POLL: How Long Until The Hawks Get Back To The Super Bowl?

How Soon Will It Take For The Hawks To Get Back To The Super Bowl?

• This year. (mic drop)

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • 2 years at least.

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • 3 years at least.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • 4 years at least.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 5 years or longer.

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":23ja86es said:
Sgt. Largent":23ja86es said:
Palmegranite":23ja86es said:
So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.

I'm confused by your statement. Because we have Russell, that means the rest of the team is already a SB caliber roster?

There are multiple teams every year with Super Bowl-caliber rosters. This fact is usually hidden simply because only one team can win per NFL rules.

So I have little problem thinking that Russell and a HEALTHY surrounding team is likely a Super Bowl roster. 2017 doesn't get that title from me because of the K situations, but besides that, I had no problem believing it. Just gotta stay reasonably healthy.

Not according to Palmegranite. He's saying Russell won't just QB idly, he must only be here to win SB's!!!

Atradees

Reaction score
Palmegranite":tlngl3fi said:
So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.

This is a once in a generation QB talent and I concur. Here; here!!! :irishdrinkers:

Though Russell Wilson didnt make the Seahawks; He makes them better.

10 guys said 5 years? Baffling.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It really is weird to see people picking us to go to the SB this year. That is very very unlikely.

The Rams are literally going to be better than us in every facet with the exception of QB, LB, and hopefully, Safety.

They are in our division.

I am not sure how you can look at this roster without the most Action-Green tinted goggles and honestly think this is a SB roster. Unless we somehow elude the Rams and they end up getting knocked out by someone else (which is possible) or the Rams sustain some devastating injury to a key player (QB or RB), that is a significant if not almost insurmountable roadblock.

But I think this team can be considered a success without a SB this year, it would be ridiculous to expect this team to make a SB one year after not even making the playoffs at all. If we do anything in the playoffs at all, we should be ecstatic. SB is asking a bit too much considering.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3fhv1ytb said:
But I think this team can be considered a success without a SB this year, it would be ridiculous to expect this team to make a SB one year after not even making the playoffs at all. If we do anything in the playoffs at all, we should be ecstatic. SB is asking a bit too much considering.

Bingo.

I actually am excited to see what this young roster and new coaching staff can do..........and yes Russell gives us the ability to compete in every game.

But SB? No. Too many roster holes, too much inexperience and too hard of a division. But I do think with Russell healthy and if the defense can play well we can battle for a Wild Card.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think this year is unlikely (though not impossible) for a Super Bowl. Too many new pieces and unknowns. Stranger things have happened most certainly and "why not us?" and all of that but the smell test says at least a year or two away from a legitimate shot at the big dance again.

I can totally see us surprising the league this year and squeaking in to the wildcard spot though.

As many have said and I wholeheartedly agree, with Russell Wilson, you ALWAYS have a shot to win (it all).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":1oe0urz3 said:
scutterhawk":1oe0urz3 said:
getnasty":1oe0urz3 said:
I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.
LOL, so you be thinkin' that they should have kept Bevey as O.C. because he was the better option than Schotty?
I believe that RW & Schottenheimer are going to be feeding off a way better Playbook.
I believe that OVERALL, we are going to be much, much better than last season...Hell, we were just a couple field goals away from a Wild Card to the playoffs last Year, and that was with NO Run Game, Crap Kicking Game, a bunch of injuries, + Tom Cable, & Darryl Bevell mucking up the whole process.

I'm trying to remember where I said they should have kept Bevell, oh that's right I didn't. I think it was time for a change and liked the Pete shook things up but BS has been nothing short of horrible in his career. I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you said.
Your statement that "Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense", which is an insinuation that "Shotty" wasn't an upgrade over Bevell.
NOW, if Schotts can meld with Russell Wilson like he did with Drew Breese, there's no reason to believe that they won't vastly improve on the TOP, giving the Defense much needed rest between sessions.
Unlike a lot of folks in here, I don't believe that with Pete Carroll's Defensive acumen, that we will be seeing a sharp drop off in Defensive structure.
Bobby Wagner said that people are selling the Seahawks Defense short, and that is a mistake...I believe him.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":kztgt96o said:
TwistedHusky":kztgt96o said:

Bingo.

I actually am excited to see what this young roster and new coaching staff can do..........and yes Russell gives us the ability to compete in every game.

But SB? No. Too many roster holes, too much inexperience and too hard of a division. But I do think with Russell healthy and if the defense can play well we can battle for a Wild Card.

Yep, a wild card is the best case scenario for this year. Right now I have the NFC North and South with 2 teams each getting to the playoffs, and the NFC East and West with one each. We have to somehow beat out one of the North and South teams to make it. Things can change, but still a very hard road this year.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It's amazing how perceptions change based on a few plays. Heck we were literally 1 kick (field goal) away from a 10 win season last year. How, do you suppose the perception from the national media would be if we only made that 1 kick?

I suspect the the talk would be drastically different if we ended 10-6 vs 9-7. Frankly we played most of last season without many of the big names who are now gone. I don't see any reason why we can't be a playoff team this year. The offense should be improved with a line scheme more suited for our players.

As long as RW stays healthy I think we see improvement along the offensive side of the ball thus alleviating some of the pressure on the defense. I fully expect Seattle to be a 9-10 win team again this year.

