Rams headhunting this weekend?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I think that the chippiness in the last game will help us. Those players will be operating under the knowledge that any extracurricular activities will have fines coming their way after last week's actions.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It is kinda humorous that McDonald launched in an attempt to take Beckhams head off, but missed and hurt his own guy badly.

Same ol' sorry ass Rams.

kearly

Reaction score
Rex":10ginnid said:

I guess you didn't notice that from that same chart, the Rams are the very worst team in the NFL for penalty yardage, and have the most 15 yard penalties in the NFL (you know, the "dirty" kind) with a good margin to spare over second place.

The Seahawks have a lot of penalties all right, but they are mostly of the "derp" variety. Offsides, false start, holding, etc. The Seahawks aren't dirty, but they do love themselves some dumb penalties.

Besides, there is a difference between being a bully and being dirty. Physical teams tend to have more penalties, this has always been true. The last two SB champs led the league in penalties.

Then you have 'fake tough guy' teams who rack up personal fouls to mask how finesse they are. For example, the Chicago Bears. They are one of the most finesse teams in the league under Trestman, but they lead the NFL with 11 penalties for unnecessary roughness.

Rex

Reaction score
kearly":2xx6sc65 said:
Rex":2xx6sc65 said:

I guess you didn't notice that from that same chart, the Rams are the very worst team in the NFL for penalty yardage, and have the most 15 yard penalties in the NFL (you know, the "dirty" kind) with a good margin to spare over second place.

The Seahawks have a lot of penalties all right, but they are mostly of the "derp" variety. Offsides, false start, holding, etc. The Seahawks aren't dirty, but they do love themselves some dumb penalties.

Besides, there is a difference between being a bully and being dirty. Physical teams tend to have more penalties, this has always been true. The last two SB champs led the league in penalties.

Then you have 'fake tough guy' teams who rack up personal fouls to mask how finesse they are. For example, the Chicago Bears. They are one of the most finesse teams in the league under Trestman, but they lead the NFL with 11 penalties for unnecessary roughness.

The Rams are a physical team. Fisher rebuilt the Rams to compete within the NFC West. The roughing the passer penalties are mostly BS and only have a chance at being called when there is pressure. The Rams get pressure. Ask Russell Wilson. :th2thumbs:

253hawk

Reaction score
There's a big difference between game play penalties and sportsmanship penalties though. A false start or defensive holding is nothing like a dirty hit or a cheap shot.

Rams in 2013:
Unsportsmanlike conduct - tied #1
Taunting - tied #1
Unnecessary roughness - tied #5

Rams in 2014 (now with 100% more Gregg Williams):
Taunting - tied #2
Unnecessary roughness - tied #2
Roughing the passer - tied #2
Horse collar tackle - #1

Keepin' that scumbag tradition alive and well. Sure, they're generally small sample sizes, but being near the top in dirtbag penalties across the board and in consecutive seasons shows a complete lack of discipline and/or indifference by the players and the coaching staff. Or else it's entirely intentional, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

morgulon1

Reaction score
eric12401":1z0gjuxq said:
Giants fan here. I hope you guys beat the living snot out of the Shams. That was one of the most obvious games where a player was being targeted to be injured. Late hits, the brawl, dirty play. Watching our kicker Josh Brown mule kick another Sham in the face was a beautiful sight to see. Fisher said he doesn't expect any of his players to receive fines and that the Giants should look at themselves in the mirror since they "started it all." Once again, please beat the living snot out of them!
I'll be rooting for you guys in the playoffs.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :0190l:

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Rex

Reaction score
253hawk":324mhqfz said:
There's a big difference between game play penalties and sportsmanship penalties though. A false start or defensive holding is nothing like a dirty hit or a cheap shot.

Rams in 2013:
Taunting - tied #1

Taunting - tied #2
Horse collar tackle - #1

Keepin' that scumbag tradition alive and well. Sure, they're generally small sample sizes, but being near the top in dirtbag penalties across the board and in consecutive seasons shows a complete lack of discipline and/or indifference by the players and the coaching staff. Or else it's entirely intentional, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I get it. I really do. You're afraid the meany Rams are going to play extremely physical and even if the Seahawks win the battle they may well lose the war because of it. Good. You should be. Rams want to be where the Seahawks are now and all signs are its going to happen soon.

