Rams @ Hawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just don't get the assuming they will get blown out. But oh well, predictions are like....well you know.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Aros":3l5leyex said:
Ramfan128":3l5leyex said:
I initially thought it would be competitive, and I could certainly be wrong here, and I don't mean any disrespect..But when I saw Earl Thomas go down....I just don't see Seattle having a player that can win their match up at any position except for Wagner. Being at home should make a difference - but it's hard to imagine this one being close. That said, I'm sure it won't be as bad as last years game....something like 35-13 with the Rams scoring two TDs in the 2nd half to pull away.

Not so sure about that. The Seahawks are going to be amped up and READY for the Rams. Will that be enough? Who knows? Stranger things have happened (Bills destroying the Vikings anyone?) so I definitely like that this is a home game.

If the Rams still blow us out then crown their asses, I would be okay with that.

But this game is in October. How will they look in January? As a Rams fan, you have to admit that is a valid question.

That is more than valid.

One potential issue I felt with the playoff game last year was that it was the first time the Rams were on primetime as a "playoff team" - so I'm glad that we have five primetime games this year and I'm glad that the supposed NFC powerhouses are struggling, which puts more of a spotlight on the Rams. I want as much of that exposure as we can get because we're still one of the younger teams in the NFL and while last year was playoff experience, we haven't actually won a playoff game. And without looking it up, I don't think there are many teams in NFL history that went from 0 playoff wins one year to super bowl champ the next.

Obviously there's nothing we can do about January right now though.

I realize I'm on a Seahawks board - and moreover, not even the NFL forum right now - but this is just a tough draw for the Seahawks. Across the board comparing rosters, there's not a player I would trade for on the Seahawks except for Wagner and possibly Clark with our edge rushers disappointing.

When Seattle was the powerhouse and we were coached by Jeff Fisher, we still had an advantage we could exploit with the D Line - I don't really see that for Seattle.

But you're right - I didn't see Buffalo beating Minnesota, and obviously anything is possible - and Seattle has the best home field advantage in the league. I don't think it will be easy, just a tough match up for Seattle.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ramfan128":1qgblt58 said:
Across the board comparing rosters, there's not a player I would trade for on the Seahawks except for Wagner and possibly Clark with our edge rushers disappointing.

First off, great post from a rival fan. However, I can't pass this up. Goff is the shiny new toy (relatively speaking) and having a tremendous start to this season no question but if you point a gun at my family and tell me their lives are dependent on my choice of who is going to be the better QB between Goff and Wilson over the next four years I am saying Russell Wilson without flinching.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It wont be a blowout because the Rams will take their foot off the pedal when the game is in hand (early on). The score wont dictate how lopsided the game truly will be.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow. So, IF the Hawks lose a close game, it's because the Rams were holding back. Not because the Hawks played hard and gave them a good battle. But if the Rams smoke the Hawks, it's because the Hawks suck. Got it.
Rams are the best team in the league, we get it. But my god, this team can do no right by you can they?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Each NFL team is one injury to a star player away from their season being greatly affected, if not making it a total disaster.. Crowning champs, or as some talking heads were claiming the Rams receiver corps could be the best ever before the season is even halfway through is comical.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They already lost Talib, and were supposed to be losing Peters as well. 12 games left in the season, a LOT of things can happen before January.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IIRC, Bobby Wagner played hurt (I believe it was a hamstring issue) during the Rams game last season in Seattle. Gurley ran wild on the Seahawks in that game. A healthy Bobby W. will help contain Gurley as they have been able to do so in the past prior to that game. Who knows KJ Wright may be back as well. Hopefully Kendricks gets another week.

The Seahawks need to be stout upfront because without Thomas back there, the secondary has taken a huge blow. McDougald is fine but the rest are shaky - Thompson, Luani, Hill....yikes. Need their best game from the front 7 in this one.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8yij4ejx said:
Wow. So, IF the Hawks lose a close game, it's because the Rams were holding back. Not because the Hawks played hard and gave them a good battle. But if the Rams smoke the Hawks, it's because the Hawks suck. Got it.
Rams are the best team in the league, we get it. But my god, this team can do no right by you can they?

