Prediction: The 9ers lose the next two divisional games

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2sfe4lc7 said:
Marvin49":2sfe4lc7 said:
Its just funny to me to read you dumping dirt on the grave of a 4-0 team. LOL.
Congrats on beating teams with a combined 5-15 record, .250 win %.
Do they hand out trophies for that after 4 games? Asking for a friend.

But hey, don’t let me get in the way of your planning of a Super Bowl parade next Feb.

Ok Einstein let's use your math since my troglodyte math doesn't work for you.

"Congrats on beating teams with a combined 4-13 record". .30 win % OMG you guys a definitely going to the SB with that record.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pzf4gyv said:
It's too bad that Hernia has to explain actual simple math to a Niners fan, but none of us should be surprised.
Though there are plenty of good Niners fans on here who understand football.

No need to explain but in typical Sports fashion he makes a statement and when he's called on it he changes it.

He said the teams the 49ers have beaten not played.

Yes Hawks played two teams above .500, but only beaten one. Rams are .600. Your only win against a team above .500

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2fm9dd65 said:
Marvin49":2fm9dd65 said:
Maulbert":2fm9dd65 said:
Marvin49":2fm9dd65 said:
Classic Hernia.

Total Troll.

Intentionally attributing words to me that I didn't remotely say in order to act as tho he is the reasonable one when in fact he's doing what he always does...make sh*t up.

Thanks again for contributing absolutely nothing of value to the conversation.

I'll tell ya what tho Hernia, if you can find a single place where I have suggested that the 49ers 4-0 start would culminate in a Super Bowl win this year, I'll never call you a troll again. Go head.

I'll wait.

Hernia is not a troll. He's posting on a Seahawks forum. C'mon, Marvin, I know you're smarter than Washington49er and NINEster.

Maulbert, I respect ya, but I have to disagree.

It doesn't matter who is a fan of what team. All the dude does is instigate. Never lends anything to the debate. I got no issue whatsoever with people disagreeing with me. I mean, hell, why would I be here otherwise?

That dude tho does nothing but misrepresent, act as if he's made some point based on that misrepresentation, and then runs away.

In my book, that's a troll.

There is nothing wrong with being a troll, its a free country, but I'm going to call it what it is.
If my posts hurt your feelings and your fragile little ego, you could use the “foe” feature.............or just leave.

Thanx for illustrating my point. Still waiting for an example of my saying the Niners were going to the Super Bowl or for anything of substance from you.

My hunch is it'll be a really long wait.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":p1zpbqry said:
Marvin49":p1zpbqry said:
Sports Hernia":p1zpbqry said:
Marvin49":p1zpbqry said:
Its just funny to me to read you dumping dirt on the grave of a 4-0 team. LOL.

But hey, don’t let me get in the way of your planning of a Super Bowl parade next Feb.

Classic Hernia.

Total Troll.

Intentionally attributing words to me that I didn't remotely say in order to act as tho he is the reasonable one when in fact he's doing what he always does...make sh*t up.

I'll tell ya what tho Hernia, if you can find a single place where I have suggested that the 49ers 4-0 start would culminate in a Super Bowl win this year, I'll never call you a troll again. Go head.

I'll wait.
Glass houses and stones MARV. I’m not the one posting on a Niners forum.
You’re a master projectionist.

Other than calling you a troll, I'd like to see an example of me posting for the sole purpose of inciting.

Instead, you'll deflect, obfuscate the subject, suggest it is in fact everyone else who is trolling, and generally just be a waste of space.

You aren't "hurting my feelings", you don't have that power, but when you troll, I'm gonna say you are trolling. It's that simple.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":2yudokk4 said:
SoulfishHawk":2yudokk4 said:
It's too bad that Hernia has to explain actual simple math to a Niners fan, but none of us should be surprised.

No need to explain but in typical Sports fashion he makes a statement and when he's called on it he changes it.

Yes Hawks played two teams above .500, but only beaten one. Rams are .600. Your only win against a team above .500
1 < 0 troglodyte.
Simple math.

Like I told your buddy Marv, don’t let me get in the way of your Super Bowl parade planning.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":n0zl3n1t said:
Sports Hernia":n0zl3n1t said:
Marvin49":n0zl3n1t said:
Sports Hernia":n0zl3n1t said:

Classic Hernia.

Total Troll.

I'll wait.
Glass houses and stones MARV. I’m not the one posting on a Niners forum.
You’re a master projectionist.

Other than calling you a troll, I'd like to see an example of me posting for the sole purpose of inciting.