Everyone wants to anoint the Rams and 49ers. Let's see them do it for more than 1 year (in SF case more than 1/2 a season) before we get too carried away. Anyone/team can have a big year, the key is sustaining success. There's a reason why nearly half of the playoff teams each year are teams who weren't there the previous season. Staying on top is tough to do.

This year the Rams will be the hunted instead of the "nothing to lose" hunters, they will have more pressure on them then anyone has ever experienced in that organization. Last year was a fluke in that that were a excessive amount of 10+ win teams. Usually, 10 wins get you in the playoffs, Seattle wouldn't have made it even if they had won, I think we'll see things tightening up amongst the NFC with some of those teams coming down to earth.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jlwaters1":2whe008l said:
It's amazing how perceptions change based on a few plays. Heck we were literally 1 kick (field goal) away from a 10 win season last year. How, do you suppose the perception from the national media would be if we only made that 1 kick?

Good points. I turned the channel the other day to NFL Network and right at that moment they were playing a replay of the Seahawks / Jags game (NFL Redzone Week 14 Replay) from last season where we were in the process of kicking a field goal. Like a 43 yarder or something. Not recalling that particular play from last year offhand I laughed and thought "I bet he misses."

Yep.

God Walsh was brutal and by himself caused us not to be 10-6 or 11-5 even.

Seymour

Reaction score
jlwaters1":27bhtwe1 said:
It's amazing how perceptions change based on a few plays. Heck we were literally 1 kick (field goal) away from a 10 win season last year. How, do you suppose the perception from the national media would be if we only made that 1 kick?.......

Little to none because of this shit show at home.

Attachments

• Rams vs Hawks.jpg
    Rams vs Hawks.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,028

nrayorr

Reaction score
getnasty":3kyij7o9 said:
I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.

Let's remember that he hasn't worked with a QB like RW to work with either with exception to Drew Brees (Chargers), Philip Rivers (Chargers) and Brett Favre (Jets) which none are more mobile than Wilson. I believe that the offense will be stronger with Schotty and our Solari as our new O-line coach.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nrayorr":3ndig39x said:
getnasty":3ndig39x said:

Let's remember that he hasn't worked with a QB like RW to work with either with exception to Drew Brees (Chargers), Philip Rivers (Chargers) and Brett Favre (Jets) which none are more mobile than Wilson. I believe that the offense will be stronger with Schotty and our Solari as our new O-line coach.

Honestly I think it's the defense that's going to be the issue this year, not the offense.

With Russell, 2-3 good RB's and Solari making the line more consistent..............we should be a good balanced offense again.

But the D-line and defensive backfield? Not so sure. A LOT of players have to rise up and play well for the defense to not be an issue.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Super Bowl this year.

Shotty designed a solid offense at NY Jet with Mark Sanchez and the running duo of LT and Shonn Greene. Clearly, RW is a major upgrade and the possibly of replicating the run game with Carson/Penny...

Yes, we lost Jimmy and PRich, but we didn't have a red zone threat like Graham as SB Champs and what did the pundits call our WRs that year? Pedestrian I think?

Each year teams that are predicted to win a SB ends up with a losing record and others rises up. The Cowboys had a 13-3 record in 16 with Prescott/Elliott. In 17...And who predicted the Rams or the Eagles to do what they did last year. Really?

Hawks will surprise with an above average Run game. Russ will do his thing, and Pete/Norton will retool this defense.

Championship.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think our offense is going to flat out shock people this year. Our defense will be good...Above average good. I see the offense top 10, perhaps top 5 even and the defense top 10-15.

Stop Sleeping On Seattle Mediots.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
I want another SB win. I really do. Honestly, I still can't get over SB 49. A part of me died that night. My hope is winning another SB will ease the pain. But, I had to go on leave from work for a month following that game.

I believe this team will win it all this season. Just a gut feeling.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawker8989":3888frv3 said:
But, I had to go on leave from work for a month following that game.

Bro, that's hard core. Respect.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Aros":2h1j378x said:
Hawker8989":2h1j378x said:
But, I had to go on leave from work for a month following that game.

Bro, that's hard core. Respect.

Thanks. A game shouldn't affect one's daily life. But after that game, I almost wish they would've lost to the Packers. That would've been easier to get over.

chet380

Reaction score
It's entirely possible that the Hawks will lose 5 out of 6 to the NFL West this year.

I, along with many of the old-timers here, suffered through many years of pinning our hopes on 'promising' teams that resulted in mediocre results and poor drafting positions -- it wasn't until we were able to draft for elite players that the foundation for Super Bowl-quality teams were built. After waiting for decades for those Super Bowl contenders, I am willing to wait for a few years of drafting some elite players to build that foundation for another realistic Super Bowl run.

chris98251

Reaction score
chet380":usa32zkn said:
It's entirely possible that the Hawks will lose 5 out of 6 to the NFL West this year.

I, along with many of the old-timers here, suffered through many years of pinning our hopes on 'promising' teams that resulted in mediocre results and poor drafting positions -- it wasn't until we were able to draft for elite players that the foundation for Super Bowl-quality teams were built. After waiting for decades for those Super Bowl contenders, I am willing to wait for a few years of drafting some elite players to build that foundation for another realistic Super Bowl run.

Elite players, Sherman 5th round, Kam 5th Round, Wilson 3rd round, Bennett UDFA, How do you know that we don't have some now once they get a chance to play.

Seymour

Reaction score
That whole "draft position" excuse is overrated IMO. After the first round, it doesn't mean near as much....meh. It's more about finding diamonds in the rough when you look at the average draft position of our all pro's IMO.