Rams headhunting this weekend?

Rex

Reaction score
HawksSoc":15ec54u1 said:
Just heard this stat Rex, Fisher has coached in the NFL for 19 seasons, he has been UNDER .500 in 13 of those 19, thoughts?

16 of those seasons were working for Bud Adams.

Rex

Reaction score
Hawks46":1xo286p2 said:
Rex":1xo286p2 said:
253hawk":1xo286p2 said:
There's a big difference between game play penalties and sportsmanship penalties though. A false start or defensive holding is nothing like a dirty hit or a cheap shot.

Rams in 2013:
Unsportsmanlike conduct - tied #1
Taunting - tied #1
Unnecessary roughness - tied #5

Rams in 2014 (now with 100% more Gregg Williams):
Taunting - tied #2
Unnecessary roughness - tied #2
Roughing the passer - tied #2
Horse collar tackle - #1

Keepin' that scumbag tradition alive and well. Sure, they're generally small sample sizes, but being near the top in dirtbag penalties across the board and in consecutive seasons shows a complete lack of discipline and/or indifference by the players and the coaching staff. Or else it's entirely intentional, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I get it. I really do. You're afraid the meany Rams are going to play extremely physical and even if the Seahawks win the battle they may well lose the war because of it. Good. You should be. Rams want to be where the Seahawks are now and all signs are its going to happen soon.

So, you want to spout statistics, yet when someone else shows you that the Rams have the most dirty penalties, it's "bs". Then, you're trying to say we're "afraid of the meany Rams". The only thing we're "afraid" of is one of your dirty ass players trying to take one of our guys knees out. Just goes to show how dumb you really are; go back and look at all your posts...you change stories then just claim "bs". Go have another Coors Light, Cleetus. We're going to curb stomp your cheap and dirty team.

Heard that in october too but all that was delivered then was whining and excuses.

Rex

Reaction score
-The Glove-":30tmmh4i said:
Rex":30tmmh4i said:
253hawk":30tmmh4i said:
There's a big difference between game play penalties and sportsmanship penalties though. A false start or defensive holding is nothing like a dirty hit or a cheap shot.

Rams in 2013:
Taunting - tied #1

Taunting - tied #2
Horse collar tackle - #1

Keepin' that scumbag tradition alive and well. Sure, they're generally small sample sizes, but being near the top in dirtbag penalties across the board and in consecutive seasons shows a complete lack of discipline and/or indifference by the players and the coaching staff. Or else it's entirely intentional, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I get it. I really do. You're afraid the meany Rams are going to play extremely physical and even if the Seahawks win the battle they may well lose the war because of it. Good. You should be. Rams want to be where the Seahawks are now and all signs are its going to happen soon.
There's nothing mean about taking cheap shots or playing after the whistle. Any idiot can do that.

Then it's nice? :sarcasm_on:

BASF

Reaction score
HawksSoc":235yqi1r said:
How's that going for you a chara?

Hey, leave my Bruin out of this. Though if you ask most of the Eastern Conference he's dirty too.

The video of a play I brought up after the game. Walters was returning a kick and TJ McDonald makes a very good play for the tackle. Chase Reynolds who is five yards away when Walters hits the ground, looks down at Walters to line up his knee with Walters head and bang knee to the back of the head. Reynolds was fined last season for the game in Seattle when he has two penalties against him one which was a helmet to helmet hit. I can only assume that the league did not see this play when they were handing out fines for that game.

[youtube]CaEw3mbRI5o[/youtube]

ivotuk

Reaction score
A weak team has to resort to cheap shots. What was funny last year was after the multiple unsportsmanlike penalties and an ejection, Fister had the gall to say he wants to see more respect for the game.

All that talent yet this screwball loses week in, week out, year in, year out.

Fortunately for us, he will still be there next year for the NFCW to collect wins off of. :D

chris98251

Reaction score
Hey Pesky Rexy,

When a Coach has a history of teams that are undisciplined, lack composure, self control and are taught if you can't beat them hurt them there is a issue. Now add that Coach to the competition committee that wants to improve safety for the players and you have a hypocrisy.

