Rams in 1st Place.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm naked. The L.A. Rams will be just like thier new city, mediocre and polluted. With Greg Williams at the helm, they will "pollute" the NFL with cheap shot penalties.

This is all a function of being influenced by your environment, and who you associate with, and L.A. and Greg Williams are not good in either respect. Plus all that smog! Ugh!

I have no idea what I'm saying here, just couldn't pass up the opportunity to say negative things about the Rams. :179419:

Oh yea, and there's this: "Jeff Fisher on Rams' issues with penalties: 'It doesn't look good'"

No idea how this happens Jeff? Look in the mirror. It's what you and your coaching staff preach, cheap shots.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... -look-good

RedAlice, you need a new team to root for. I know of a team in Blue & Green that is FANTASTIC! :snack:

*belch*

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2duykpfi said:
LymonHawk":2duykpfi said:
You guys seem to miss the point entirely.

PC is a bit more devious than y'all give him credit for. Look at it this way. As long as we let the Rams win a game or two against us, then they'll keep Fisher. Why would we want them to have a winning coach?

Now does it makes sense?

What Poop's post reminds me of; Remember when you were in Junior High, and your friend came running in shouting, "I just got some, I just got some! Here smell my finger!" :roll:

Doesn't make too much sense considering we once enjoyed a run almost identical to the Seahawks over the past 4 years. It ended 13 years ago which is not exactly an eternity, so I don't think we all forgot what winning feels like.

His post is significant not because of how bad the Rams have been, but because even though it's only 3 weeks into the season, nobody had the Rams in first place at any point during the season because the Cardinals and Seahawks were considered two of the best teams in the NFL.

The last time the Rams had a winning record after week 3 was a 2-1 start in 2006.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":lnr02csf said:
Very interesting game this week...Rams and Cards.

If the Rams win the Cards drop to 1-3.

But after getting hammered in Buffalo yesterday, I fully expect AZ to come back strong at home.
Yes it is an interesting game. If they win the Rams will have beaten the heavyweights of the division and be in first place and be in early good NFC playoff position, whilst AZ will be the new basement team. The Rams are more interesting to me than the Cards, with Goff (both the player and the trade). People forget the Rams did the same deal in reverse when they traded RG3 to Washington, so it's not like they were crippled for high picks or anything--they could afford to get Goff--if he's the player they think he is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1g8m5aj6 said:
Sports Hernia":1g8m5aj6 said:
Pops":1g8m5aj6 said:
As it should be. 37 points. I must be dreaming.
Too bad for you they don't hand out that silver trophy after 3 weeks.........
Congrats on scoring your first TD this year.

It's reminds me when I was a kid in the late 70's and my cellar dwelling Seattle Mariners would sweep the All-World New York Yankees whenever they came to town. I remember going to a game in 1979 at "ball night" when Seattle scored 9 runs in the first inning against Tommy John who didn't make it out of that inning. Seattle ended up winning 16-1. Good Times! 8)

I think I was at that game. Me and Gparents went to 3 of the 4 games.
Yeah, I went with 2 friends at the time, one of their parents dropped off 3 11 year olds at king street station and we walked to the k'dome. Different times.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":342mqodp said:
Seahawkfan80":342mqodp said:
Sports Hernia":342mqodp said:
Pops":342mqodp said:
As it should be. 37 points. I must be dreaming.
Too bad for you they don't hand out that silver trophy after 3 weeks.........
Congrats on scoring your first TD this year.

It's reminds me when I was a kid in the late 70's and my cellar dwelling Seattle Mariners would sweep the All-World New York Yankees whenever they came to town. I remember going to a game in 1979 at "ball night" when Seattle scored 9 runs in the first inning against Tommy John who didn't make it out of that inning. Seattle ended up winning 16-1. Good Times! 8)

I think I was at that game. Me and Gparents went to 3 of the 4 games.
Yeah, I went with 2 friends at the time, one of their parents dropped off 3 11 year olds at king street station and we walked to the k'dome. Different times.

We had their trailer and parked in the parking lot for the few nights we were there. It was an interesting time for sure.

Rams_eat_QB's

Reaction score
Pops":29tm7l6f said:
Ramfan128":29tm7l6f said:
LymonHawk":29tm7l6f said:

PC is a bit more devious than y'all give him credit for. Look at it this way. As long as we let the Rams win a game or two against us, then they'll keep Fisher. Why would we want them to have a winning coach?

Now does it makes sense?

What Poop's post reminds me of; Remember when you were in Junior High, and your friend came running in shouting, "I just got some, I just got some! Here smell my finger!" :roll:

Doesn't make too much sense considering we once enjoyed a run almost identical to the Seahawks over the past 4 years. It ended 13 years ago which is not exactly an eternity, so I don't think we all forgot what winning feels like.

His post is significant not because of how bad the Rams have been, but because even though it's only 3 weeks into the season, nobody had the Rams in first place at any point during the season because the Cardinals and Seahawks were considered two of the best teams in the NFL.

The last time the Rams had a winning record after week 3 was a 2-1 start in 2006.
Rams were 4-3 after the week 8 mark last year.
Seahawks WIN
Redskins LOSS
Steelers LOSS
Cardinals WIN
Packers LOSS
BYE
Browns WIN
49ers WIN

RedAlice

Reaction score
Wrong thread.

For this thread, I say: Rams are in 1st until after Sunday at least, and I hope they stay there.

