POLL: If Lock Starts Tonight...

If Lock starts tonight, how do you feel versus if Geno was to start?

• I am more confident in a win.

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • I am less confident in a win.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • I feel about the same either way.

Votes: 48 51.6%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you more or less confident in a victory, or the same?

Wheetie

Reaction score
Lock can perform as well as Geno, and he also has full mobility which is way more explosive than Geno, even when Geno's fully healthy.

Rat

Reaction score
It's dependent on how healthy Geno is. I'd probably go with 90% Geno over 100% Lock, but less healthy than that, I'd prefer Lock start.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Lock has yet to get a full week of practice with the starters. I also don’t really like his deep throws. If we had an offensive coordinator that adjusted away from the deep throws I’d like Lock more but for now I have more faith in Geno to not make the errant passes.

Either way we need to become more balanced with the running game.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Geno showed me something in the Dallas game that I needed to see. Prior to that, I honestly felt it was six of one half dozen of the other.

That said, I'm not sure Geno is that much better and I'm quite sure he's not $31 million better in 2024. (or whatever the number is).

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Lock if Geno isn't near 100 percent. Geno imo is a better passer. I still think Lock could pull this one out but depends on the gameplan Waldron throws out there tonight.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think if we had access to alternate universes where we could accurately compare the two, where each starts every game for the Seahawks with everything else being the same, we wouldn't see much difference either way. The biggest difference is that Geno has 6 more years in the league than Lock. They were each 2nd round picks. Geno was picked in 2013 in the 2nd round pick number 39, while Lock was picked in the 2nd round of the 2019 draft at slot number 42. Essentially they were drafted at almost the exact same spot just six years apart. Not much really separates them.

They are roughly the same size with similar athleticism. They both have a tendency to make wtf throws. I'm not sure you could get a closer approximation between starter and backup QB than Smith and Lock.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
If they were both at 100% I'd take Geno due to his experience of starting for almost 2 seasons. For tonight's scenario, I think it's a wash

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
less confident but I still think there may be untapped upside potential with him. Dude had some GARBAGE coaching.

soxhawk

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the health of our RBs. No walker or charb would make me much more concerned. I think we're riding out the season with Lock to see if it's worth keeping him next year.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I’ll bite. I don’t care who starts if the line continues to suck. But, if it does I prefer Lock and his ability to get out onto the edge and see the field. I would call plays that limit throws to within 30 yards. Use the TEs, get a touch or two to Bobo (who has been MIA for a month or so), and try to run some pick plays with Lockett and DK.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Geno will start this game.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I think Mariota is playing tonight.

So regardless of Geno or Lock, I think Seattle should win if Mariota is playing.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If Geno were completely healthy, then he would give us the best chance to win. But since he's not, I view it as a toss-up between him and Lock.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm less confident of a win, but still think we can go out and get it. Let's go Lock.

Latest posts