Fisher has had that reputation with the Bears as a player and a position coach and Special teams if I remember correctly, yes it's remember because I actually seen him as a player as well, at Houston / Tennessee as well and now with the Rams.

Your Rams have talent, they don't have to resort to that kind of play, a team of Albert Haynesworths and Conrad Dobler types. Its your coach.

You need to be physical in this division, but everyone knows that if you play the Rams to watch your back and be ready for a sucker punch at anytime.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
I was very happy to see the Rams play a clean game from what I saw. Still hoping to hear good news on the injuries from the game, but I didn't catch anything dirty on the first watch.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Clean? Not sure I would say that. They made a point to hit Wilson on every R.O. handoff even when he clearly didn't have the ball. Within the rules, but St. Louis made it a bigger point of emphasis than any other team I've seen. On multiple occasions I saw a Rams player dig his elbow into #3 and others while they were on the ground.

Didn't spot anything straight up boneheaded like last year's game, though.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1otzqf6p said:
Clean? Not sure I would say that. They made a point to hit Wilson on every R.O. handoff even when he clearly didn't have the ball. Within the rules, but St. Louis made it a bigger point of emphasis than any other team I've seen. On multiple occasions I saw a Rams player dig his elbow into #3 and others while they were on the ground.

Rams are cheap and dirty.

It is known

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rex":2v5hhyy7 said:
kearly":2v5hhyy7 said:
Rex":2v5hhyy7 said:

I guess you didn't notice that from that same chart, the Rams are the very worst team in the NFL for penalty yardage, and have the most 15 yard penalties in the NFL (you know, the "dirty" kind) with a good margin to spare over second place.

The Seahawks have a lot of penalties all right, but they are mostly of the "derp" variety. Offsides, false start, holding, etc. The Seahawks aren't dirty, but they do love themselves some dumb penalties.

Besides, there is a difference between being a bully and being dirty. Physical teams tend to have more penalties, this has always been true. The last two SB champs led the league in penalties.

Then you have 'fake tough guy' teams who rack up personal fouls to mask how finesse they are. For example, the Chicago Bears. They are one of the most finesse teams in the league under Trestman, but they lead the NFL with 11 penalties for unnecessary roughness.

The Rams are a physical team. Fisher rebuilt the Rams to compete within the NFC West. The roughing the passer penalties are mostly BS and only have a chance at being called when there is pressure. The Rams get pressure. Ask Russell Wilson. :th2thumbs:
What yew got between them thar ears? Your team has the most 15 yd penalties by a COMFORTABLE margin. That does't happen only because of ticky tacky calls from refs. That is the result of Team Greg 'Bounty Gate' Williams backed up by Jeff Fisher.

Better to you wear it as a badge instead of denying it or rationalizing. I'm giving you the benefit if doubt, because the only other alternative is you don't know football and/or your own team.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rex":1e4s0e2u said:
253hawk":1e4s0e2u said:

Rams in 2013:
Taunting - tied #1

Taunting - tied #2
Horse collar tackle - #1

'All signs are' you just had another losing season. Pass me what you are smoking.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2bnmp97d said:

I saw one of the hit when Russ handed off the read option, he wasn't even in the stance of running he was just standing even after Lynch was already 4 yards out.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dizzlepdx":1c95gtgl said:
I was very happy to see the Rams play a clean game from what I saw. Still hoping to hear good news on the injuries from the game, but I didn't catch anything dirty on the first watch.
You must've missed the player knee at Okung and push him when he was getting up

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rex":16wxd943 said:
HawksSoc":16wxd943 said:
Just heard this stat Rex, Fisher has coached in the NFL for 19 seasons, he has been UNDER .500 in 13 of those 19, thoughts?

16 of those seasons were working for Bud Adams.
Yeah?, and now that he's the 'head cheese', he's going to turn the NFL on it's head? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exittium

Reaction score
Or Richardson getting his fingers stepped on. Believe it was on a 3rd down pass. He was tackled on the sideline. No conversion. Another rams player was "walking" by Richardson and you see it clear as day. Hell he even grabbed his fingers when he got up. It was the play after he made his incredible catch I believe. Idk