Has been a long time.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Rams_eat_QB's":33w07rph said:
Pops":33w07rph said:
Ramfan128":33w07rph said:
LymonHawk":33w07rph said:

Now does it makes sense?

Rams were 4-3 after the week 8 mark last year.
Seahawks WIN
Redskins LOSS
Steelers LOSS
Cardinals WIN
Packers LOSS
BYE
Browns WIN
49ers WIN

Correct. I should have written at week 3 instead of after.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
RedAlice":1r1ftqtf said:
Wrong thread.

For this thread, I say: Rams are in 1st until after Sunday at least, and I hope they stay there.

Has been a long time.

Why wrong thread? Never anything wrong about the Rams in 1st place!

xgeoff

Reaction score
sutz":2gf8ybfq said:
Yeah, 1 game lead in September is hardly something to crow about. ;)

Not even a 1 game lead. They are tied with the Seahawks, and simply own the tiebreaker. If I were a Rams fan I would be very happy that they pulled off two wins in games that they played very poorly in. That's a very promising thing.

Frankly, I feel that way about the Seahawks as well. Against the Dolphins, we did not play well. The Bengals manhandled that Dolphins team yesterday. That Dolphins team is not good, and we were a hair's breath away from losing to them.

But you have to win those types of games early on. We know the Hawks will get better as the season progresses. If we can win some of these chippy games early while we're still getting our legs under us, that portends very good things later on.

The Rams could very, very easily be 0-3. The fact that they're not is something for Rams fans to be ecstatic about. Being happy to be tied for first place after 3 games, though, that's absurd. It's meaningless right now.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
xgeoff":3uhyryom said:
The Rams could very, very easily be 0-3. The fact that they're not is something for Rams fans to be ecstatic about. Being happy to be tied for first place after 3 games, though, that's absurd. It's meaningless right now.

So I can be "ecstatic" about the Rams not being 0-3 but my being "happy" the Rams are in 1st place is "absurd"? That makes no sense.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Pops":3kkkenja said:
xgeoff":3kkkenja said:

So I can be "ecstatic" about the Rams not being 0-3 but my being "happy" the Rams are in 1st place is "absurd"? That makes no sense.

Yes.

The Rams have Fisher at the helm, so 7-9 is pretty much all you can hope for.

Therefore, be ecstatic about somehow not being 0-3....but your first place tie excitement is absurd and wont last long because....well......Fisher.

Makes sense to me.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2n7q8d2n said:
Pops":2n7q8d2n said:
xgeoff":2n7q8d2n said:

Yes.

The Rams have Fisher at the helm, so 7-9 is pretty much all you can hope for.

Therefore, be ecstatic about somehow not being 0-3....but your first place tie excitement is absurd

Not a tie. Rams are in 1st place alone. To think otherwise is absurd.

Laloosh

Reaction score
This is literally the exact same line of posting that Rex here took on this website last season.

Yet, somehow people are taking the bait again.

Let the trolls die of starvation.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Laloosh":2lah1ijl said:
This is literally the exact same line of posting that Rex here took on this website last season.

How is stating a fact trolling? Rams are in 1st place and I'm happy about it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Pops":232e9w8r said:
Laloosh":232e9w8r said:

Well if your going to be an idiot about it then lets face the real facts, Currently they are tied for first and your team holds the tie breaker.

Now think about that for a second. What does the tie breaker mean? It means if the season ended today, you would be in first place. Did the season end today?

We have only played one game and it was in your house. Technically even if you won the next one but our record was still even, you still would only "HOLD THE TIE BREAKER" and that still wouldn't be worth anything if you failed to match wins with us the rest of the way.

If you want to scream to your friends and family your in first place. Go ahead but you just look stupid trying to scream it here. We are very familiar with your team believing beating the Seahawks is the same as winning the super bowl but none of us here actually believe this has any meaning what so ever in the grand scheme of things.

The season is long and the tie breakers only count at the end of the season. Until then the records are what matters and right now the records are even. Sorry if your new to football and don't understand how tiebreakers apply.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
RichNhansom":16k97736 said:
Pops":16k97736 said:
Laloosh":16k97736 said:

Well if your going to be an idiot about it then lets face the real facts, Currently they are tied for first and your team holds the tie breaker.

Now think about that for a second. What does the tie breaker mean? It means if the season ended today, you would be in first place. Did the season end today?

We have only played one game and it was in your house. Technically even if you won the next one but our record was still even, you still would only "HOLD THE TIE BREAKER" and that still wouldn't be worth anything if you failed to match wins with us the rest of the way.

If you want to scream to your friends and family your in first place. Go ahead but you just look stupid trying to scream it here. We are very familiar with your team believing beating the Seahawks is the same as winning the super bowl but none of us here actually believe this has any meaning what so ever in the grand scheme of things.

The season is long and the tie breakers only count at the end of the season. Until then the records are what matters and right now the records are even. Sorry if your new to football and don't understand how tiebreakers apply.

No tie involved. Thats what having the tiebreaker means. True it only comes into play usually at the end of week 17 but since the Rams beat the Seahawks this season and own a 3 game winning streak against the Seahawks it is safe to say the Rams are currently alone in 1st place. I've been following the NFL since 1968 and a tie breaker applies to the end of a regular season which doesn't have to be after week 17.

I never said the Rams in 1st place has any meaning in the grand scheme of things other than my being happy about it. Though you're being so defensive about it is something to note.

Latest posts