253hawk

Reaction score
I'm only afraid of BS injuries from The Greatest S***show on Turf. Nothing more. Hopefully the refs keep that crap in check this time around before it escalates like it did last time and was an absolute embarrassment to the league.

What's going to happen soon? You'll break .500?

2014 6-10
2013 7-9
2012 7-8-1
2011 2-14
2010 7-9
2009 1-15
2008 2-14
2007 3-13
2006 8-8
2005 6-10
2004 8-8

Rex

Reaction score
253hawk":1f2olq5q said:
I'm only afraid of BS injuries from The Greatest S***show on Turf. Nothing more. Hopefully the refs keep that crap in check this time around before it escalates like it did last time and was an absolute embarrassment to the league.

What's going to happen soon? You'll break .500?

2014 6-10
2013 7-9
2012 7-8-1
2011 2-14
2010 7-9
2009 1-15
2008 2-14
2007 3-13
2006 8-8
2005 6-10
2004 8-8

Really? As if I didn't know the Rams record for the last 11 years? :177692:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rex":1yvu37mi said:
Yet the Seahawks have lead the league in penalties for the last two seasons. ;)
Largely due to stupid pre-snap penalties. Not the "putting players on IR" types that the Rams seem to specialize in, despite the Seahawks defense being the hardest-hitting unit in all of sports. If Kam Chancellor played like the Rams defenders tend to, he'd literally end someone's season every single week throughout the year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Rams are terrible enough to get multiple high draft picks EVERY year yet here they are, reduced to a steaming pile of Hank.

I hope they do try the same shit as last week, and last year, at least they are consistent at that AND losing.... :lol:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Rex":3soxhm6k said:
The Rams are a physical team. Fisher rebuilt the Rams to compete within the NFC West. The roughing the passer penalties are mostly BS and only have a chance at being called when there is pressure. The Rams get pressure. Ask Russell Wilson. :th2thumbs:

How's that going for you a chara?
Maybe next year though, with Bradford healthy you may make a run!! ;)

Attachments

• b.png
    b.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 1,231
  • c.png
    c.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 1,231
  • d.png
    d.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 1,225

Rex

Reaction score
HawksSoc":3sjyvari said:
Rex":3sjyvari said:

How's that going for you mo chara?
Maybe next year though, with Bradford healthy you may make a run!!

Thats the hope whether with Bradford or not.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Rams are not an issue. This is a final tune-up game before we get a week off. Steamroller is right on track. If anything, I feel bad for the Rams O.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Just heard this stat Rex, Fisher has coached in the NFL for 19 seasons, he has been UNDER .500 in 13 of those 19, thoughts?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rex":2cwwn5a9 said:
253hawk":2cwwn5a9 said:

Rams in 2013:
Taunting - tied #1

Taunting - tied #2
Horse collar tackle - #1

I get it. I really do. You're afraid the meany Rams are going to play extremely physical and even if the Seahawks win the battle they may well lose the war because of it. Good. You should be. Rams want to be where the Seahawks are now and all signs are its going to happen soon.

So, you want to spout statistics, yet when someone else shows you that the Rams have the most dirty penalties, it's "bs". Then, you're trying to say we're "afraid of the meany Rams". The only thing we're "afraid" of is one of your dirty ass players trying to take one of our guys knees out. Just goes to show how dumb you really are; go back and look at all your posts...you change stories then just claim "bs". Go have another Coors Light, Cleetus. We're going to curb stomp your cheap and dirty team.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Rex":wqm3jobf said:
253hawk":wqm3jobf said:

Rams in 2013:
Taunting - tied #1

Taunting - tied #2
Horse collar tackle - #1

There's nothing mean about taking cheap shots or playing after the whistle. Any idiot can do that.