Prediction: next head coach….Kafka

Ozzy

Reaction score
It’s a wildcard but everything in John’s history points to Mike Kafta being the guy. A young offensive mind, he’s helped quarterbacks, the idea that if you get a young Quarterback you want some continuity with your staff to help him grow etc points to an offensive guy and that’s my prediction.

Am I crazy?

PS if I had a second option it would be Macdonald.

Rat

Reaction score
Certainly a swing for the fences, but I've thought for a while that Kafka would make a good coach someday. I wouldn't complain if that's the choice.

I thought he did pretty well with an extremely difficult assignment, managing that Giants offense last year. He had undrafted free agent rookie QB Tommy Devito looking passable for a while, and I admire the way they didn't give up after the early season couldn't have gone much worse.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
He's been mentioned as not being very happy in NY. Could see both Macdonald and Kafka in Seattle.

I would love Macdonald and would lean that way if I was in charge. I would be good with Kafka though too.

James in PA

Reaction score
This guy agrees about Kafka. Skip to the 12:30 mark for his prediction and reasoning.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure about that. I can see your points as valid and I watched the video as well from the 12:30 mark, but I'm just not sure if I agree that he'll be the next HC.

Just to clarify though, if John picks Kafka to be the next HC I'll wait and see how it goes before I start bashing him or anything. At least it won't be a retread, I really hope they don't try to do their whole "reclamation project" on a HC.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure about that. I can see your points as valid and I watched the video as well from the 12:30 mark, but I'm just not sure if I agree that he'll be the next HC.

Just to clarify though, if John picks Kafka to be the next HC I'll wait and see how it goes before I start bashing him or anything. At least it won't be a retread, I really hope they don't try to do their whole "reclamation project" on a HC.

It’s a long shot and I wouldn’t put money on it but I’m guessing John like Johnson and Kafka in that order. It’s even more likely he’s buying time for Macdonald but gotta have some fun with this stuff

seabowl

Reaction score
What that you specifically know shows that he is worthy of a HC job?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Kafka is supposedly dry and boring, so who knows!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The last scheduled interview is Saturday, so it's possible we may hear something after that. Kafka had his second interview yesterday, apparently.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’m super high on him he just fits the mood of what Green Bay did during John’s learning days while there. He’s done good work and is highly regarded on the offensive side of the ball. The Giants had a terrible line, injured QB, zero receiver weapons and yet he still had them looking functional at times. He would probably do really well with Seattles weapons. He just feels like it’s a year early but he’s the next or one of the best young superstar candidates. Maybe John tries to get him a year early and capitalize. I still think he favors Johnson but Washington probably gets him.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’m super high on him he just fits the mood of what Green Bay did during John’s learning days while there. He’s done good work and is highly regarded on the offensive side of the ball. The Giants had a terrible line, injured QB, zero receiver weapons and yet he still had them looking functional at times. He would probably do really well with Seattles weapons. He just feels like it’s a year early but he’s the next or one of the best young superstar candidates. Maybe John tries to get him a year early and capitalize. I still think he favors Johnson but Washington probably gets him.
What he did at Kansas City was pretty good. I folks are a little down on him due to NY being a dumpster fire. Not really his fault though.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
And people multiple guys have come from below average situations and excelled. Lefluer(sp) is a good example of this

Rat

Reaction score
He's an Andy Reid protegee who was Patrick Mahomes' QB coach for his first four seasons in the league. I'm not going to try to claim that he made Mahomes, but it is certainly a positive that he had an active, front-row seat to the start of that dynasty. I thought he did a respectable job the past two years with the Giants given what little he had to work with. They could have completely imploded early this past season, but managed to keep things afloat.

If you want to gamble on an up-and-coming guy, he seems as strong a candidate as any. Rams made a similar gamble with McVay, and that has sure paid off.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If the options 2 weeks ago had been this guy, Morris or Pete. I’d been 1000% keep Pete.