Votes: 134 56.3%
  • Overpaid

Votes: 102 42.9%
  • Underpaid

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People keep saying it’s going to be a late second round pick. You cannot assume that, especially since our schedule gets much tougher going forward, and that we pulled a few games out of our ass to just to get to 5–2. The same exact comments were being made when we acquired Jamal Adams saying it’s going to be two low first round picks, and that was not the case for either of them.
And you can't assume it WON'T be a late 2nd.

A bunch of people complaining about them NOT adding a beast on the D Line........now.....complaining that they DID.

Seems legit o_O

Jac

Reaction score
I mean this is the most complete defense they've had since the 2013-15 era. Pair that up with a strong running game, and this team is built for the playoffs. I think that's what they're thinking.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
We have dominant players at every level.

At safety - love, Diggs and Adams . Seriously?

At LB Wagner and Brooks... wtf?

CB - Brown, Spoon and Woolen.

And now a dline with Mafe, Taylor, Clark, Reed and Williams.

This is an all star D in the making. Our weakness was Dline. Now, it's a strength.
Yup.

General consensus in the main stream media seems to be that we just finished loading up for an Owl. I think PC and JS are blowing their wad for a run - knowing that PC's time is 'limited'.

Jesus this team has some dawgs. That's just the D!

If the offense starts clicking a bit more - we're pretty much unstoppable. We got alot of business to take care of between now and December 17th - but bring on the Eagles! I hope we're balling out by that time and it's an NFCCG preview.

I think we're set. D is ******* amazing.

I voted fair value. Oh yea - Murf likes him. And I like Murf. Ergo - I like this. ;) Lord have mercy indeed ;)

toffee

Reaction score
Yup.

General consensus in the main stream media seems to be that we just finished loading up for an Owl. I think PC and JS are blowing their wad for a run - knowing that PC's time is 'limited'.

Jesus this team has some dawgs. That's just the D!

If the offense starts clicking a bit more - we're pretty much unstoppable. We got alot of business to take care of between now and December 17th - but bring on the Eagles! I hope we're balling out by that time and it's an NFCCG preview.

I think we're set. D is ******* amazing.

I voted fair value. Oh yea - Murf likes him. And I like Murf. Ergo - I like this. ;) Lord have mercy indeed ;)

Have you run this by fade?

keasley45

Reaction score
1.5 sacks. Not exactly a great confidence boost that he's worth a 2nd. But whatever. What do I know. Hope it works out.
Mebane and Bryant, who we have all acknowledged as being two of the key cogs of our LOB success and quasi benchmarks for what the team needs on the DLine COMBINED for 19 sacks in a combined 15 years in Seattle. 1.3 sacks per year between the two of them.

Its about way more than the sacks. Everyone else's sack numbers will go up because of this move.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think a 3rd would of been better but guessing that was offered and turned down. His addition is going to help where Nwosu left.
Look at the chunk of change that the Giants are paying. Well worth a 2nd instead of a 3rd. Plus we already have Denver's 3rd.
Hawks are paying less than a million for 10 games plus playoffs. Damn. JS is a beast. Pete also has already said they are going to try to extend him.
Guys like Avril, Bennett, Dunlap etc. They were "rentals" too, Hawks took care of them. They earned a re-sign. I have a feeling Williams will too. Also, IF he was to leave in Free Agency, they likely get a 3rd back (It's being discussed right now on 710)

Just my own opinion, but I think people get way too caught up in the "they gave up too much" thing way before we even see it play out. You have to give up something to get something.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bigskydoc made some points that made me feel better about the trade. He's been playing on a Giants team with a bad secondary and a bad defensive coach. If we can get the double-digit sack version of him, and there has been one, this might be close to worth it.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm surprised the Giants had the leverage to pull off a second. I consider it an overpay, but not a substantial one. He's been kinda up and down in his career.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Instead of just a resurgent JReed, you now have an even better resurgent JReed and have added an immediately rejuvenated and to be resurgent JWilliams, besties.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It might be a slight overpay, if you are paying for NYG version of Williams only, but you're not, you're banking (probably correctly) he needs better supporting cast is all to be a highlight machine again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And a team captain out in NY too. This is a great deal for both sides. No fleecing either way, imo. The Giants are paying like 10 mil of this, that is MORE than worth a 2nd instead of a 3rd. And it could very well be a late 2nd. Meh.
This team just got better. WIN

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So funny how many assumptions are on here that this is some horrible trade, he's old, he's not that good blah blah blah.

Great reading material. He's a beast, a team captain, a high-quality character guy, and he's going to make this team better. You'll see.........

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Home field advantage got exponentially more fun with DL additions this week.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Some of you are flat.....~good people~ so not to be scolded by mods. he is now the best Dlineman on the team. he makes everyone better. The dline just got really formidable.
A late 2nd? who freaking cares.
This is he move the mariners needed to do and they didn't so are sitting at home.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
People keep saying it’s going to be a late second round pick. You cannot assume that, especially since our schedule gets much tougher going forward, and that we pulled a few games out of our ass to just to get to 5–2. The same exact comments were being made when we acquired Jamal Adams saying it’s going to be two low first round picks, and that was not the case for either of them.
We also gave two games away so....
It all evens out
This team is going to picking in the 20's (probably late) no doubt about it

WarHawks

Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling that one's opinion on this trade has to do with a simple question:

What is the most important day in the NFL year to you, Super Bowl Sunday or Draft Day?
Yes.