Poll: Who's Your Most Pleasant Surprise Player?

If you could pick one player on the team not named Geno, who would be your most pleasant surprise?

• Ryan Neal

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Uchenna Nwosu

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • Ken Walker III

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Tariq Woolen

Votes: 67 59.8%
  • Coby Bryant

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Al Woods

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Boye Mafe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (read my comments)

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Guess you both (and a couple others) missed the part in the OP that said “not named GS” ?
Did I say Geno? Whoops, I meant to say President Smith!

Ha!

If the hard rules have to apply - same logic. Bruce.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
For me, it's Coby Bryant. In preseason he looked absolutely lost out there. Honestly, he was one of the reasons I didn't have a lot of hope for this year. But he's been an incredibly serviceable CB.
He had a rough first game too. As did Woolen. Maybe overall they did well, but their mistakes were pretty glaring. Nothing that you wouldn't expect out of a rookie CB thrown into the fire of an emotionally charged nationally televised game 1. Even Woolen's PI in the endzone worked out fine with the D's goalie fumble.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I would have voted for Lucas. They were talking about him on GMF this morning. Third round pick and already one of the best rookie tackles in the league. At the very least, I think his name should be on the ballot.

I was expecting Woolen, so no big surprise.

Last edited:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I would have voted for Lucas. They were talking about him on GMF this morning. Third round pick and already one of the best rookie tackles in the league. At the very least, I think his name should be on the ballot.

I was expecting Woolen, so no big surprise.

This is so true. Lucas could have been picked much earlier, and it appears some though he should be.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This is so true. Lucas could have been picked much earlier, and it appears some though he should be.
Bears drafted V. Jones one spot ahead of Lucas. About all he’s done for the Bears is drop punts (lost the job).

This may be a controversial statement, but I’d say Lucas is playing as well, or better, than Cross.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I went with Nwosu, because he's been a consistent force getting QB pressures and sacks nearly every game, and it feels like it's been SO LONG since the Hawks hit on a Free Agent D-Lineman, like since Cliff-Avril-long (MB doesn't count because we drafted him). What's-his-name freak athlete a couple years ago doesn't really count because he showed up big a couple games (like vs SF on national TV) but then was invisible in other games.

Nwosu has been dominant or near-dominant in the pass rush EVERY game (it feels like), especially in games where we needed a pass rush bad, and instead had a bad pass rush, where nobody else was getting ANY pressure. After all the crap FA signings, finally one where Hawks are getting our money's worth.

I was really torn, Woolen deserved the nod too, but I'm just so happy to have a Free Agent signing actually pan out, so I had to go with Nwosu.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There are so many to choose from which is what makes this such a fun poll but Woolen has proven himself to be the resounding winner.