Prediction for Power Rankings

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think the Broncos will jump ahead of the Seahawks in most Power Rankings even though we both won.

Just want to prepare some of you who melt down over things like this.

The Broncos just look unbeatable, while the Seahawks are struggling in some phases of the game and still finding ways to win.

Honestly, the Broncos look better right now, so it's nothing to get upset over.

Kooshster

Reaction score
Completely agree, and deservedly so.

That being said, I don't care. So long as we keep beating the teams that are in front of us, we'll get to the promised land. :)

Laloosh

Reaction score
If anybody has SEA at #1 after the clinics Peyton has put on, they're either crazy or they're a SEA fan.

SEA fans are immune to my criticism on this, however.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
yea, Denver is clearly the best team right now. They look unstoppable. They should be #1

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I agree about the Ranking,

But they've beat up some cupcakes!!!!. The Ravens, Giants, Raiders, and Eagles anre a combined 4-12 lol!

keasley45

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3vr94122 said:
If anybody has SEA at #1 after the clinics Peyton has put on, they're either crazy or they're a SEA fan.

I'd put the donkeys ahead of us too, but i'm getting soooo sick of all the swooning over Manning. They haven't beaten anyone. And yes, you can only play the schedule presented to you, but folks (the media) don't seem to be factoring that in when looking at what they've done. They've played the Ravens who are VERY suspect and are 2and2, the Raiders who are 1and3, the Giants (0and4), and the Eagles (1and3). That's a combined record of 4-12 (2 wins came from one team) against some of the poorest defenses in the league - yes, the Ravens D isnt all its cracked up to be. Is Manning having a great year? sure. But i'd be curious to see how well he does against a quality NFL defense who lays him on his ass a couple of times. I'm personally much more impressed with what the Patriots are doing.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
IMO if we played teams like the Jags every week, we would look unstoppable. /whisper Denver has played garbage team so far

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
5280Hawk":2f3r4x9h said:

But they've beat up some cupcakes!!!!. The Ravens, Giants, Raiders, and Eagles anre a combined 4-12 lol!

Well by strength of schedule, Denver has the easiest schedule in the league this year. And teams like the Ravens and Giants were supposed to be the hard games. They are going to be beating up a bunch of cupcakes.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
#2 isn't so bad...could be much worse if not for the 2 close wins...

But wins are wins...and i'll take them however we can get them....

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Frankly, I wish they didn't even do NFL power rankings. I think they are completely useless. That said, I have no issue with Denver coming in ahead of us. They look to be playing more complete games at this time, even tho they have played some questionable opposition so far.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Broncos look good cause they've been playing at home and against cupcakes. Their only road game was against a horrible, horrible Giants team who was able to hang around with the Broncos until the 4th quarter.

The Broncos are really good, but they are beatable and will lose some games.

lobohawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3nfjk3g2 said:
5280Hawk":3nfjk3g2 said:

Well by strength of schedule, Denver has the easiest schedule in the league this year. And teams like the Ravens and Giants were supposed to be the hard games. They are going to be beating up a bunch of cupcakes.

Not just cupcakes, but cupcakes with bad defenses and are prone to turnovers.

drdiags

Reaction score
Denver is #1 in my book just based on how they looked in their games. The defense hasn't looked bad and the offense is humming along with Manning. The running game has even been respectable. I think what will probably get some Seahawks fans is when the Patriots start climbing in many of the polls. They just have a longer history of being well respected nation wide. I see them rising in some of the polls. The Seahawks had a tough start to the Texans game and their offensive performance will start to chip away from their image of dominance.

I suspect if that happens, there will be a lot of posts about how stupid the pollsters are.

Laloosh

Reaction score
keasley45":3hgh3s17 said:
E.C. Laloosh":3hgh3s17 said:

I'd put the donkeys ahead of us too, but i'm getting soooo sick of all the swooning over Manning. They haven't beaten anyone. And yes, you can only play the schedule presented to you, but folks (the media) don't seem to be factoring that in when looking at what they've done. They've played the Ravens who are VERY suspect and are 2and2, the Raiders who are 1and3, the Giants (0and4), and the Eagles (1and3). That's a combined record of 4-12 (2 wins came from one team) against some of the poorest defenses in the league - yes, the Ravens D isnt all its cracked up to be. Is Manning having a great year? sure. But i'd be curious to see how well he does against a quality NFL defense who lays him on his ass a couple of times. I'm personally much more impressed with what the Patriots are doing.

I understand what you're saying. Hard to fault Denver for their schedule though. They look really good.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I too fully expect Denver to be ahead of us. This is a power poll, based on the play of teams thus far, not an indication of necessarily who is the best or who will win it all. Denver has outplayed all their opponents and their offense is on fire. I still think we can beat them, but as far a power polls are concerned, Denver has to be number 1 for this week.

I also think that Indianapolis will sneak up and likely be a top 5 or 6 team, making this weeks match-up more intriguing than it may have otherwise been.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
One thing to remember is that Denver is gonna slow down at least a little bit when the bad weather hits. Peyton has never been a great bad weather QB, and there will be games where they aren't going to be able to throw for 400+ yards

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Denver is a great team, but they've played 3/4 of their games at home and have played three awful teams (OAK, PHI, NY) and one disappointing one (BAL). I'm not crowning them.

Latest posts