Lol. Your one of those that feels the Seahawks gave the Panthers a good fight in the 2015 playoffs when they were up 31-0 arent you?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yawn, they almost came back and won that game. Could have folded. And no, I wasn't satisfied with losing a playoff game. Why so miserable all the time?

1. Who says LOL? And 2. It's YOU'RE

rjdriver

Reaction score
Aros":1gk7kvko said:
Ramfan128":1gk7kvko said:
Across the board comparing rosters, there's not a player I would trade for on the Seahawks except for Wagner and possibly Clark with our edge rushers disappointing.

First off, great post from a rival fan. However, I can't pass this up. Goff is the shiny new toy (relatively speaking) and having a tremendous start to this season no question but if you point a gun at my family and tell me their lives are dependent on my choice of who is going to be the better QB between Goff and Wilson over the next four years I am saying Russell Wilson without flinching.

I instinctively was going to post "You wouldn't trade your punter for Dickson?", but then remembered you have Hekker who is solid as well. Not that it really matters, because the Rams don't ever punt.

I'm with Aros though. I love Goff when you consider his salary allows for guys like Suh to play, but salary notwithstanding, I'm respectfully taking Wilson. You do have a solid roster though @Ramfan128, real solid. You have every right to feel like I did in 2013 when we started going through teams like a wet paper bag.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3eiwb3xy said:
Yawn, they almost came back and won that game. Could have folded. And no, I wasn't satisfied with losing a playoff game. Why so miserable all the time?

Soul....your blood pressure doc called and said "the Ram worship thread" was a bad idea.

It's a lost cause, I'm not bothering....trust me. :2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2o872ygf said:

Almost came back and won because the Panthers laid down too early in the 2nd half. Like the Rams, they could have put up 50 on us if they truly wanted.

But hey, keep having hope and thinking of possible ways we could win. Its entertaining. Your not sold on Goff anyways right?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I already said today I was wrong on Goff. Try and keep up. What's entertaining is hearing Debbie Downer assume the worst every single game, every single thread. I feel bad for you really, have a coke and a smile.

it's
you're

nutluck

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum despite that I have been lurking on it for a number of years. I was a fan of the seahawks when they was in the AFC and still like them now, but I am a rams fan first. So I always root for the seahawks except when the play the rams of course.

With that said though, I honestly think the seahawks are a better team than the media thinks, the record shows and apparently a lot of fans on this forum from what I have read. Do I think the rams win Monday? Yes, but that has a lot to do with the rams had off Friday, Saturday and Sunday over what the seahawks had. Which means more time to let players rest and more time for McVay to scheme up some plays against the seakhawks.

I personally think this could be a blowout like last year, a close win or even a seahawks upset. Pete has always managed to get a top 10 defense regardless of the players. So if the Seahawks can keep the Rams from taking a early big lead, establish the run, then let Russel be Russel and attack the middle of the field against the so so LB's then the hawks have a very real chance imho to upset. I was a lot more worried before Dissy I think his name is? The impressive rookie TE, that got hurt in the cards game. He could have been a real issue against the Rams LB's.

But Wagner is back and so is Baldwin which is why I think the game will be closer than a lot of fans from both teams seem to think. Either way I hope it is a good game and both teams make it out with out any injuries.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":6tncouf5 said:
I already said today I was wrong on Goff. Try and keep up. What's entertaining is hearing Debbie Downer assume the worst every single game, every single thread. I feel bad for you really, have a coke and a smile.

it's
you're

You admitted you were wrong? Wow. I didn't see that, but then again I wasn't looking either.

Following the team and predicting what was and is happening for the past 4 or so years doesn't make me or anybody else a Debbie Downer. Just being realistic. Instead of that Coke and a smile, here, try a smelling salts and wake up.

Latest posts