Instead, you'll deflect, obfuscate the subject, suggest it is in fact everyone else who is trolling, and generally just be a waste of space.

You aren't "hurting my feelings", you don't have that power, but when you troll, I'm gonna say you are trolling. It's that simple.
Again, you are projecting, and you know it.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":q23qwsx6 said:
Washington49er":q23qwsx6 said:
SoulfishHawk":q23qwsx6 said:

1 < 0 troglodyte.
Simple math.

Like I told your buddy Marv, don’t let me get in the way of your Super Bowl parade planning.

Okay thanks Richard

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1wo0cgbg said:
Sports Hernia":1wo0cgbg said:
Marvin49":1wo0cgbg said:
Maulbert":1wo0cgbg said:
Hernia is not a troll. He's posting on a Seahawks forum. C'mon, Marvin, I know you're smarter than Washington49er and NINEster.

It doesn't matter who is a fan of what team. All the dude does is instigate. Never lends anything to the debate. I got no issue whatsoever with people disagreeing with me. I mean, hell, why would I be here otherwise?

That dude tho does nothing but misrepresent, act as if he's made some point based on that misrepresentation, and then runs away.

There is nothing wrong with being a troll, its a free country, but I'm going to call it what it is.
If my posts hurt your feelings and your fragile little ego, you could use the “foe” feature.............or just leave.

Thanx for illustrating my point. Still waiting for an example of my saying the Niners were going to the Super Bowl or for anything of substance from you.

You're getting pissed because you can’t control the conversation, then whine and cry like the snowflake you are because you are not getting your way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":uxg83fpf said:
Marvin49":uxg83fpf said:
Sports Hernia":uxg83fpf said:
Marvin49":uxg83fpf said:

You're getting pissed because you can’t control the conversation, then whine and cry like the snowflake you are because you are not getting your way.

Still waiting.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":ia2letgg said:
Sports Hernia":ia2letgg said:
Washington49er":ia2letgg said:
SoulfishHawk":ia2letgg said:

1 < 0 troglodyte.
Simple math.

Okay thanks Richard

Anytime you need math lesions Troglodyte let me know. I’ll charge you double.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":7jy6ifwr said:
Sports Hernia":7jy6ifwr said:
Marvin49":7jy6ifwr said:
Sports Hernia":7jy6ifwr said:

Still waiting.
I’ll repost this since you missed it.....

“You're getting pissed because you can’t control the conversation, then whine and cry like the snowflake you are because you are not getting your way”.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1gc2zvgz said:
Marvin49":1gc2zvgz said:
Sports Hernia":1gc2zvgz said:
Marvin49":1gc2zvgz said:

Still waiting.

“You're getting pissed because you can’t control the conversation, then whine and cry like the snowflake you are because you are not getting your way”.

No bearing. Still waiting for you to show me the example.

If you aren't gonna do it, then just say so. That's it. Just be honest.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great post. Good reasoning, and I think you're spot on.

Who have the 49ers beaten? The Browns handed them the ball at least 3 times, one on the goal line negating 3 to 7 points. The talent is there for SF, the coaching is there, but they're still coming together as a complete team. And that's what will be the deciding factor.

For example, Cleveland's DLine had GAPING holes to run through, because they don't play as a unit. And where was the tackling? SF appeared to block really well, but how much of that was the fact that the Brown's defense was in disarray?

What I think the 49ers have going for them is an elite play caller, and elite defensive talent. When you pick early though, it's easier to pick up that talent.

I don't think Jimmy G is that great, yet. He's relatively inexperienced and hasn't really faced diversity on the field. It's going to be like Kyler Murray coming to the NFL with a history of not losing, then all of a sudden being confronted with the best athletes in the world, and the best coaching staffs in the world.

But even Kliff Kingsbury can get a win when he faces a team that started out all barn burners, but as soon as they start facing diversity, has pretty much given up on the season. The Bengals, much like the Browns, have a lot of talent scattered around their team. Problem is, they aren't playing as a team.

I think once JimmyG gets another year or two under his belt, he's going to either really improve, maybe Top 10, or he's going to hit a brick wall. Nothing in between. I'll be interested to see how he responds when things get really tough. It's all rainbows and unicorns in SF right now. You can tell, because Richard's mouth has started running non-stop.

I still love Sherman, but man, he really needs to mature. The mouthiness was fun when he was on a team that no one expected to do anything, but now it's really starting to get old, because it's based on either half-truths, or downright dishonesty. If you're going to point the finger when you're right, you need take responsibility when you're wrong.

