Prediction: next head coach….Kafka

sutz

Reaction score
The next Seahawks coach is on one of the teams still in the playoffs.
Otherwise, he would have been already hired.
Very possible. I assume they are looking at a couple of them, at least.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
The next Seahawks coach is on one of the teams still in the playoffs.
Otherwise, he would have been already hired.

It’s a fair point. I think John wants Ben Johnson but may not get him. He’s gotta ride it out to see. With only two openings left he can be patient now. They may want Macdonald though too

CPHawk

Reaction score
It’s a fair point. I think John wants Ben Johnson but may not get him. He’s gotta ride it out to see. With only two openings left he can be patient now. They may want Macdonald though too
I’m not understanding the Washington love for him though? They don’t have DK, JSN and Lockett? We also have K9 and Charbs. And Geno isn’t the greatest, but he can be effective in the right system.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he get him? The only gig left besides ours is the Commanders, which would be a horrible place to go when compared to the situation we can offer. Or do you think he's content where he's at?

I actually think that Pete will be an asset, especially for an offensive minded HC who's going to need some help on the defensive side of the ball. I know that if it were me, that I wouldn't mind having someone with his knowledge and experience to consult with.

Rat

Reaction score
I’m not understanding the Washington love for him though? They don’t have DK, JSN and Lockett? We also have K9 and Charbs. And Geno isn’t the greatest, but he can be effective in the right system.
In the NFC East, he gets to coach against McCarthy and Sirianni instead of Shanahan and McVay. He'd also have better draft picks and more cap space to do what he wants in DC.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Please no. There are better options I believe. I’m just looking at the giants and nothing to me shows he has what it takes

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he get him? The only gig left besides ours is the Commanders, which would be a horrible place to go when compared to the situation we can offer. Or do you think he's content where he's at?

I actually think that Pete will be an asset, especially for an offensive minded HC who's going to need some help on the defensive side of the ball. I know that if it were me, that I wouldn't mind having someone with his knowledge and experience to consult with.
All reports seek to indicate that’s where he wants to coach. East coast guy, connection to the NC QB who they will probably take at #2 and new ownership.

12forlife

Reaction score
It’s a wildcard but everything in John’s history points to Mike Kafta being the guy. A young offensive mind, he’s helped quarterbacks, the idea that if you get a young Quarterback you want some continuity with your staff to help him grow etc points to an offensive guy and that’s my prediction.

Am I crazy?

PS if I had a second option it would be Macdonald.
I hope you are very wrong on Kafka. I don't see him as a leader of men? What has NY done that impresses you in the slightest?
Totally agree it is the winning formula to have a Coach & QB in lock step

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I hope you are very wrong on Kafka. I don't see him as a leader of men? What has NY done that impresses you in the slightest?
Totally agree it is the winning formula to have a Coach & QB in lock step

Mahomes credits him for helping him and the giants were terrible talent wise yet he had them at least being functional.film guys really like what they saw. Seahawks resident film guy Griff said anfter Johnson he’s his second favorite offensive candidate. Again it’s mostly because of his reputation that I think John could hire him. But your concern is fair, we don’t really know if he can lead a team. My guess is they would pair him with a DC or OC who has head coaching experience like the Rams did with McVay.

knownone

Reaction score
Seems plausible. Kafka fits the Mcvay/McCarthy mold. He was basically Andy Reid's protege for a decade, so he has the pedigree and tangible connections to JS. He's not the sexy hire, though. And of all the remaining candidates, he probably has the most risk, along with Slowik.

bigcc

Reaction score
Some of you have lost your ******* minds

WILL it be Kafka? Maybe, but I ******* hope not, and it's beyond me why literally a single person here would be happy we got rid of Pete for him unless they're 9ers fans running a psyop.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Some of you have lost your ******* minds

WILL it be Kafka? Maybe, but I ******* hope not, and it's beyond me why literally a single person here would be happy we got rid of Pete for him unless they're 9ers fans running a psyop.

lol I’m not saying it’s what I would do I’m saying I think there’s a chance it happens

bigcc

Reaction score
lol I’m not saying it’s what I would do I’m saying I think there’s a chance it happens
Oh fair enough, that's why I mentioned it might be too.

He wouldn't have gotten a second interview if he wasn't a realistic possibility, but I REALLY hope not.