Predict the Hawks 1st Round Pick thread.....

jblaze

Reaction score
New rumor from Tony Pauline via twitter:

Article: http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-f ... swap-picks

Text:

"Sources have told us the Atlanta Falcons (31st pick) and Seattle Seahawks (26th pick) are discussing swapping first-round picks. It’s a trade many think will ultimately occur, in large part due to the relationship between Falcons head coach Dan Quinn and his former employer.

I’m told the compensation for the swap is likely to end up being a fourth-round pick."

Only problem I see is that a late 4th is not enough for this trade back. Jimmie Johnson's chart puts #26 at 700 and #31 at 600 so that equates to a late 3rd rounder (95 overall) and ironically enough, we made this exact same trade last year for a late third.

I wouldn't do it for a late 4th but I would for the late 3rd. The pick @ 31 would be Bolles per Pauline.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":2j1ox7ct said:
I think they trade out. However, if they stay put I think it's going to be a guard projected to go in Rd 2.

Given the lack of value the front office sees in the later rounds of the draft, I don't think they trade down this year unless they get a high 4th.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the draft shakes up a bit earlier and Seahawks draft T.J. Watt.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I would puke if we took the Falcons glorified 5th to move down. Lets not do them any favors.

Seafan

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3budq8lf said:
I would puke if we took the Falcons glorified 5th to move down. Lets not do them any favors.

I agree. Perhaps this is out there to drum up better offers. They've usually kept their strategies close to the vest.

Then again, if there is a player they like (DL) falling to them then it won't happen. I'm more disappointed in the thought of an OL in the first again.

Bus035

Reaction score
Typically the Hawks will draft towards the strength of the draft. 2017 is loaded with pass rushers and secondary. Most of the offensive lineman that are currently projected first round picks are 2nd day prospects in an average draft so I don't think they will go with Ramcyzk, Bolles, Robinson, or Lamp.

My prediction is Takkarist McKinley or Gareon Conley. If both guys are off the board, I see a trade back for Taco Charlton, Obi Melinfonwu, Jabril Peppers, or Zay Jones.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Malik McDowell at our original slot, or at #31 if we trade down. Much needed pass rush from the interior DL. That alone makes any DB's better. Seahawks failing last two years has been lack of interior push. I think Malik can be a John Randle lite.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":1fwwbhzq said:
Kevin king I could live with.. wanted Sydney Jones, maybe pick him up undrafted? Our recent drafts have been a toss up with 1st rounders I think we go o line here by need

Agreed. King would be an excellent addition to the LOB and could start right away.

Josea16

Reaction score
Mixon or some terrible OL guy if they don't just trade down as usual for extra picks that amount to absolutely nothing. This draft is top loaded in the positions we need. So stop with the trading down. overdrafting OL and play to strength of the draft. Go defense any chance you get and get a TE. Especially take advantage of getting Safeties and Cornerbacks whenever possible.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Big Cam Robinson

Big, angry offensive line:
LT Luke Joeckel (6'6, 310)
LG Mark Glowinski (6'4, 310)
C Justin Britt (6'6, 325)
RG Germain Ifedi (6'6, 325)
RT Cam Robinson (6'6, 325)

But if Garett Bolles or Ryan Ramczyk was available, I would take either of them in a heartbeat.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Trade down to 31 with Atlanta and they will select Bolles. If I'm correct I get to attend mod meetings with Si.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tick...tick...tick.....

On another note, how many times are we gonna' see these guys, just days away from the draft doing something stupid to ruin their draft stock? Holy hell :?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
jblaze":38a9s5r8 said:
New rumor from Tony Pauline via twitter:

Article: http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-f ... swap-picks

Text:

"Sources have told us the Atlanta Falcons (31st pick) and Seattle Seahawks (26th pick) are discussing swapping first-round picks. It’s a trade many think will ultimately occur, in large part due to the relationship between Falcons head coach Dan Quinn and his former employer.

I’m told the compensation for the swap is likely to end up being a fourth-round pick."

Only problem I see is that a late 4th is not enough for this trade back. Jimmie Johnson's chart puts #26 at 700 and #31 at 600 so that equates to a late 3rd rounder (95 overall) and ironically enough, we made this exact same trade last year for a late third.

I wouldn't do it for a late 4th but I would for the late 3rd. The pick @ 31 would be Bolles per Pauline.

When I heard about this, I thought this made a lot of sense. In fact, this is exactly the kind of scenario that I already predicted that John Schneider would try to pull off tomorrow if Bolles falls -- trade down to the bottom of the 1st or the upper half of the 2nd Round to try to nab him there.

AND it would make a ton of sense from the standpoint that you know Schneider and company want at least 1 pick in that 4th and 5th Round range. They would love as much draft capital as possible -- if for nothing else than to use as trade bait as the draft rolls along. If Rob's contention is correct that the Seahawks view the sweet spot of this draft being in that pick 30 to 50 range ... given the fact that they already have three 3rd round picks ... I could easily see a scenario where they jockey for position to draft twice in that range. Trade down and get Bolles at 31 ... and then perhaps trade up and get Sidney Jones in the early 2nd Round. I could easily see that happening.

If they can't swing a deal and end up staying put at #26, my best guess would be Kevin King is their guy there at that point. That said, I think trade down is the Seahawks preference and what they attempt to do first and foremost at #26.

randomation

Reaction score
Obi King or maybe Watt if both are gone and none of Bolles Ram or Lamp are still there as is expected.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":39iz2pyu said:
I love King at 26. So that probably means we go a completely different direction. I think I've hated every first pick we've ever selected except Okung.

Alternatives in order of preference

2011: Wanted Muhammad Wilkerson or Jabaal Sheard
2012: Wanted Fletcher Cox or Shea McClellin
2013: Wanted Sio Moore, Arthur Brown or Eddie Lacy
2014: Wanted Joel Bitonio, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry
2015: Wanted Frank Clark (other options all taken just ahead of us)
2016: Wanted Shon Coleman, Javon Hargrave or Jarran Reed

You hated the Earl Thomas pick ? Good lord man.

I hope we go Kevin King. We need him whether we keep Sherman or not.

If the Hawks are willing to overlook the arm length requirement as has been surmised to grab a Nickle/slot CB, you can get one of those in the 3rd round.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2927c7hu said:
I love King at 26. So that probably means we go a completely different direction. I think I've hated every first pick we've ever selected except Okung.

Alternatives in order of preference

2011: Wanted Muhammad Wilkerson or Jabaal Sheard
2012: Wanted Fletcher Cox or Shea McClellin
2013: Wanted Sio Moore, Arthur Brown or Eddie Lacy
2014: Wanted Joel Bitonio, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry
2015: Wanted Frank Clark (other options all taken just ahead of us)
2016: Wanted Shon Coleman, Javon Hargrave or Jarran Reed

And Thomas I think we had two first round picks that year. I agree reaching on an O-lineman when you can get a potential all pro on defense is just stupid.

SubHawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking they trade out of the first and take J'Dinkalage Morgoone with their first pick in the second round. :D :D :D