But back to the OP, the 49ers are going to face a buzzsaw against the Rams Defense. LA's main problem is going to be if they can't run the ball. If SF stops the run, with all that 1st round talent on the DLine? It's going to be a laugher. I have faith in McVey though, because as smart as Shanny is, Timothy is smarter. So I'm calling this a loss for SF in another tight game.

Stanley

Reaction score
Losing to the Bucs and barely escaping the Steelers, Bengals, and Rams doesn’t count? Because what, reputation? The 49ers didn’t lose to the Bucs.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Stanley":1dl01ul2 said:
Losing to the Bucs and barely escaping the Steelers, Bengals, and Rams doesn’t count? Because what, reputation? The 49ers didn’t lose to the Bucs.

On here your kidding bro, these guys are only going to see everything through green and blue glasses.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":28xdceky said:
SoulfishHawk":28xdceky said:
Some of us are pretty good at math... I may allegedly still take money to do people’s college math, physics and chemistry homework. Of course I allegedly tell them they will certainly fail their tests, but they allegedly pay me anyway, so I allegedly take their money and do their work in twenty minutes, effectively making $100/hour and up. Allegedly.

Anyway, OP is definitely right about one thing: the 49ers are in trouble without Juice Check. Shanahan’s system is based on making different play calls consistently look the same, and versatile personnel is a big part of that (this is why they draft guys like Jalen Hurd). Juice is so vital to that strategy. He’s an HB, FB and TE all rolled into one. He can even beat linebackers and safeties on the line wide. And yes he makes Jimmy G’s job a lot easier, because he allows the 49ers to dictate to offenses.

I don’t know how Shanahan will compensate. We’ll see. But losing Juice Check is being underestimated by 49er fans I think.

At Niners Nation they're pretty much saying the same thing, albeit understated.

Juice is like adding a variable to a differential equation, which is (simplistically) an equation with multiple variables that gets exponentially more difficult the more variables there are. And Juice himself is multi-variate.

I personally don't see Shanny putting in Dwelley at that spot for the whole of the interim because the advantage of the "surprise" variable is gone. Eye test only, but I expect more drops and missed blocks from him, especially in a role that he's not used to being in. I think Shan will probably bring in multiple sets to try to compensate, and it could work starting Sunday against the Rams D and maybe others, but not against SEA.

For the 9ers to have a chance that day requires more than Juice to be back (if he is, it'll be his first game back with the rust). They're going against a QB who is himself a pile of differential equations (see the Rams game) with far less predictability than Jimmy G on what he's gonna do on plays. Even then you could get in a situation due to defensive strength where the FG unit could just clinch and seal the win (as occurred repeatedly with the 9ers in 2013), but in this case the 9ers FG unit is unstable even if the K is not. They might well have to look seriously at activating someone in w10 who just served almost a Burfict-length suspension for drugs or go with the pieces they have.

Regarding SEA, the best insurance they can build on here is fortifying their QB and K positions. There will likely be a lot of garbage time that can be used to test Geno and perhaps bring a K/P along if he doesn't already exist on the PS as those are your most critical positions.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1b56mlcv said:
Sports Hernia":1b56mlcv said:
Marvin49":1b56mlcv said:
Sports Hernia":1b56mlcv said:

Still waiting.

No bearing.

Just be honest.
No bearing? ... bullshit, it’s the root of your issues.

Be honest? ... take your own advice there snowflake.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21751ye8 said:
LOL, Sherman...

"He definitely deserves an apology, and my bad on that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-apology/

Just confirms what I've always said about Sherm. If there is no chip on his shoulder, he'll create one out of whole cloth. It's how he amps up. I love him, doesn't mean I don't see through him.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":20v69n13 said:
LOL, Sherman...

"He definitely deserves an apology, and my bad on that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-apology/

I'll be honest here, that was a really bad look on Sherm the "Stanford graduate all pro No. 1 corner who is better in life than you."

Now he's saying he's gonna apologize. Now, after the handshake was broadcast on the 49ers jumbotron and captured on multiple phones and went viral on Twitter. Even Sherm 2013 wasn't like this. His calling out Bayliss and later Crabtree, matters of opinion. But here, he called out Mayfield for something that Mayfield didn't even do, when he could have just called him a sorry young QB who tried him and that's what he's gonna get.

Sherm's gonna end up big wherever he goes next in a couple years. Broadcasting, politics, tech, whatever. And he gets so much time because he's Uncle Sherm now. This was hardly avuncular, and as a longtime fan of the player, I'm pretty disappointed in him.