome. Glad you shared it. I may go to another away game because I have not been there yet and do like to see different areas of the country. You get to learn about the people of this great land that way sometimes. As far as the hustle and bustle, I am kinda in the same boat as it were. There has to be a reason to want to deal with the idiocy that makes it worth while. I think I mentioned last year that it may not be a bad idea to go to Seattle and just visit and watch the game in a local lounge. Do the pregame at whatever bar is close and when people leave...do the same but to a bar that I think would be fun to watch the game. Kinda is what I did in Jax 2 min left in the game. Left as I knew that the reffing and the team was not meant to win. See it on how they called the game. WWE joke is on us. Again Thanks and enjoy.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I don't care how long anyone has been a fan. Anyone that's even talking like this is just making the point of the rest of the fanbases in the NFL which is that "we" are all a bunch of bandwagon fans. Boo Hoo, we had injuries, a terrible kicker that we decided to ride or die with, a bunch of media induced distractions etc etc and didn't make the playoffs by 1 game.

I wont miss a game just like I rarely do if I have anything to say about it dating back to 1983.

How quickly some people forget. SMH

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sad in here.

49ers board was right on some of you guys. 2012'ers.

Oh well.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
So we're supposed to be happy regardless of how horrible the coaching and FO has been regarding the teams issues no matter what. Gotcha.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ixwzaq5 said:
So we're supposed to be happy regardless of how horrible the coaching and FO has been regarding the teams issues no matter what. Gotcha.

You can be both unhappy with the team and still be a fan and watch the games.

Trust me, some of us have been doing it for 40 years.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Just some food for thought. We went 9-7 this year. With just some tweeks we could be 12-4 even with that horrible run game. 1) Get a kicker. 2) If we lose Bennett we also lose penalties. If Ifedi can cut his in half then we are waaaay better off. Then being a bit healthier I feel we could have won 3 more games. I see no need to blow things up. We were not terrible and our deficiencies are fixable. I w do agree we could use a new offensive line coach. But even with the crappy one we had we still won 9 games.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vxs2v27 said:
pittpnthrs":1vxs2v27 said:

You can be both unhappy with the team and still be a fan and watch the games.

Trust me, some of us have been doing it for 40 years.

I understand totally. Does it make a person less of a fan though if they are tired and disgusted with the product thats being put on the field and they might find better things to do than watch the games on Sunday? I'm just trying to get a feel for the criteria,

original poster

Reaction score
IMO you’re just as much of a fan if you decided to support the Seahawks this season, couldn’t watch any games for whatever reason but checked the scores each week as someone that has watched every single game since the expansion.

There isn’t ‘levels’ of fan, simply different levels of investment.

Sure, some fans know a lot more about the team but those that don’t can still have an opinion, they just need to accept it may be challenged, same applies to the knowledgable fan.

A lot of the stuff we talk about is opinion based as opposed to fact. Even when facts are involved, opinions still stem from facts in a discussion.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":2t3vhaem said:
IMO you’re just as much of a fan if you decided to support the Seahawks this season, couldn’t watch any games for whatever reason but checked the scores each week as someone that has watched every single game since the expansion.

There isn’t ‘levels’ of fan, simply different levels of investment.

Sure, some fans know a lot more about the team but those that don’t can still have an opinion, they just need to accept it may be challenged, same applies to the knowledgable fan.

A lot of the stuff we talk about is opinion based as opposed to fact. Even when facts are involved, opinions still stem from facts in a discussion.

The only facts we know are the Stats and win loss records recorded historically. Some win loss situations we dispute based on observations and situations however.