Rams @ Hawks

NINEster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2cq90dc3 said:
Clearly I was wrong on Goff, he looks solid. That being said, the way people are crowning him a Super Bowl champion after 4 weeks is hilarious. Behind THAT o line with THOSE receivers? Makes his job pretty easy. But, he makes good decisions and can clearly play. F the Rams still though :lol:

Rams are talented and have a solid team with good coach. On paper they probably are the best team in the NFL.

The danger with young teams is not knowing if they are fully mature to handle the big spotlight, especially if they are more offense based than defense.

Will be interesting to see how things play out.

12thbrah

Reaction score
This is the Rams all-in year with Goff still on a rookie contract. They will lose a lot of good players starting next season. Right now though this team is stacked and if they don't win it all this year it will be a wasted season. Hope the Hawks can keep it close.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Actually, the funny part will be the Rams will 'shut down' this offense (we will shut ourselves down more likely) and everyone will start talking about how the Rams defense is now 'fixed'.

Then the very next game, the Rams will give up a bunch of points to the Broncos and everyone will be confused because the Broncos are not very good.

This is one of those games you probably don't want to pay money to attend.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
12thbrah":34994qcf said:
This is the Rams all-in year with Goff still on a rookie contract. They will lose a lot of good players starting next season. Right now though this team is stacked and if they don't win it all this year it will be a wasted season. Hope the Hawks can keep it close.

Actually, they seem to be in pretty good shape there. Goff and Kupp have 3 years left on their rookie deals. Woods has 4 years. Cooks and Gurley have 5 or 6 years. Starting LT, C and RG has two years. They just extended the RT. Starting LG has been on record saying money isn't the most important thing. Where he plays is.

On defense, Donald locked up long term. Peters and Talib have a couple seasons left. Brockers has a couple more. They still have the franchise tag option if they want to bring back FS Joyner. SS Johnson still has 3 years left on his rookie deal. Slot corner Robey-Coleman has 3 years. LB's are all early in their careers with several years left. But its also possible they want to upgrade there.

Suh took less money to play with a contender. No reason to think he wouldn't take another similar deal if its amicable to both parties.

All in all the Rams are in good shape for minimum 3 years. And that is really all you can expect from any team. Several key players are signed even longer. I know its nice to think the Rams window will close after this year. But the reality is, they're set up to compete for a lot longer. Well into the 2020's.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Don't want to pay $ to attend? Screw that mess, thru thick and thin, I'll be in my seat pulling for my team.
Makes me think of last year when people were saying we would get smoked at home by the eventual Super Bowl Champs. I don't expect a win, but to skip a game because you think they will get blown out? Seems pretty next level fair weather. But hey, do you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We? What position do you play :lol:
Just messin, I could see a close game, but certainly the Rams are capable of putting up a ridiculous amount of points.

ducks41468

Reaction score
This is exactly the kind of game we inexplicably win by multiple TD's, then never play nearly as well again and finish 8-8

Rat

Reaction score
We're probably going to get obliterated.

But I've seen so many thrilling down-to-the-last second Seahawks vs Rams games, I won't be shocked if it becomes surprisingly close either. I hope it ends up being on TV where I live, but I'm guessing I'll have to find a stream again.

Steve2222

Reaction score
ducks41468":16im8m8o said:
This is exactly the kind of game we inexplicably win by multiple TD's, then never play nearly as well again and finish 8-8

There’s zero chance we beat the Rams by multiple TDs lol.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have come off the ledge a bit on my thoughts regarding this upcoming game. I think being at home moves the needle closer to making this a legitimately competitive game. No question, Russ needs to play the best game of the season so far and same with our defense. I still will offer this game up as a loss, but I don't sense it will be a blowout as I initially thought.

The Rams are due a loss and why not against the team that has owned them for the better part of a decade?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":rt6eoawo said:
Actually, the funny part will be the Rams will 'shut down' this offense (we will shut ourselves down more likely) and everyone will start talking about how the Rams defense is now 'fixed'.

Then the very next game, the Rams will give up a bunch of points to the Broncos and everyone will be confused because the Broncos are not very good.

This is one of those games you probably don't want to pay money to attend.

What's crazy is this narrative about the Rams defense.

The Chargers, Raiders and Cardinals have all scored more in each game than they scored against us. We've still allowed the 5th or 6th fewest points (depending on teams with early bye weeks). And we're one of only two teams to shut someone out after GB did it to Buffalo on Sunday.

The defense had some issues the past two weeks but all in all still a great start.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Aros":2gdk8kg1 said:
I have come off the ledge a bit on my thoughts regarding this upcoming game. I think being at home moves the needle closer to making this a legitimately competitive game. No question, Russ needs to play the best game of the season so far and same with our defense. I still will offer this game up as a loss, but I don't sense it will be a blowout as I initially thought.

The Rams are due a loss and why not against the team that has owned them for the better part of a decade?

I initially thought it would be competitive, and I could certainly be wrong here, and I don't mean any disrespect..

But when I saw Earl Thomas go down....I just don't see Seattle having a player that can win their match up at any position except for Wagner.

Being at home should make a difference - but it's hard to imagine this one being close.

That said, I'm sure it won't be as bad as last years game....something like 35-13 with the Rams scoring two TDs in the 2nd half to pull away.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
JRobinson":v4wwcdd9 said:
Shanegotyou11":v4wwcdd9 said:
J why do you troll now when your good? Are you a frontrunner?

Your team is nice and kupp is from ewu. The worst fans.are frontrunners.

First, the word “troll” is laughable.

Second, I joined up here last year if you were to look the the profile ordeal. When you’ve been losing for over a decade, and losing badly, there just isn’t much to say honestly. I’m not really a fantasy player, so the Rams have been and will always be an investment for me.

Thanks for the compliment. Are you familiar with EWU?

Your trying to push Seahawk fans buttons. Thats trolling. And last yr when they got good. Soo your a frontrunner. :)

Yea i live in eastern Washington. My parents live in cheney. (Home of ewu). My dad is a hawks fan but loooooooves kupp. Lol

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ramfan128":17ofxhd0 said:
I initially thought it would be competitive, and I could certainly be wrong here, and I don't mean any disrespect..But when I saw Earl Thomas go down....I just don't see Seattle having a player that can win their match up at any position except for Wagner. Being at home should make a difference - but it's hard to imagine this one being close. That said, I'm sure it won't be as bad as last years game....something like 35-13 with the Rams scoring two TDs in the 2nd half to pull away.

Not so sure about that. The Seahawks are going to be amped up and READY for the Rams. Will that be enough? Who knows? Stranger things have happened (Bills destroying the Vikings anyone?) so I definitely like that this is a home game.

If the Rams still blow us out then crown their asses, I would be okay with that.

But this game is in October. How will they look in January? As a Rams fan, you have to admit that is a valid question.

Heyseed

Reaction score
We've beaten better Rams teams than this :rumble: